TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Prophet of Mike Zagurski

I am sick of blading...

One of the funniest that sticks in my memory was MacMahon/Taker SSeries '03. Only 3 or 4 right hands from Taker and Vince was bleeding like a water fountain.

Yeah, he had Vince blleding like he had been shot, and it only took ONE punch...watched the match a few days ago so it's still fresh in my mind

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
I know Jericho's bladed before. I have a visual in my mind of him bleeding, but I'm not 100% sure where it's from. I'm thinking maybe the HIAC against HHH in 2002. Maybe the NWO match against Austin in 2002 also. He certainly doesn't blade much though.

And you might be right on Benoit. I can't think of a single match where he bladed.

Benoit bladed in the Elimination Chamber

In the WWE, blading is nothing special anymore. It happens very frquently. But of course, TNA does it as well.

I have just been used to indy wrestling, in which blading is a very RARE site. Everytime I have seen it, it was an ALL OUT BEATING. I have seen New Jack at JAPW destroy this one wrestler, and he bladed, but see, that situation called for it. I have seen people take chair shots in many indy promotions, but no blading.

Abyss bladed his arms in the barbed wire match against Sabu earlier this year. It was blatant that it was a blade job for the sole purpose that every cut managed to happen AROUND his tattoos in order not to fuck up his artwork.

You can't blame a guy for that, though, tattoos, as I understand it, hurt like crazy to get, so if I put myself through that, I wouldn't want to get it messed up if I can do something to work around it

In the WWE, blading is nothing special anymore. It happens very frquently. But of course, TNA does it as well.

I have just been used to indy wrestling, in which blading is a very RARE site. Everytime I have seen it, it was an ALL OUT BEATING. I have seen New Jack at JAPW destroy this one wrestler, and he bladed, but see, that situation called for it. I have seen people take chair shots in many indy promotions, but no blading.

Last night D-Von bladed for seemingly no reason. His blood made no difference on the match quality. I have seen a few really good blade jobs on the indy scene but you are right that aside from the garbage promotions, blood is less commonplace. Usually because some indy promotions try to cater to actual family crowds for the most part, whereas blood would be frowned upon.

It all depends on how vicious the shot is that causes the blood. If the guy just winds up and whacks the living shit out of the other guy than I have no problem. I also have no problem with a spot into the ring post, either via slingshot or ramming the ehad into it.

While on the subject of blading, who do you guys think are some of the better ones today. I was imprssed with how much blood Cena lost on a Raw in the lead up to NYR.

JBL vs. Cena at Judgment Day 2005, I think the blood made that match much more dramatic. The match was already really good but the blood made you cheer for Cena even more because it looked like he was going to pass out.