Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vitamin X

BEER POURING ROBOTS

Guest Vitamin X

Link

Asahi’s Beer Pouring Robots

Posted on 01.26.06 @ 1:55 am

By David Ponce

Here’s a match made in heaven: beer and robots. For most of the world, it’s a match we are left to simply dream of (you know, slave bots bringing you a cold one, instead of the usual “Get it yourself!”) If you live in Japan however, you should know that Asahi is running a promotion where they’ll be giving away 5,000 fully stocked refrigerator robots. What do these lovely creatures do?

Well, aside from stocking and cooling up to six cans of beer and two mugs, upon the press of a button, the machine will open up a can, and pour in into the mug with a perfect head every time.

To win one, contestants must collect 36 seals found on specially marked Asahi beers. Of course, you don’t have to drink the beer… but then you’d probably be missing the point.

asahibeer1001974.jpg

I want one. I don't care how much shitty Japanese beer I have to go through. Actually, I don't think I've tried Asahi before. I think I had Sapporo, and Sapporo is a little too dark and thick for my taste.

Guest Fook

I've tried Asahi once. It sucked, but I'll gladly guzzle down 36 of them for a robot bartender.