TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SilverPhoenix

College Hoops: NCAA Tournament Rounds 1 and 2

DC is set... UConn vs. Washington and George Mason vs. Wichita State.

Northwestern State can still nip West Virginia, but they've got to come up with a quick run, as they're down by 8 with about 4 minutes left.

Guest Smues

Other then being sad that Uconn is going to win it all I am really enjoying this years tourny.

Guest Princess Leena

WVU has given me a glimmer of hope for some cash this year. Need them to beat Texas. Which won't happen. And BC to make the final 4. Which won't happen.

WVU has given me a glimmer of hope for some cash this year. Need them to beat Texas. Which won't happen. And BC to make the final 4. Which won't happen.

WVU wouldn't play BC until the finals...

I think you mean the winner of LSU-Duke and then the winner of Memphis-Bucknell-Gonzaga-UCLA.

Guest Princess Leena

I just meant those games. I have Duke or UConn as my champ in every bracket, the conservative gambler that I am.

Guest Princess Leena

My stupid picks of Michigan St. and Kansas going far have been vastly helped today by mid-majors. Thank you.

Leena, WVU can so beat Texas in that next round. I saw them play early in the season and WVU had it won until Pittsnoggle decided to choke at the FT line. I vowed if they played again I'd pick WVU.

Man, UK brought it today. Where was that team all year? Is it just me or is UConn really not all that much? I have seen them twice against U of L this year and now against UK and they didn't look like an awesome team in any of those 3 games.

The sad thing is that UConn now has a blatant walk to the FF. Washington is a decent team but hardly FF caliber, so they should get by them easy enough. And Wichita St. or George Mason in the Elite 8? Are you kidding? I kinda want one of them to get to the FF though, it'd be funny if nothing else.

By the way, Bradley baby! I didn't have them beating Pitt, but lord was that ever hilarious.

Georgetown is up 38-25 at the half over Ohio State.

Looks like another upset on the horizon, although this one is still within the major conferences.

Georgetown is up 38-25 at the half over Ohio State.

Looks like another upset on the horizon, although this one is still within the major conferences.

I have Georgetown in the Elite 8.

Arizona is kinda sticking with Nova so far.

Guest Princess Leena
Leena, WVU can so beat Texas in that next round. I saw them play early in the season and WVU had it won until Pittsnoggle decided to choke at the FT line. I vowed if they played again I'd pick WVU.

I know WVU CAN... they can beat just about anyone. But, with how this tourney has gone for me... I expect them to lead by 20, then Pittsnogle goes 0-15 in the 2nd half, or something.

Nice to see that the Big East is 9-4 now after the 0-3 start. The Little 10 having no sweet 16 teams made me smile as did Nantz and Packer eating crow (or at least their version of it) for disrespecting the MVC.

Just got back from the Philadelphia games. Both games were good, although the officiating in the Nova/Zona game was absolutely atrocious. From my seat I caught Billy Packer oogling the Arizona cheerleaders three times during the game as well.

Nova/Georgetown in the Elite Eight would absolutely fucking rock if it happens.

Arizona had the talent to win, but I didn't think either team played well today. I only wanted them to win for my bracket.

Marcus Williams is good. Both of them.

Guest Smues
So the Big Ten is already dead and the Pac 10 may have 3 teams in? Wow......and only one ACC and Big XII team left?

2 ACC teams. Duke and BC.