TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JST

Who's more fabulous than Kanyon?

Can't find the actual source for this, so here it is from Keith's blog.

At this time Chris Kanyon requested a few minutes to speakto the crowd. In an emotional delivery, Chris Kanyon said that hebelieves that the reason he was fired from WWE was not because ofcutbacks, not because they didn't have a storyline for him, or anyother reason you might have heard. Following some very nasty words forWWE and Vince McMahon, Kanyon revealed to the crowd that he believesthat he was fired because the higher ups in WWE found out that he isGAY. Kanyon then said he was tired of living in the closet andannounced to the awestruck crowd that he was in fact a homosexual. Hesaid he couldn't live another day living the lie. He then pronouncedhimself as the first openly gay professional wrestler in the industry.He then went on to say that he chose to be the real Chris Kanyon, andthe fans had to chose whether they wanted to boo him or cheer him.Either way it was their choice and life is about choices. He wasfinally happy that he made his. Tonight would be the first time thatChris Kanyon wrestled with the weight off his shoulders.

Link.

Y'know, I can't say I'm surprised.

EDIT: Bah, wrong forum. Can this be moved to General?

That's either one hell of a way to get heat by forcing the crowd to either like him or hate him. Or...good for him....I better make sure to one day get the weight off my shoulders and let the crowd know I'm straight if I'm ever a former big time wrestler like Kanyon.

Good for him if this isnt an angle. Its stupid to live a lie if it tears you up inside. He probably did the right thing. All the power to him and I hope this might help him feel better or something.

Ya, its true. He made an announcement on his Myspace account and has a message up on his web site. I am happy for the guy; its amazing that he's gotten so much success in the biz while having that secret follow him.

Oh, it's true because it's on his website and on his myspace? You act like a wrestler has never tried something similar to a) get publicity or b) work the fans.

He pretty much states that it could be a work in the first paragraph of his commentary:

Now, the question is this: Am I, Chris Klucsarits, the person behind the pro wrestling character known as Kanyon, the person who wrestles as Kanyon, am I also homosexual? Is the Kanyon character partially autobiographical, a complete mirror image of Chris Klucsarits, or a total work of fiction? Well, that's for you to think about, wonder, guess, ignore or whatever. I am throwing it out there. It is up to you to see how you react. What your knee-jerk reaction is. What your beliefs are. And, to figure out why you feel and think and react to this news as you have and will do. Pro Wrestling, in my opinion, has become too easy. It has become mindless. I offer you the opportunity to think past good guy, bad guy, heel, face, sport, real, fake and storyline. I offer you a character that makes you think not about the creative team, or the commissioner, or the owner, promoter, booker or even the wrestler. I offer you a character that forces you to look internally, at yourself, at your thoughts, beliefs and feelings. A character that can help you define yourself and how you think and what you believe. I offer you this: The first ever self proclaimed and titled GSBLT (Gay Straight Bisexual Lesbian Transgender) Champion of the World. Is this a joke? A scam? Reality? You decide.

That's deeper than a lot of wrestling angles tend to go.

So, of course, McMahon will hire him back and force him to prance down to ringside in a tutu.

Not that I'm a McMahon backer or anything.. but it's funny how some of these guys will complain about what they were forced to do.. yet they had no problem collecting the paycheque. :P

If it's a work then all his talk of "I was fired for being gay" is just pathetic

would it actually be considered slander?