TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest FromBeyondTheGrave

OAO No Way Out Thread, Feb/19th/2006

Noble's undefeated except for the multi-man match at the Rumble, and I think WWE, for some reason, wants to keep him on his winning ways and not add too many multi-man losses to his record. Perhaps there are plans for Noble to get a title run.

I don't get why you people would expect this to get 15-20 minutes.

None of the cruiserweights, if any, are particularly over with the crowd. They pop for the occassional Dropsault or Super Crazy Moonsault but have no emotional connection to ***ANY*** of the cruisers in this match.

Six Matches are booked for this show, CW have gotten 15 minutes before (usually only for Mysterio, however). Cruisers are hard to get over when you treat them like shit.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees

Well, this is certainly frantic. But not in the good sense. So many different things are happening and I don't care about any of it.

helms is taking finisher after finisher

The brand extension is the reason the cruisers are even further in the toilet than they were in say, 2001.

Not only are they delegated to their own division which regularly gets one time slot each week, but they are delegated to the B-Show of WWE.

It's hard to develop care for a character's success when the ultimate prize (the title) is worthless. That's why people loved Rey so much. They saw the WCW Cruiser title as the top prize, and wanted him to have it because they liked his character and his skills.

WWE has no likeable, pushed cruiserweights. They had a chance to push Ultimo, but he can't speak or relate to the crowd, plus he's significantly slower than he once was.

Until the next, great, English-speaking babyface cruiser comes around that WWE wants to seriously push, expect meaningless filler matches like this one.

helms wins, by pinning psicosis after kid kash hit psi with a dead level brainbuster

Teddy long is gonna get sucked off by both of them?

HAWT

I still think they will do the obvious Eddie Guerrero Memorial match with Benoit and Rey, I just don't think it needs the US Title for it.

I think if it were to happen they would use the US title seeing as how that Eddie was the first champ of the WWE verison. Rey will say something like he wants to win the belt because Eddie's soul is in it or something.

The brand extension is the reason the cruisers are even further in the toilet than they were in say, 2001.

Not only are they delegated to their own division which regularly gets one time slot each week, but they are delegated to the B-Show of WWE.

It's hard to develop care for a character's success when the ultimate prize (the title) is worthless. That's why people loved Rey so much. They saw the WCW Cruiser title as the top prize, and wanted him to have it because they liked his character and his skills.

WWE has no likeable, pushed cruiserweights. They had a chance to push Ultimo, but he can't speak or relate to the crowd, plus he's significantly slower than he once was.

Until the next, great, English-speaking babyface cruiser comes around that WWE wants to seriously push, expect meaningless filler matches like this one.

They have Jamie Gibson, right there. how is he NOT the ideal person to push? He is Benoit Jr, should have a connection with WWE's fanbase and he works their style.

Finley now has that crystal bitch over his shoulder and he's headed to the ring

I predict a live rape on ppv

Can I ask a question:

Do you think it's time WWE cleans house and brings in some new cruiserweight talent?

Funaki, IMO, is a joke and hardly a great entertaining wrestler.

Nunzio, IMO, is a joke, and while a solid mat worker, not explosive enough or able to connect with a crowd.

Scotty 2 Hotty needs to be released ASAP, as he has neither the look, entertainment value, or in-ring skills needed.

London's very good.

Kendrick's kinda goofy, but works hard.

Helms is getting there. Needs acting classes and a better finisher.

Kid Kash has good and bad efforts.

Super Crazy and Psicosis just seem washed up to me. I've yet to see an entertaining, maskless Psi match. And Crazy just seems bulkier and yesterday's news.

Keep London, Spanky, and Helms and start indy-purging?

Lashley makes the save....and here comes JBL

Can I ask a question:

Do you think it's time WWE cleans house and brings in some new cruiserweight talent?

Funaki, IMO, is a joke and hardly a great entertaining wrestler.

Nunzio, IMO, is a joke, and while a solid mat worker, not explosive enough or able to connect with a crowd.

Scotty 2 Hotty needs to be released ASAP, as he has neither the look, entertainment value, or in-ring skills needed.

London's very good.

Kendrick's kinda goofy, but works hard.

Kid Kash has good and bad efforts.

Super Crazy and Psicosis just seem washed up to me. I've yet to see an entertaining, maskless Psi match. And Crazy just seems bulkier and yesterday's news.

Keep London, Spanky, and Helms and start indy-purging?

Wait, why did you just skip over Jamie Gibson? Indy-purging? Jack Evans would be logical grab for WWE as TNA hasn't done it yet.

now we got...JBL vs Lashley

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
Helms has managed to create one of the most generic personas I have ever seen.

Jamie Noble is too bland for the average WWE fan. He's not as good as Malenko. I bring up Malenko because he also had the "bland" look, but great ring skills in WCW. When they attempted to build storylines around Malenko, they needed either A) a great heel to play off (Jericho, Eddie) or B) other heels capable of delivering great in-ring matches when the promos aren't there. And WWE has neither A or B. And since it wouldn't work with Malenko, it wouldn't work with Noble.

Plus Noble lacks babyface charisma. And he's NOT Benoit, Jr. Do not kid yourself. He's Nunzio with a better look and more submissions.

Jamie Noble is too bland for the average WWE fan. He's not as good as Malenko. I bring up Malenko because he also had the "bland" look, but great ring skills in WCW. When they attempted to build storylines around Malenko, they needed either A) a great heel to play off (Jericho, Eddie) or B) other heels capable of delivering great in-ring matches when the promos aren't there. And WWE has neither A or B. And since it wouldn't work with Malenko, it wouldn't work with Noble.

Plus Noble lacks babyface charisma. And he's NOT Benoit, Jr. Do not kid yourself. He's Nunzio with a better look and more submissions.

Man, go fucking watch Gibson/Aries, Gibson/Strong and Gibson/Black Tiger. That is fucking Chris Benoit Jr.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees

You know, JBL needs to win this match. The fans just don't care about Lashley yet, and if they get a feeling that he's being shoved down their throats, it will be worse for six months or so down the line when he's really ready.

Don't get me wrong, I like Gibson and am happy they protected him by not putting him in (or forgetting, lol) this match. But building him up as a loveable Benoit, Jr? C'mon. He lacks the look and the charisma. And what Benoit lacked in charisma he delivered with in-ring to win over the fans.

Lashley with a stalling vertical suplex on JBL...he had trouble with it...but it didn't look like total shit

I'd rather continue our argument about Gibson in **WWE**. Not Ring of Honor where the trained seals are of course going to appreciate him. Not every WWE crowd is full of RoHBots, and thus, my point is proven, that the company could not build around him.