CSI: Crime Scene Investigation

CSI: Miami

CSI: NY

NCIS

NUMB3RS

Survivor (13, 14)

Two and a Half Men

Without a Trace

Official CBS press release via The Futon Critic. (Updated for no confirmation yet on The Amazing Race 11.)

Who didnt get picked up then

There's not much left among already existing shows...

48 Hours

Out of Practice

Close to Home

Courting Alex

Still Standing

The King of Queens

Yes, Dear

CBS Sunday Movie

The top four shows in the list are probably on the bubble, the latter ones will probably be cancelled. There's obviously no way to know yet about shows like The Unit (starting tonight) or the upcoming Julia Louis-Dreyfus sitcom.

Yes, Dear wrapped production last month and TheFutonCritic has a story saying the show is officially done.

I wouldn't be surprised if Still Standing got a novelty renew so it could hit 100 episodes.

And just to tick me off of course, CBS changed its press release so that Amazing Race was only picked up for one new edition (#10) with the fate of any eventual #11 yet to be determined.

CSI: Miami

CSI: NY

This shocked me the most.

I KNOW!

6 shows renewed. Bruckheimer must be happy...

And just to tick me off of course, CBS changed its press release so that Amazing Race was only picked up for one new edition (#10) with the fate of any eventual #11 yet to be determined.

Fucking Weavers.

The Unit and New Adventures of Old Christin also haven't been picked up, but that's not surprising since one just debuted and the other has yet to.

The Unit and New Adventures of Old Christin also haven't been picked up, but that's not surprising since one just debuted and the other has yet to.

CBS (households: 9.5/15, #2; adults 18-49: 4.2, #2) however got some good news in the former of "The Unit" (households: 11.5/18, #3; adults 18-49: 5.1, #3), which built off its "NCIS" (households: 11.0/17, #4; adults 18-49: 3.8, #T4) lead-in by 4.35% in households and a whopping 34.21% in adults 18-49. Even better, "The Unit" built its audience between half-hours by 2.66% in households (11.3/17 vs. 11.6/18) and 10.42% in adults 18-49 (4.8 vs. 5.3). Closing out the night then was "The Amazing Race 9" (households: 6.1/10, #7; adults 18-49: 3.8, #T4).

Closing out the night then was "The Amazing Race 9" (households: 6.1/10, #7; adults 18-49: 3.8, #T4).

Yikes, those aren't great numbers. Of course, this is a 9 pm show, not a 10 pm show. Moving it to 10 was pretty dumb.

Do we really need a seventh season of CSI?

It IS the highest rated scripted show on TV.

I can see the reason for it being renewed but I just don't want it to go on beyond it's time that's all.

Do we really need a seventh season of CSI?

It IS the highest rated scripted show on TV.

I can see the reason for it being renewed but I just don't want it to go on beyond it's time that's all.

The thing is, I don't see how it can go on beyond it's time. CSI safely sits in that Law and Order spot where you never really run out of crimes to use. It's not like a sitcom where after awhile it just runs out of jokes. CSI can keep going as long as a) the cast holds together or makes changes for the better and b) the writers don't go completely nuts.

The Unit was pretty damn awesome. Hopefully the ratings hold steady and the show survives.