TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest PejaVu

Andre Was Closer To 4'7" than 7'4"

Guest PejaVu

andrewilt0dq.jpg

That extremelly tall black man who's slept with over 20,000 women? Wilt Chamberlain, who stood 7'1".

So tell me, how could the 7'4" Andre the Giant be signifigantly shorter than the 7'1" Wilt?

Because the WWF lies!

In actuality, Andre was no taller than 6'10". In other words, he wasnt so much a giant as he was an overwight Matt Morgan.

It's been fairly well-known for years now, that Andre was actually about 6'10, and not the 7'5 that the WWF claimed him as. Just like the WWF didn't draw 93,000 to WM3. Embellishment is a pro-wrestling way of life.

Good pic though.

Guest Dumb Monkey

Andre was considerably taller than most wrestlers in his day, so it wasn't that big of a deal. Besides, Andre looked like a fucking tank, so him being billed as 7'0"+ was believable.

The pro wrestling measuring stick doesn't start at 0", it starts at 1.5". Occasionally 2". And sometimes Vince doesn't use the stick, but rather the pro wrestling measuring tape, which has been known to fold up in the middle a bit and give a reading 2 or 3, sometimes even 4, inches off.

Why post a topic with a name that is clearly a lie?

In fact why post such a pointless topic to being with? I'm pretty sure most people on the board already knew Andre was not a legit 7'4".

In actuality, Andre was no taller than 6'10". In other words, he wasnt so much a giant as he was an overwight Matt Morgan.
No, no, no, no

Andre was 7'4'' in wrestling terms

Morgan is 6'10'' in wrestling terms

note that "Wrestling terms" means that it's most likely not legit at all just like Shawn Michaels being over 200 pounds is more a matter of "fact" Vs "Fiction" than anything.

They've always added to wrestlers height and weight

Shhhh, all you guys that are bringing reality & facts into this thread are pissing in Peja's sandbox.

You're ruining his 'joke' with your reality.

Guest netslob
Wait, so the Big Show is actually taller than Andre?

or IS he? maybe he's really only 6' 9".

This is nothing new, but for some of you, a history lesson:

"He was billed at a height of 7'4" (2.24m) and sometimes 7'5" (2.26m) with a weight which ranged from 380 to 525 pounds. His correct height is contested but the last time he was legitimately measured at the age of 24, he was 6 feet and 9 3/4 inches tall (2.08m) 1. The great exaggeration of his height probably comes from the fact that Kareem Abdul-Jabbar was the tallest athlete in the world at the time at 7 feet and 2 inches (2.19m) and promoters wanted to bill Roussimoff as the biggest athlete in the world. Nevertheless, the sight of him alone was enough to draw huge crowds in a day when there were only a handful of people over 6'6"

WWE lies all the time. If they dont lie about people being bigger than they are they lie about them being smaller or that they have a brother they tag with etc.

A fun thing is in WCW in 1994 when they billed some team, cant remember who, as brothers (when they werent) while Harlem Head, who are brothers, wasnt pushed as brothers.

Guest PejaVu

Actually. from looking at the two, i think Big Show looks slightly taller than Andre. He's a hell of a lot more mobile, and you can actually understand what he's saying.

Big Show > Andre

A fun thing is in WCW in 1994 when they billed some team, cant remember who, as brothers (when they werent) while Harlem Head, who are brothers, wasnt pushed as brothers.

Harlem heat were pushed as brothers.

Harlem heat were pushed as brothers.

Ok, I watched in Sweden and I guess they pushed it differently. I never had english announcers on my WCW shows from 1994/95.

Big Show > Andre

I hope you're kidding. AlfDogg's avatar says it all.

IMDB says he "Lost a few inches of height because of a back surgery in the mid-1980s, but still stood about 6' 10" even after his posture was effected." So he was around 7'3 or 4 at one point. Even if that isn't correct though, it's not like people are gonna give you an award for figuring this out. He was still closer to 7'4 (as was stated numerous times). Besides, Andre is loved by all. BY ALL.