TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KGB

NHL Thread

I don't know, I'd give Lundqvist the Vezina and Jagr the Hart, even though it feels weird giving the top awards to the Rangers.

Lundqvist hasen't carried his team like the Kipper.

If Kipper doesn't get it this year(Like he should of in 04), then it's truely a robbery. Espically with the way the Flames offense has played compared to the Rangers.

I don't care how amazing Jagr has been the Rangers are a suck ass team if Kevin Weekes is the starting goalie. Lundvist is the reason and the difference why a team with no name and rookie defenders are where they are, and why they are 3rd in the league in goals allowed and goals against per game.

I don't care how amazing Jagr has been the Rangers are a suck ass team if Kevin Weekes is the starting goalie. Lundvist is the reason and the difference why a team with no name and rookie defenders are where they are, and why they are 3rd in the league in goals allowed and goals against per game.

I wouldn't say they would be a suck ass team, but they wouldn;t be as succesful, but they would be around 7 or 8th seed IMO.

if these goalies: Legace, Hasek, Fernandez were healthy, goalies like Lunqvist, and Kipper wont be mentioned.

BEFLOUR FOR VEZINA!!! (So says Toronto Sun, probably.)

if these goalies: Legace, Hasek, Fernandez were healthy, goalies like Lunqvist, and Kipper wont be mentioned.

BEFLOUR FOR VEZINA!!! (So says Toronto Sun, probably.)

Kipper >>>>>>>> Hasek, Legace, and Fernandez. If I was a GM I'd take Kipper anyday over them.

You guys clearly don't understand from my point of view. The offense for Calgary sucks which is why Iggy is having a down year, because he misses the presence and talent of Craig Conroy.

Kipper has been basically carrying the team on his fucking back to a high seed, where as Lunqvist has a great offense to bail him out Kipper doesn't have that benfit. Many of the Flames wins have been very low scoring games, won by Kipper.

If he doesn't get his due, and once again Calgary gets robbed from another robbed(Anyone in their right mind knows we were robbed in Game six of the 04 Cup finals).

Stop overlooking the Kipper, what more does he have to do?

I don't think Kiprosoff played enough last season to win the Vezina. Luongo should have won, anyway, instead of Brodeur, but that doesn't matter. Lundqvist is probably getting it this year.

Also, which award is more pointless; Lady Byng or Selke?

As great as Ovechkin has played, I'd give the Calder to Lundqvist. He's just played awesomely. A rookie goalie who gets Vezina consideration (and he should) definitely deserves the Calder.

Art Ross - Jaromir Jagr, NYR

Maurice Richard Trophy - Jaromir Jagr, NYR

Hart Trophy - Joe Thornton, San Jose(this is still only if they get into the playoffs, Jagr otherwise)

Pearson - Jagr, regardless

Norris Trophy - Wade Redden, OTT

Calder Trophy - Alexander Ovechkin, WAS

Vezina Trophy - Mikka Kiprusoft, CAL

Jack Adams Trophy - Tom Renney, NYR

Funny how the Rangers have TWO candidates for the Hart trophy. Jagr will win it but Lundqvist will get a few votes too (he won't be within top three though).

As for the Byng & Selke trophies, which nobody apparently cares about:

BYNG: Pavel Datsyuk will win the Byng for sure, he currently has 84 points and only 18 PIM and stands out more than anyone else right now as a candidate for the trophy.

SELKE: Who the hell is in the running for this one? I hope they don't give it to someone based on plus/minus.

And the others that are voted on (runner-up in brackets),

Hart: Jaromir Jagr, Rangers (Joe Thornton, Bruins-Sharks)

Norris: Sergei Zubov, Stars (Wade Redden, Senators)

Vezina: Henrik Lundqvist, Rangers (Miikka Kiprusoff, Flames)

Calder: Alexander Ovechkin, Capitals (Sidney Crosby, Penguins)

Adams: Tom Renney, Rangers (Peter Laviolette, Hurricanes)

Anybody watching Rangers/Sens knows what Lundvist means to the Rangers. Can you imagine the score right now with Weekes in net?!?

