TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dangerous A

Adam Morrison vs JJ Redick

NBAdraft.net compares JJ Redick to Drazen Petrovic.

Now that is a name I have not thought of in years.

Also I was glad to see that people even remembered Hornacek. Those Suns teams were fun. Chambers, KJ, Hornacek, Majarle. They were great to watch.

I dunno about who will win POTY, but the second question is easy... after all, how many notably good NBA players have come out of Duke?

'Nuff said.

Sadly, if Morrison pans out, he and Stockton will equal Duke's crop. I really think JJ will be a bust if he's picked anywhere in the lottery.

However, the only Duke product with an NBA championship ring is Danny Ferry, with the 2003 Spurs.

I am not afraid to admit that I did not know that. I figured Lattener picked one up with the many teams that he played for.

Grant Hill, to name one. Elton Brand, as well.

I'll grant Brand, for now, as his career is still young. I had pondered Hill's name as I posted, but sadly when I think of him I tend to forget about his good years in Detroit and remember his faltering broken down years in Orlando

Duke is certainly a great college basketball school, though I can't stand them, but as an NBA factory all they seem to be good for is producing a lot of big softies.

Grant Hill, to name one. Elton Brand, as well.

I'll grant Brand, for now, as his career is still young. I had pondered Hill's name as I posted, but sadly when I think of him I tend to forget about his good years in Detroit and remember his faltering broken down years in Orlando

Duke is certainly a great college basketball school, though I can't stand them, but as an NBA factory all they seem to be good for is producing a lot of big softies.

Trajen Langdon is a name that springs to mind.

However, Corey Maggette is a play having an ok career. Not a superstar but he is not a bench warmer either.

Maggette & Boozer (and Luol Deng, a little farther down the road) should appear in many All-Star games in the future, but then there's health concerns with both of them as well.

And being an IU fan, I'm admittedly not one to talk about lack of transition from a college to the pro level.

Battier is starting to become Nate McMillan-like in Memphis to where he doesn't put up superstar stats, but you can tell Memphis is a better team when he's on the floor.

We'll never know how Jay Williams might've panned out. I don't think he'll be back.

We had Landon Turner at IU, he was on the '81 national champs and was named to the all-tournament team. A few months later, he was in a car accident and paralyzed from the chest down. The Celtics picked him with the last pick of the '82 draft as a nice gesture.