TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dolfan483

The Boogeyman

Guest Dolfan483

Well The Boogeyman has been on Smackdown! for about 2 months now and even though hes only had 3 or 4 matches i think he plays his character perfectly, so i ask you guys this, what will he do this year? Will he win the World Title if any titles? Or will he fade to black like most of the gimmicks these days?

I heard he's gonna upgrade from eating worms to snakes....then puppies.

The gimmick has been a lot more entertaining than I would have ever expected but no way it's ever going to get out of the mid-card. It will be played out in a few months if not sooner.

This gimmick is gonna get old fast. I don't know why everyone likes him, but soon enough his popularity will fade as the gimmick becomes increasingly stale over the next few months. I nominate him to be UT's annual GAB murder victim.

I'm headed to the Smackdown tapings next week and I am looking forward to seeing this guy. I love the gimmick and character. Sadly though, I dont see this ever getting him above mid-card.

SOMEONE will bitch if I dont edit out this Smackdown spoiler, even though its been known for weeks. If JBL does the job to him at the Rumble, I will be very shocked

Guest Gary Busey
Vince and Marty had better pray that "El Cubano" Jay Bower isn't watching!

I forgot about all of that. Good stuff. :D

I hope, I beg, I pray that

the Boogeyman defeats JBL at the Rumble!

That'd be great!

Guest Dam(o)nYankees

Put him in a feud with Orton for Mania. I think there's some unintentional comedy in there. Boogeyman doing his routine against the worst male actor with the worst facials in the company. Plus, The Randy Orton Face is sure to make more than one appearance.

He won't last long at all, he's so far out there I just can't imagine him ever winning a title or anything

What is The Randy Orton Face?

On Topic: How long did the Papa Shago gimmick last? Yeah, that's how long Boogy will last.

Actually, he could do a title reign if they tweek his character when it gets stale. But we all know how good the E is at tweeking characters when they get stale or fail to get over anymore.

I'm just waiting for them to pair him up with Goldust. C'mon, you know it's bound to happen eventually.

Well, it might actually be good for him as a wrestler. Dustin is very passable and teaming him with a veteran can only help him. And tag team wrestling could cover up many of his poor ring skills while he attempts to learn, although I don't know how much he could possibly improve at his age. I can see a Goldust/Boogey tag team providing comedy and possibly helping the tag scene immensely.

Better than just paying Dustin to sit at home and twiddle his thumbs. It's not his fault Vader was incredibly out of shape and could barely walk.

Do you get the feeling that all this love will go away as soon as he has an actual no-squash match?

Do you get the feeling that all this love will go away as soon as he has an actual no-squash match?

Most of us realize he can't wrestle worth a damn but considering his training time, it's not surprising. I don't think anyone here will defend him as anything more than a comedy gimmick.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees

If you check the Survivor Series site, there are two pictures of Randy Orton, after the Undertaker shows up, that no human being on earth has made before or since. I can only assume its supposed to be fear, but young Randall is such a piss poor actor that it comes off really comical and is embarassing to me as a fan. I was forced to try to explain to a none fan once what he was supposed to be conveying, and I had no idea.

Anyway, if anyone has read Bill Simmons, they know the Derek Lowe face, which was more or less the final sign before everything went to hell for Derek on the mound. When the Randy Orton Face (any variation of that stupid ripping out his hair flailing around on the ground shit) makes an appearance, its the warning sign that the segment is quickly going down the shitter.

If you check the Survivor Series site, there are two pictures of Randy Orton, after the Undertaker shows up, that no human being on earth has made before or since. I can only assume its supposed to be fear, but young Randall is such a piss poor actor that it comes off really comical and is embarassing to me as a fan. I was forced to try to explain to a none fan once what he was supposed to be conveying, and I had no idea.

Anyway, if anyone has read Bill Simmons, they know the Derek Lowe face, which was more or less the final sign before everything went to hell for Derek on the mound. When the Randy Orton Face (any variation of that stupid ripping out his hair flailing around on the ground shit) makes an appearance, its the warning sign that the segment is quickly going down the shitter.

You mean the one with him on one side and UT on the other and in the middle, it say, "the dead rise again"? Yeah, that's one hell of a face.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees

You mean the one with him on one side and UT on the other and in the middle, it say, "the dead rise again"? Yeah, that's one hell of a face.

That's the other one I was referring to. He has a whole repertoire of faces like that. None of them are faces real people make.

Boogeyman's gimmick is childish and exactly the kind of thing that belongs in the past. I am a big wrestling fan and it annoys me when the industry I love so much does not put foward a decent product.

I for one hate the Boogeyman thing... But as you (and I) say, if you don't like it, don't watch it, so I don't watch Smackdown!

... That's it. I won't watch Smackdown, even though my hero Kurt is on there now, until Boogeyman is gone.

... No I'm lying. I will never watch Smackdown. It's a terrible show. Except Tazz who comes out with some unintentional gold.

I for one hate the Boogeyman thing... But as you (and I) say, if you don't like it, don't watch it, so I don't watch Smackdown!

... That's it. I won't watch Smackdown, even though my hero Kurt is on there now, until Boogeyman is gone.

... No I'm lying. I will never watch Smackdown. It's a terrible show. Except Tazz who comes out with some unintentional gold.

Tazz is great!!!