Whats your point? Kipper has done that and more for the Flames. Atleast Lundvist has a high power offense and mr. Art Ross Trophy winner Jagr.

Nothing, considering stat wise, and if anything else, Legace and Hasek has a better GAA and Save % than Kipper. Kipper didn't win last year because of the amount of games he played. (I think you have to play at least half the season to get nominated).

Fernandez would be awesome to win, and Turco is not getting nominated because of his shitty Save %.

If Heut was like this all season, a) Montreal would be not in the bottom

B) Lock up for the Vezina. A shut out ratio of 1:5 so far this season. Thats pretty damn good this year.

I'd love to see Fisher get the nod for Selke.

Lindstrom is going to win the Norris, but don't be surprised if Vischnovsky or Zubov get the award as well.

Matt Schneider has a +/- of 29 so far this season.

Nothing, considering stat wise, and if anything else, Legace and Hasek has a better GAA and Save % than Kipper. Kipper didn't win last year because of the amount of games he played. (I think you have to play at least half the season to get nominated).

Legace or Hasek hasen't played the same amount of games this year as Kipper, so what's your point? Legace is barely above Kipper in those department also.

Plus both of those goalies benefit from awesome teams also. Look at Ottawa's and Detroit's success without both of their goalies and look at Calgary's without Kipper.

Those of you who don't have Nicklas Lidstrom winning the Norris trophy must be watching a different sport or something. The only question right now is whether or not he takes all the first place votes.

No doubt, Lidstrom is on a tear this season. I think by the time he retires he will be mention along with the elite defensemen like Coffey, Ray Bourque, Orr, and Doug Harvey if he isn't already.

I'm just going to pretend tonights game didn't happen and that either the Isles or Devils can beat Philly so we have a lead going into THE GAME against Philly at MSG next week.

Caps just tied the game againest MTL with 2 seconds left.

It's moot, as the Habs win in overtime for their season-high 5th straight...but I absolutely lost it upon hearing that news.

Yes, I'd hold Lidstrom in that regard upon his career ending. Three Norris', a Smythe, an Olympic gold, three cups...and counting. Quite a resume. Maybe not in the same breath as Orr or Bourque, but let's agree he'll add one or two more of those trophies to his collection when he hangs it up. So, top 10 I'd say.

Emery ties the record? Thats impressive, especially with the co mpany of Parent. My brother and I have been syaing since 2002 that Brodeur would break his regular season win record, but this was a surprise on paper. In practise, makes sense, he has looked pretty good.

Abidint by his long standing records, the legendary bastion of good taste and tact Chris Chelios reports to his media counterpart the Toronto Sun that 14 of the 30 player reps have signed a petition to oust Saskin.

Legace or Hasek hasen't played the same amount of games this year as Kipper, so what's your point? Legace is barely above Kipper in those department also.

Plus both of those goalies benefit from awesome teams also. Look at Ottawa's and Detroit's success without both of their goalies and look at Calgary's without Kipper.

Thats why I said stat wise, not games played, and you can have an excellent team and still win a trophy, that doesn't mean anything. So what if your team scores on average 2.5 goals a game or 4 goals a game, its how good the goalie is. I'm not knocking Kipper at all, but you have to face the stats on who is playing better than him.

I didn't realize how bad it was, but Koivu's aforementioned winner ended a 23(!) game scoreless streak.

Edmonton leads 4-0 late. San Jose also leads 2-1, Bernier scores one and helps on the other.

Top 10 draft pick BABY!

EDIT: Who the fuck am I kidding, that fucking sucks. Front office is gonna get cleaned out and a lot of players are headed out, including Frolov, the laziest piece of shit in the league. Ah, a drink sounds good right about now.