TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
claydude14

Edge is the new WWE Champion

As you all know by now, Edge finally cashed in his MitB briefcase for as shot at a World title, and defeated John Cena following the Elimination Chamber to win his first WWE championship. So, where do you see his reign going? One night Kane reign? A few week stint til the Rumble? Til Wrestlemanaia, or even beyond?

Share your thoughts on where the booking can possibly go from this hotshot title change. I'm thinking Cena regains the belt at the Rumble, but I'm not absolutely sure. When Edge came out to cash it in, I still thought Cena would retain based on how overly strong he's been booked; yet Edge wins. So really I have no idea where this title reign is going. There's no huge face on RAW to challenge him for Mania.

Guest Nathan

At least Cena was healthy....

I have no idea where this is going, but its at least sparked my interest to see what Raw's side of Wretlemania is going to look like now.

Cena wins it back at the Rumble or they do Edge (make him, Vince's Golden Boy in storyline) vs HBK at Mania.

PERSONALLY, if they were WILLING to turn Kurt Angle heel, I'd say do an Angle/Edge feud for the title.

I mean, look at it storyline wise. Angle has been OBSESSED with winning the WWE Championship ever since mid-late August, and has tried everything he could to get it.

Then, all of the sudden, someone who hadn't had a WWE Title Shot and wasn't even SCHEDULED for one waltzes in and wins the belt.

Angle would want to do whatever it took to get that belt off the "upstart" Edge.

Guest Desperate Housewife
Gentlemen: Rob Van Dam when he returns.

Yeah , Right

PERSONALLY, if they were WILLING to turn Kurt Angle heel, I'd say do an Angle/Edge feud for the title.

I mean, look at it storyline wise. Angle has been OBSESSED with winning the WWE Championship ever since mid-late August, and has tried everything he could to get it.

Then, all of the sudden, someone who hadn't had a WWE Title Shot and wasn't even SCHEDULED for one waltzes in and wins the belt.

Angle would want to do whatever it took to get that belt off the "upstart" Edge.

Funny thing is that this is all true outside of kayfabe. Kurt HAS been doing everything in his power to get a title reign. If I were him I legitimately be pissed.

But I don't think they will ever turn Kurt heel, which makes you wonder, who will he have a program with next?

From the sounds of it Angle cut a promo on the PPV saying he could be a Jesus hating racist who loves France and IRaq and still be cheered, so I guess they are turning him face. His matches with Edge have been good so I like this, if it happens.

Here's what I'm thinking will happen..

Tommorrow night Cena finds a "loophole" in the contract that says Edge's MITB was only good for the World Heavyweight Championship (since that was the belt on RAW when he won it), and thus keeps the WWE title, beats him again in the main event, and the Cena reign continuez~!

Guest Fook

I can see Edge/Angle at the Rumble with Edge winning by nefarious means.

Have Cena in the rumble match, but not win. His losing the title and not being able to get the WM rematch could be the main catalyst for his heel turn.

This would make Edge's opponent at WM interesting. Cena or HHH wouldn't work as it would be heel vs heel. HBK is a safe bet for a good match, but it looks like he's going to be tied up with Vince. If they hadn't buried him for the past year I would say have Shelton/Edge at WM, but it's not going to happen. A rematch with Angle wouldn't be out of the question, but whether the fans are still interested in Edge/Angle by that point is another story.

From the NYR thread:

God, as horribly booked as this PPV was, I now wish I would have parted with my $35 to see one of my all time favorites win his first WWE Championship. Best moment of 2006 by far.

*clutches autographed copy of Edge's book and the photo he also signed at E3 and weeps tears of joy*

VIVA EDGE!

7d0bb992.jpg

Personally, I hope he goes on a long, JBL like reign and that things end up with he and Christian both holding world titles simultaneously in different companies.

I wonder if they'll build on Edge's reign as a heel or face? I wonder how the crowds will react to him once the effect of beating Cena (who the live crowds seem to despise) wears off.

It depends on his opponent. Look, whoever he goes against won't be as shitty as JBL/Cena from WM last year.

I don't know what Angle is portraying at the moment. He still gets "You Suck" chants and then cheers in his matches. I nominated RVD since he'll get the big return pop and the crowd would go ballistic if he won the Rumble or something.

This would also play perfectly into my idea for the 2nd MITB match at WM. It'd be guys like RVD, Masters, Carlito, Shelton, whoever. I'd have RVD win that MITB match and then keep the title on Edge for a while longer....say June. Then I'd have RVD cash in his MITB at the most opportune time: ECW One Night Stand. He who lives by the Money in the Bank, dies by the Money in the Bank.

Someone on the DVD boards suggested that Flair would win the WWE Title on RAW in 2 weeks in Charlotte and then job it to HHH at WM22.

Hmm... as quickly as it went up, the Edge interview from WWE.com seems to be gone, replaced with the blurb about it being posted later (later being promised as 25 minutes ago).

This is what WAS up...

http://img250.imageshack.us/my.php?image=e...nterview6fw.jpg

And this is where the interview was (and assume where it will show up again):

http://www.wwe.com/content/media/video/591...rview?section=/

Guest Duncan Eternia

This is what I would do...

Keep Cena away from the ME for a bit. I understand the logic behind him wanting a rematch because of what happened at the PPV, but it may be better to have Cena turn heel based upon his crowd reactions. Have him go all out heel and try to destroy everyone the fans "love". This sets up a few months of programs, and in turn gets Cena (hopefully) over as a heel. Once this is accomplished then have him go for the title again...maybe by SSlam?

Edge, meanwhile, can fued with anyone really. RVD and HBK seem like decent choices, as does a face Kurt Angle.

I think turning Cena heel could backfire greatly. If they make Cena getting booed the desired reaction, then the fans may end up sitting on their hands simply because they dont want to react to Cena how they are 'meant to'.

It's about fucking time. Say what you want, but Edge has paid his dues in this great sport, and those dues have finally paid off. Give Edge a long title reign, says I.

Guest Duncan Eternia
I think turning Cena heel could backfire greatly. If they make Cena getting booed the desired reaction, then the fans may end up sitting on their hands simply because they dont want to react to Cena how they are 'meant to'.

Yeah, that is a good point. How the hell do they save him then...give him some time off to come back with a fresh return?