TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest scratch

Simon Inoki at WWE Headquarters..

They shouldnt even try to act this was nothing but talking about the Lesnar deal with Inoki. Two desperate companies like this working together otherwise though is scary to think about.

As for the "doing it to strike out at TNA" thing...now that I think of it, has TNA even relied greatly on New Japan in any way? All I came up with was Lyger's one shot and the JJ/Hogan angle.

The only other thing I can add to that is Tanahashi's appearance, as well. Then again, I really doubt that New Japan would go into a deal with WWE if it stipulated that they couldn't work with other promotions as well.

As for the "doing it to strike out at TNA" thing...now that I think of it, has TNA even relied greatly on New Japan in any way? All I came up with was Lyger's one shot and the JJ/Hogan angle.

TNA apparently wants to do another X-cup in the future, and had hoped to have Lyger and a few other NJ workers (Tiger Mask being one of them, I think) be the Japanese team. Other than that, TNA isn't really relying on much for anything. But still, obviously they'd rather have at least some sort of connections into Japan. Although at this point, they'd may be better off forming a working relationship with someone like Dragon's Gate if they just want juniors.