TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KGB

NHL Thread

Sens pulled out a BIG win against Buffalo, despite what was (from what I could tell on the radio broadcast) pretty horrid officiating. Now three points up on the Sabres, and tied with the Canes with a game in hand.

I have tickets to the April 8 game against Buffalo (in the expensive seats, for my wife's birthday). Should be fantastic, if tonight was any indication.

Sean Avery is the best energy player in the league. I hated him, but I love the guy now. When he cuts out the bullshit, he's a great player. He just needs to learn when to piss people off, and he's done that lately.

Oh, and Buffalo didn't look good against Ottawa. They just hung around.

I look at it the other way.

Officiating notwithstanding (and it was HORRIFIC) Ottawa was outshooting Buffalo 40 TO 14 when the Sabres pulled within one. And the Sabres missed two open nets (Kahlinen and Roy hitting a post).

Ottawa outplayed Buffalo harder than any team has outplayed Buffalo all year...and they scored an emptynetter to survive in the end.

Bully for you. See you on Friday.

Guest Princess Leena
Habs lose. Convincingly.

Devils win. Thrashers win. To a lesser extent, Bruins win.

For the first time in seven weeks, I'm a little worried.

Such deep analysis.

I'm sure glad I can read your posts, stupid cocksucker.

Anyone watching the Leafs @ Penguins game. Lights have gone out TWICE in the last 7 minutes. Fire department has apparently showed up now. Fans were chanting "NEW ARENA" the first time.

Just turned over there. That's funny. No break between the 2nd and 3rd periods due to the delay. That's going to be one long period, especially if there's OT.

Senators dominated the Devils 4-0 in another non-televised game. Two in a row now, that pisses me off.

Just turned over there. That's funny. No break between the 2nd and 3rd periods due to the delay. That's going to be one long period, especially if there's OT.

Also means 4th line guys get more minutes, which leads to more potential fighting. I'm going to go watch it now.

http://tsn.ca/chl/news_story.asp?id=159313

There's your link to Alexander Radulov's 11 point game.

I'd like to point out that my cousin Nick was one of the few Oceanic players not to register a minus on the night.

Calgary won in Minnesota to salvage something from this rotten weekend. I have no comment on the Nashville debacle.

Steve Yzerman still has it. If any of you get or had the chance to see his from the knees-behind the back pass to Jason Williams, I'm sure you'll agree with me. As much as I hate the Wings, I wish he could stay healthy.

Habs lose. Convincingly.

Devils win. Thrashers win. To a lesser extent, Bruins win.

For the first time in seven weeks, I'm a little worried.

Such deep analysis.

I'm sure glad I can read your posts, stupid cocksucker.

Sorry. I didn't pull your name out of a hat, but I'm sorry. If this is what's gonna happen every time one of us posts in this thread, forgiveness.

So, when I went to the game last week, I bumped into a friend of mine at the game. He goes pretty frequently, since his company has season tickets and no one likes to use them. As much as he hates Jacobs, Sinden, and MOC, free tickets are free tickets. But he pointed out something that's made me laugh:

Ever since the Thornton trade, the B's have stopped showing the league leaders in assists & points on the JumboTron. They'll show goals, since there's no former Bruins in the top 10 ... but they try to hide the fact that a certain ex-captain has been among the league leaders in the other two categories. Way to pull the wool over our eyes, B's!

That led to an awkward moment on the broadcast against the Hurricanes. They showed the league leaders in points and both Arnold and Brick were kind of quiet for a few seconds before Arnold half-chuckled and said something like "Joe Thornton leads the league in points" and then it was quiet for a few more seconds before they got back to the action.

It's funny that you mention that, max ... I was at lunch with a friend of mine who's NOT a hockey fan, and when they showed that stat on the TV he pointed it out, with some surprise. "Thornton leads the league in points?"

Since we were out at a bar, there was no sound on the TV, and I was wicked curious what - if anything - that they said about Thornton's status as the league leader. I'm surprised that the shill (Brickley) didn't find an excuse to rip on Joe.

Im sure this is kilometres different from what I said six weeks ago, but talk me out of Jagr for Pearson, Thornton for Hart.*

Notwithstanding the play of Lundqvist, Jagr is the reason this team is in the playoffs. Thornton has elevated his entire team. Not one living breathing human can tell me they would have forseen Cheechoo fighting for the Richard Trophy this time last year.

* Of course, the second paragraph is, or should be, moot if San Jose doesn't make it.

Thornton should be the Hart winner. San Jose will be 5th by the end of the year, and I was dead wrong about them.

The thing that's so captivating about Thornton this year, is that I've never seen one guy make such a difference in how good a team is. He alone is responsible for their resurgence.

The thing that's so captivating about Thornton this year, is that I've never seen one guy make such a difference in how good a team is. He alone is responsible for their resurgence.

I wholeheartedly agree, but I really think a team needs to make the playoffs for a player to be eligible for the Hart.

Of course, there's what, 6 points seperating fifth and tenth? Looks pretty good, especially with Vancouver going out of their way not to win games.

I've got the Ducks and Vancouver missing the playoffs out of that bunch of teams. Or Vancouver and Edmonton. Roloson is garbage.

The Ducks have points in five of six, now, but I too, just don't see them making it. For all the talk of all the Canadian teams making it, wouldnt it be wierd to see Vancouver and Edmonton as the ones that don't instead of Toronto? The situation will only get worse for one of the two, with 3 back to backs this week.

*May have spoke too soon. 5-0 Atlanta, 4-1 Habs so far.

Buffalo is playing like absolute shit out there.

Keep playing like this, and they can fall right out of home-ice advantage.

Deadmarsh night in LA tonight. I'm really looking forward to this game and the possible Avery-Laperriere fight. They've been talking trash all year, and the only thing stopping it last game was the refs.