TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
janusd

Promo:An Offer To A Two Faced God

Undisclosed Building

Sydney, Australia

3:00pm

They always made it a habit to visit this place on occasion, both of them. The ring was dusty and old, the turnbuckles were missing pads, and one of the ropes had snapped, but surprisingly the little place was still used by what many would call the younger generation. Once there had been a wrestling school here, and it was here that Terrence Bailey had learned the tricks of the trade. And it had been here that the big Australian had also shown the first inklings of something hat would not unleash itself until many months after his training, when a chance encounter with a group now long dead had brought out the demon within, a demon that was never content to sleep for long.

In the spirit of the Roman god, they had called it Janus.

The sound of the building's rusty old doors creaking open and closed again bring the seven foot giant out of his reverie, and with his hands tucked deep in the pockets of his white trenchcoat he glances absently over his shoulder. There's a brief pause, and then he turns around entirely, crossing his arms over his chest instead. The three people standing there are of Asian descent, this much he can tell, and they are wearing matching business suits and glasses as if it were a bad Yakuza film. The silence that spreads through the former wrestling school is almost palpable as no one seems willing to speak, until one of the Japanese figures bows slightly and addresses the tall Australian.

"Terrence Bailey, am I correct?"

"Maybe."

"Terrence 'Janus' Bailey?"

Somewhere in the back of Terrence's mind, the darkness shifts and uncurls like a striking snake, watching.

"What do you want?" is his only reply.

In return, the individual who had spoken steps out from between his comrades, walking down the aisle between the disused chairs towards the giant. No words are spoken this time, as he brings an envelope from the pocket of his suit jacket and holds it out to the big man. Terrence - and arguably his other half - study the envelope for a long moment before taking it from the unnamed Asian. It bears his name on the front, complete with his 'middle' name, and he turns the envelope over to peel it open. A faint creak catches his ears and he looks up to find his mysterious visitors have departed just as quickly as they'd arrived. It brings him pause for a moment, and then he pulls the letter from the envelope and unfolds it. And if there were any argument that Janus was paying attention, it was easily dispelled now as the voice of the Hell Machine made the grey matter between his temples vibrate.

It's for both of us. Who addresses letters to both parts of someone with a mental disorder?

"Someone who's a nutjob? Don't ask me, I mean..."

Pot talking to the kettle. Just read the damn thing.

"Dear Terrence.... and Janus. I hope this letter finds both of you in as good of health as it is possible for you to be. You are being sent this letter due to your relations with ex-employees of our organisation... is this from the SWF or something?"

No official logo. Keep going.

"I'm getting to it. Jesus. Keep patient and shut up."

Patience is your virtue, not mine, Terrence.

"I said shut UP." the big Australian muttered, rubbing his left temple with his free hand. "Due to your relations with ex-employees of our organisation, whom you both encountered during your time in the Smartmarks Wrestling Federation. It is my understanding you recently returned for a single match with this federation, a match that seemed solely geared towards letting Janus indulge in what he does best..."

Blank. Oh yes. Yessss... that was simply hellacious chaos. Blood! Violence! Chaos! Destruction!

"Stop SHOUTING!" Terrence yelled, his voice echoing around the empty building as he palmed his forehead, grimacing.

Sorry.

"Right." the big Australian answered, knowing his other side was less than sincere as he finished reading the letter. "...and we are curious to know whether you are interested in eventual work within the SWF again for our organisation. Give it some time and think about it, both of you. We offer you both a place among equals, not subservience as you must to this Federation, or as you were with our two prior employees, Yuuchiro Kaesame or Na..."

"..."

Nathaniel Kibagami.

"...god, I hate that name..."

...ahahaha...

"We shall be in touch....yours sincerely.... the Inquisitor..."

Terrence presses the palm of his head against his forehead and grimaces at the laugh Janus reverberates through his head. He reaches the bottom of the letter and reads the quote inscribed therein, a quote that brings the Hell Machine to silence while his good half simply stares for several moments before crumpling the letter between his great palms and throwing it to the side. It was time to go back home and rest, and think about this. A normal person could simply turn down this strange offer, this request, but those two names had piqued Janus' interest, and that little quote left them with a lot to think about. As they stride together down the aisle and let the door squeak shut behind them as they exit, the letter crumpled on the ground uncrumples a little, just enough to reveal the unsettling four words at the very bottom of the letter.

So says the Clan.

(Turns to Terrence / Janus)

Methinks we're screwed, ol' boy... Boys...

I keep wondering if it's the same Janus or if the original Janus was erased from existence.

I watch too much Red Dwarf.

Now we're cooking with plasma!

(watched a new show called Hyperdrive last night. It's like Spaced... in space)

Sign in to follow this