TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vanhalen

The Youtube Thread

Guest AdamF
Tell me the story behind this, now.

Dennis Stamp being the ref in the Bret-Funk main event was announced in the Observer when the card was first announced. All that stuff in Beyond the Mat was set up.

The reason he was the ref is that he had Bret's first official match while Bret was spending a summer with the Funks. Someone failed to show up for an event, and he was put in the ring against Stamp.

Guest BrokenWings

When I left the arena, I was troubled by the fact that one wrestler had not come in and checked on me. This would bother me for a long time, and in truth it is something that I have still not forgotten, nor entirely forgiven. Of all the visitors who came into that room, The Rock was not among them.

Foley had earlier mentioned that everyone from Billy Gunn to Darren Drozdov had checked on him.

See I read that too, I had already seen "Wrestling with SHadows" and I was almost convinced that there was footage of the Rock and Foley (and Foley's family) talking after the match - anyone seen it recently who can confirm it 100%?

I believe that was after Foley got all stitched up and was getting ready to leave the arena with kids that he ran into Rock. I don't believe Rock ever came to check on him.

Man, Stand Back is always being talked about. I wish we could find more of the NWO stuff, as some of them were great.

Guest 5.0Fanatic

Does anyone out there have the clip of ECW forming back when the invasion first started? I've been looking for days

That's freakin hilarious.

"See all these fans dressed as chairs? They promoted the fuck out of this show. Everyone came dressed as chairs. This lady right here was hugging me and gave me a kiss. That's her son, that's her husband, that's her baby's daddy. Look now they're doing the wave."

The commentary on the Mexican Hardcore Match was absolutely terrible.

Yeah, I forgot to mention to just forget about the commentary. To this day that remains one of the worst called matches that I've ever heard.

When I left the arena, I was troubled by the fact that one wrestler had not come in and checked on me. This would bother me for a long time, and in truth it is something that I have still not forgotten, nor entirely forgiven. Of all the visitors who came into that room, The Rock was not among them.

Foley had earlier mentioned that everyone from Billy Gunn to Darren Drozdov had checked on him.

See I read that too, I had already seen "Wrestling with SHadows" and I was almost convinced that there was footage of the Rock and Foley (and Foley's family) talking after the match - anyone seen it recently who can confirm it 100%?

Beyond the Mat. And yes, there was footage of The Rock and Foley talking after the match. Apparently, The Rock didn't come to the room where doctors were taking care of Foley. But yes, they did talk afterwards when they ran into each other in that corridor or whatever...