TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

Sons and Daughters

Anybody watch?

For my money, one of the funniest TV premieres I have seen in a long, long time. It would have been 10x funnier if the commercials didn't give away most of the best jokes. But the jokes were so good they were still funny.

I also liked the story arc that spanned the two episodes. I like all the characters and with such a big cast - that's pretty rare.

Thumbs up from me. Definitely passed the test and hit the season pass on DVR.

13 year old girl: Mom, can I get a bikini wax?

Mom: A bikini wax? You're 13 years old! Let's face it, at this point it would just be a waste of money.

GOLD.

I watched the first twenty minutes at the gym and I was tempted every second to change my view to Scrubs.

I'll watch both episodes in full and watch next week's, but the 20 min I saw was awful and unfunny. The only good jokes came from the 13 year old girl, but let's face it. Making 'awkward 13 year old girl talks about sex' jokes isn't funny. The people who write for According to Jim can make jokes like that amusing.

As someone else on this board said before, a FOX-esque sitcom just seems horribly out of place on ABC

"Arrested Development" type comedy is exactly what I was thinking as I watched.

And AD really fit well on Fox huh....

I missed it but I'll be checking it out. The dad is one of my favorite commercial actors.