TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest GoJoe

TLC this Monday Night

Guest GoJoe

http://www.wwe.com/content/media/touts/splash/images/1957260

TLC Match

January 16, 2006

This Monday night on RAW, for the first time ever, Edge will put his newly-won WWE Championship on the line in a TLC Match. His opponent will be 16-time World Champion Ric Flair. Is the Nature Boy primed for another reign on top? Or will the Rated R Superstar's experience in TLC Matches carry him over Flair? Watch RAW to find out.

The new World Heavyweight Champion Kurt Angle and Shawn Michaels have had some of the best matches in WWE history. They are considered two of the best all-around performers that the sports-entertainment industry has ever seen. They delivered an instant-classic at WrestleMania 21, and Angle walked away with the first victory in what would turn out to be an extended rivalry.

Their match at WrestleMania was an interpromotional one, but after Angle was drafted to RAW in the Draft Lottery, it was just a matter of time before they locked horns again. The rematch was at Vengeance, and while the match was another classic, the result was different as HBK picked up the big win.

Mr. McMahon then put a smile on every WWE fans’ faces when he announced a third match between the two for the big WWE Homecoming last October. To make things even more interesting, though, he made the rubber match a 30-Minute WWE Iron Man Match. The two battled to the point of exhaustion for 30 minutes, and in the end, they both scored two falls apiece, and the match was ruled a draw.

After HBK and Angle had a falling out during a tag team match on RAW, Mr. McMahon thought it would be the perfect time for HBK vs. Angle IV. And who could argue? Don’t miss RAW Monday night in what is sure to be another instant classic between these two amazing competitors.

And Kane, Chavo Guerrero and Shelton Benjamin all qualified for the Royal Rumble. It was also announced that Rob Van Dam would make his big return to the squared circle in the Royal Rumble Match. Who else will qualify for the Royal Rumble? Tune in to Monday Night RAW at 9/8 CT on the USA Network to find out.

The old preview hinted that John Cena would be facing reprisals for getting involved at the end of Raw last week (Vince said if he did, he would lost his match at the Rumble). Lately if WWE.com removes something from the preview, it means it will be brought up as a surprise.

Guest Fook
This Monday night on RAW, for the first time ever, Edge will put his newly-won WWE Championship on the line in a TLC Match. His opponent will be 16-time World Champion Ric Flair. Is the Nature Boy primed for another reign on top? Or will the Rated R Superstar's experience in TLC Matches carry him over Flair? Watch RAW to find out.

Proper buildup? What's that?

Seriously, this is waste. A TLC match should be like HIAC or the Elimination Chamber in that it's only used in big ppv matches.

Plus, I don't know if this one will be any good. TLC matches are built around multiple competitors taking enourmous bumps. This one has only two wreslers, and one of them is Flair, who we all know can't take the huge bumps required in a match like this.

Heh...the TLC match intrigues me anyway. Edge will probably take a few good bumps and Flair will bleed all over the place after a few wicked chairshots. Sounds like entertainment to me...probably be the worst TLC match ever but should be a fun 15 minutes of television.

Damn they are really going full tilt with Raw/Smackdown this past week and now it appears next week will be the same. Don't really see the point in doing a TLC match with Edge and Flair when Edge is just recovering from injuries and Flair just obviously isnt cut out for this type of match. But whatever, its free on TV so I wont complain for big matches that should be on ppv being put on Raw.

It seems like, intentionally or not (yes with the Cena change, no with the Batista change) that they are going to try to really spice up the booking from now til Mania hopefully. The proposed Mania card needs a full overhaul of changes anyway and maybe they will be doing so considering all of the hotshotting happening since last week.

My guess it that Flair will put up a fight, but Edge will end up slaughtering him in this match, to put him over as a despicable heel champion and further his "Rated R Superstar" persona. Flair will probably bleed all over and do a stretcher job, etc.

Heh...the TLC match intrigues me anyway. Edge will probably take a few good bumps and Flair will bleed all over the place after a few wicked chairshots. Sounds like entertainment to me...probably be the worst TLC match ever but should be a fun 15 minutes of television.

Kane could do the Sid thing and walk in during the middle of the match. Powerbomb both Edge and Flair through tables and then take the belt declaring himself champion.

Guest InuYasha

Okay, I may be behind the times because I don't watch Smackdown, but how in the hell can Angle be the World Champ?

Back on topic; Flair's days of Super Bump matches are far behind him. Flair will be Flair: drunk off his ass, but still trying to actually do a good match. If at any point Flair is actually about to win the belt, Cena will come down and either get it DQ'ed, or will screw over Flair, further confusing the fans as to whether he is a face or a heel.

Guest Fook
Why don't they just have a one on one match where Flair pulls all the stops, but in the end, it's not enough to beat the champ?

Because doing a normal match then having a rematch with the crazy stipulation at a big show uses proper booking and common sense.

They're probably doing this to continue their hot streak of one week of high ratings. It doesn't matter to me though; I'm watching 24 on Monday night.

Guest wildpegasus

Flair shouldn't even be wrestling in the ring anymore. He's been an accident waiting to happen for years now. What's it going to look like one of these days when something bad happens to Flair right on live TV?

Guest Brian

So the world champion is going to bump like hell for the old guy, or is Flair going to take a few bumps and bleed like crazy?

Wow, that's gonna suck. Edge was never the one to take the huge bumps in the TLC matches, and now it's gonna be one on one against Flair?

Biggest spot will simply be Flair pushing the ladder over while Edge is 3/4 of the way up it.

So the world champion is going to bump like hell for the old guy, or is Flair going to take a few bumps and bleed like crazy?

Im going to watch because I think both will happen. Hopefully its entertaining, but its going to depend on the booking. A good 10 minute bloody brawl with a few big bumps should be fun...but itll probably end up being a bunch of run-ins and 'controversial shenanigans'