TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jonathon

Marvels "Big Three" Writers...

Marvels "Big Three"...  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Quesadas Go-To Guys, Who's Your Favorite?

• Mark Millar
    • Brian Bendis
    • Ed Brubaker

Any of these guys overrated to you?

If we're talking about each writers entire history, not including just Marvel works, Millar wins out. Stuff like "wanted", "The Authority", "chosen", and "Ultimates" makes him my favorite. Great pacing, very cinematic scope.

I won't vote since I don't read Marvel but I must say that I shed a few tears when Brubaker left for Marvel.

His Catwoman run was my favorite book at the time and he wrote great stuff on Gotham Central. He wrote a few stories on Detective Comics that were just fantastic and were completely overlooked because of the overhyped "Hush" storyline. Ed Brubaker and Jim Lee would have been a real "All Star" team on Batman.

I did read his first story arc on Captain America and of course I enjoyed it however I'm a DC guy so I had to drop the book to make room for all the Infinite Crisis books.

Might buy his Marvel stuff in trade if I have extra money.

I voted Millar, but I like Bendis when he doesn't have to do continuity (he sucks at continuity, badly). I like Ultimate Spider-Man, Goldfish, Jinx and Powers. I've avoided any of his in-continuity stuff at Marvel though, because I haven't bought any main Marvel universe stuff (except X-statix and Astonishing X-Men) in years. So I haven't really felt the horror of Bendis destroying characters I like.

Millar easily. His run on Ultimates has been so good it's not even funny. I can't imagine how Jeph Loeb writing Ultimates 3 will possibly live up to Millar's work, or why Marvel let him (or made him) leave the book. And Superman: Red Son is one of my favorite Superman stories.

I havn't read much of Brubaker's stuff, but I hear he's pretty good.

I despise Bendis' work these days.

Brubaker is the new Bendis, I swear. They gave him Captain America, they gave him an x-men mini (Deadly Genesis), which Quesada can't stop cumming over, they're giving him Daredevil AND taking Uncanny away from Claremont and giving it to him. He might suffer from over exposure, something I'm starting to think Bendis is becoming more and more guilty of.

Who the hell is Ed Brubaker?

Oh man. Someone get this guy some TPBs of Gotham Central.

Of these three, I'd choose Brubaker. Quality writer who hasn't been responsible for some of Marvel's dumbest shit in recent years (i.e. Bendis).

I like Millar's work on Ultimates and other books, but some of the stuff he's done in the past ("Wanted", for example) has left a bad taste in my mouth.

I vote Bendis at this time. I'm really enjoying New Avengers and of course Ultimate Spider-Man, so those two beat Ultimates 2, even if the latter is one of the best I've read in a while. Haven't read enough Brubaker to make an educated decision, just a little Cap and the first "Deadly Genesis" issue, but if he's been given Uncanny along with DareDevil then I might have to track down more of his stuff.

I vote Bendis at this time. I'm really enjoying New Avengers and of course Ultimate Spider-Man, so those two beat Ultimates 2, even if the latter is one of the best I've read in a while. Haven't read enough Brubaker to make an educated decision, just a little Cap and the first "Deadly Genesis" issue, but if he's been given Uncanny along with DareDevil then I might have to track down more of his stuff.

Get "Sleeper". There's 4 trades that collects the whole story out.