TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dangerous A

Lesnar legal news

Since I'm on a legal tangent here...

Judge Christopher Droney has indicated that unless WWE gives him a good argument between now and 1/25, that he will rule in favor of Brock Lesnar, giving him a summary judgement. That would enable Lesnar to work anywhere he wanted and for anyone he wanted immediately. WWE has filed another injunction attempt to prevent Lesnar from working the 2/19 New Japan show at Sumo Hall. They were at first turned down in their attempt to get him stopped from working the Tokyo Dome, but were given a hearing, which they then pulled out of.

In the spirit of the Danger Zone, this is interesting. :D

I hope he goes to work for TNA just to spite WWE (just because Lesnar could put on some really good matches against a lot of TNA guys). Granted, they probably can't afford him, but who knows?

I'm no legal expert, so I'm having a hard time understanding what jurisdiction an American court has over a Japanese wrestling company.

Believe it or not, I don't think Lesnar is that great a fit in TNA. They don't have a lot good opponents to match him up with, which is the exact same reason he is tanking in New Japan right now.

Actually Vince and WWE can get out of this by agreeing to pay Lesnar for his old deal, which is the root of this whole thing because when Lesnar wanted back in several months ago, WWE was willing, but at a way lesser downside than before he left.

Ultimately, if Vince feels threatened Lesnar goes to TNA, he could just pay him. However, how dumb would it be to pay a guy a million dollars a year to sit out or worse, get buried publicly like you know WWE would do?

Brock Lesnar vs. Sting for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship - Make it happen.

:)

I can see plenty of guys in TNA who I'd love to see Lesnar take on.

The only guy in TNA I really wanna see Lesnar fight is Samoa Joe. Now that I think about it, that would be really good.

There's not much beyond that though. The sad thing is that Lesnar was a perfect fit for WWE. He was big enough and had enough personality to be a sports entetainer, but at the same time he had enough speed and mat skill to be a good wrestler. It's really too bad he's burned his bridges with WWE, because that's where he's the best fit.

I hope he goes to work for TNA just to spite WWE (just because Lesnar could put on some really good matches against a lot of TNA guys). Granted, they probably can't afford him, but who knows?

Huh? Of course they can afford Lesnar. He'd probably sign for less than what Sting took.

Aside from the usual suspects like AJ Styles and Samoa Joe, I think Brock could match up well with a lot of TNA guys...Monty Brown might be an interesting opponent (granted, it probably wouldn't be a technical classic, but might have some neat spots). Christian Cage (I don't remember them meeting in WWE) would be another. It would also be fun to see Brock kill Jeff Jarrett in the ring.

They gave Sting half a million to wrestle twice a month, so Panda is obviously willing to invest a lot of money in TNA.