TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

TNA iMPACT Spoilers

by Dave Meltzer

[email protected]

Results as we go....

Chris Sabin & Sonjay Dutt b David Young & Elix Skipper when Sabin pinned Young

A-1 & Petey Williams & Eric Young b Shark Boy & Lance Hoyt & Ron Killings when Williams pinned Shark after the Canadian Destroyer

James Gang b Buck Quartermain & Kenny King when Kip pinned King after a cobra clutch slam

Homicide & Konnan challenged them to a match at the 2/12 Against All Odds show

Shannon Moore b A.J. Styles in a street fight. Christopher Daniels was at ringside and when Styles was caught in a half crab, he threw in the towel. The ref refused to recognize it, but as Styles and Daniels argued, Moore used an O'Connor roll for the pin. Women and kids cheered Styles but the guys were all over him, chanting "You screwed Daniels," so the storyline they tried to portray on the PPV didn't get over. They chanted "You got punked" at Styles after the match

They teased there were problems with Sting, but Larry Zbyszko denied that to be the case. Zbyszko told Team 3-D that they could have a match on PPV with either AMW or Team Canada, and would have to choose.

Christian did a promo. Jarrett came out with a contract and wanted to know who his opponent would be. Somehow it came out that Sting would be live "next week" (later tonight). Jarrett asked Christian if his buddy Jericho was going to be getting the shot. Well, if Christian is the one getting it, they sure managed to make that a letdown. Monty Brown, Rhino and Abyss all ended up in the ring with Rhino and Abyss and Christian and Jarrett fighting. Brown picked up the contract. Funny thing was, a fan threw a pen into the ring for him to sign it, but he had to no sell the pen.

Open of the second show saw Team 3-D saying they couldn't choose who they wanted, so it'll be up to an internet vote. I guess that'll be fine unless they decide to actually abide by the voting and then put Matt Hardy in the listings.

Aries, Strong and Shelley were complaining to Jerry Lynn about not getting good matches. Matt Bentley then said if anyone should get better matches, it should be him. He told the other three to watch him next.

Bentley came out. Joe came out. Joe choked him out

Jarrett b Jay Lethal. Jackie Gayda came out with a tape recorder and played a tape to Gail Kim. She wasn't happy hearing it. Thankfully it's not WWE so this wasn't a tape backstage from Montreal. Kim and Gayda left. Jarrett won with the stroke.

Christian came out and announced he was getting the title match. Crowd loved that.

Rhino NC Abyss. Rhino gored Abyss through a wall or something like htat

Sting came out for his interview. He said five years ago when he wrestled Ric Flair on the last Nitro, they never gave him a chance to say goodbye. He said he came back for the show to give himself that chance. He said he was so happy with how the much came out on Sunday that he doesn't want to taint the memory by wrestling any longer. He said good bye and left. All the babyfaces tried to tell him he still had it and should stay but he didn't listen.

For Xplosion

Matt Bentley b Lex Lovett

Hiroshi Tanahashi b Roderick Strong. Wow, Tanahashi didn't even get on Impact

Team Canada b Killings & Naturals & Cassidy Riley when Roode pinned Riley

I am seriously puzzled by TNA's booking. I wonder where this angle is going with Sting? Also, will the way-too-smarkish fans at the Studio end up turning on AJ Styles, forcing TNA to give him a heel run?

Thats something I didn't think about. Cena-syndrome may be setting in on AJ. I know he can only be TNA's golden boy for so long, before the fans start wanting something new.

AJ as the smart-ass heel > AJ as the clean-cut babyface. He just plays it off so well. I don't know if he'll go for it, being a born-again (since, allegedly, that's the reason Sting never wants to be heel again), but he's just so good at it.

I had to read HTQ's post twice there as at first I thought he meant Christian as in Christian Cage. I thought to myself "I don't think he enjoys losing constantly whether it be to a heel or face" the first time I read it.

Turning AJ Styles heel isn't a bad thing at this point either since as I said in a previous thread, they just don't have enough Main Event level heels. Styles makes a very good heel like Corey said. Future face Christian vs heel Styles would be something good to build the company upon. If smart then you figure their four Main Event stars coming out of this year will be Styles, Daniels, Christian, and Joe.

Monty having to no-sell the pen is awesome. He should have signed the contract though to play along with it. At worst the creative team has to have Zybysko come out later and say that he books the matches, not Jarrett or some shit.

Guest Coffey

Man, it just all seems so...boring. It's like, they're a relatively new company and everything they seem to do seems like it's already happened or been going on for too long. They gotta change their routine up.

Man, it just all seems so...boring. It's like, they're a relatively new company and everything they seem to do seems like it's already happened or been going on for too long. They gotta change their routine up.

To be fair, every time I read these spoilers, I feel underwhelmed by them but when I actually watch the shows, it turns out way better than I expect on paper.

Still though, the creative really needs to be turned up on Impact, there is no doubt. What are they waiting for? Is needing a better timeslot again as the excuse much like they seemed to play up when they were on FSN?

Something needs to happen soon with things, all I can hope is that a two hour slot proposed for Thursday on Spike would change up their booking habits. I was just watching some of the first 2-3 months worth of TNA (and mind you alot of this stuff was even stuff that Russo was writing) and it was actually really strong stuff in a general sense, compared to what they are generally putting out right now, which is quality action but very weak on the creative front. When TNA first started, sure they made some mistakes (Cheex, Johnsons, etc) but generally they worked a formula almost instantly that really clicked.

You're basically echoing my sentiments there, Red. I've always stated that the blend of Sports Entertainment and "old-school" booking that TNA had for its first year and a half in existence was the strongest it had. I actually WANTED to order the next PPV as opposed to now when I don't care if I see Impact or not. Sure, I'll see a couple good matches, but a few good matches (usually with the same people over and over again) and very little in the category of "quality angles" won't make me want to stay tuned.

If I didn't care about the story, I'd just watch everything on mute and change the channel whenever anything wasn't happening in the ring.

You basically need two hours a week to be able to build a strong product. An hour each week isn't enough to properly build up everything if you're doing a PPV every month. It would be fine if they ran 6 or 4 PPVs a year though.

I'm all for seeing Samoa Joe in more competitive TV matches instead of squashing jobbers every week. Hopefully the possible two-hour timeslot that TNA gets later on will make that happen.