TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SilverPhoenix

College Hoops: The Regionals

Somebody take Drago, the UW coach and these refs down out back and give them the horse treatment. UConn will cakewalk to the title now.

I guess that is what happens when your last name is Applebee.

Appleby didn't throw the bad pass though. I can understand him pulling it out, and going fo rthe last shot. That's NOT a bonehead play. The guy who threw that pass made a bad play.

...I want to see George Mason beat Uconn and make it to the final four.

That would be the moment of the year.

UConn got to take forty-seven free throws tonight. That shit is nuts.

+ bad non-call on the goaltending = some shiatty refereeing.

UConn will cakewalk to the title now.

I don't think so. UConn keeps playing to the level of their opposition and it's going to bite them in the ass.

UConn got to take forty-seven free throws tonight. That shit is nuts.

The refs had an obligation to get CBS a marquee team, and they did their jobs. Not to say some of the UW strategy wasn't moronic, but God damn if the refs didn't help put UConn into the Final Four. There's not a chance they lose on Saturday unless GMU shoots about 80%.

Guest NYankees

Washington got hosed by the refs but they only have themselves to blame. That horrible foul towards the end of regulation, Appleby not going to the hole after the steal, the horrible pass with 12 seconds left and they were only down by 2. I guess UConn is going to get the Duke treatment now.

I wrote a column in my paper about how shitty officiating is this year and about how I hoped they wouldn't decide games in the tournament......everyone said I was crazy and that refs didn't help teams win. They were wrong......that's just messed up. I really wanted UConn to lose too. Damn.

But you know UW could've tied it if they hadn't pulled that retarded pass.

I don't think so. UConn keeps playing to the level of their opposition and it's going to bite them in the ass.

I'll laugh if Mason is the one who bites them in the ass.

UCONN, has to play the home-team. I think that crowd plays a factor in that game.

UConn will probably win the game by default when GMU can't field 5 guys since they will get every single call imaginable.

I still can't believe Jensen fouled on that play, Romar didn't call for the fall and UW basically bent over and took one when they had the chance to be heroic. Why do all teams from out West choke under pressure?

Wouldn't surprise me if Mason pulled it off. Also, the Pac 10 has proven that they have the talent to play with anybody. I really, really want UCLA to lose tomorrow, but a part of me wants them to get in the Final Four so that I can see them lose on a bigger stage.

Who the fuck am I kidding? If Mason won, that'd be the biggest upset in the history of the tournament.

UConn will probably win the game by default when GMU can't field 5 guys since they will get every single call imaginable.

I still can't believe Jensen fouled on that play, Romar didn't call for the fall and UW basically bent over and took one when they had the chance to be heroic. Why do all teams from out West choke under pressure?

uua.gif

Hey, we didn't choke. (yet)

That whole goddamn arena is going to be insane for Mason on Sunday.

I'm in a pool with 17 of my friends, and I'm the only person who still has the possibility of a perfect Final Four. I'm so willing to sacrifice it if GMU beats UConn, though.

UCONN, has to play the home-team. I think that crowd plays a factor in that game.

This is true in a way, I bet Uconn never thought they'd have to play an away game as a number 1 seed trying to get to the final four...kinda funny.

uua.gif

Hey, We didn't choke. (yet)

Only because you played another team of choke artists from out West ;)

Stop with the "UCONN was handed the game" stuff. I don't like them but stop. They drove to the basket and Washington wasn't very good at going for the ball. No one made the big goofy guy for Washington commit that stupid foul near the end.

No one made Applebee throw the ball away instead of setting a play or calling a timeout (if they had one, don't remember). The only ones UW can blame are UW. They blew it. They had it in their hands and they dropped it on the floor.

No one in the tournament has been screwed. You either close the deal or you don't close the deal. Washington failed miserably, Gonzaga failed miserably, and Boston College failed miserably. All had it, all three blew it.

Guest Princess Leena

But, with Duke and Gonzaga gone... the kids here need a team to hate.

Surely, it will be UCLA if UConn goes out. I am supposed to hate them.

If UConn wins it all, that's great. They're the most talented team left.

But, with Duke and Gonzaga gone... the kids here need a team to hate.

No one outside of the Connecticut borders could possibly like Jim Calhoun. As a Big East fan I relish everyone of his losses especially since I'm a big fan of the 'Cuse. It's a successful season any time he gets knocked out of the NCAA for me. Sadly, it looks like he's on course to nauseate me once again.

Five guys fouling out and a botched goaltending call had a lot to do with the outcome as did the repeated blunders by UW. UConn didn't win the game as much as they were handed it by the two teams in different colored unis, though I agree that the team wearing purple should have ultimately decided their own fate.

Oh, UConn won, no question about that. I don't begrudge them that. Bored's right, though; when 5 guys on one team foul out, you really need to look at how everything's getting called. Or, if you're Washington, seal up your goddamn inside defense and figure out how to not smack guys. Ultimately, Washington had plenty of opportunities to win and couldn't capitalize on any of them. They stopped playing tight defense in the last 2 minutes of regulation, and gave up one of the best steals of the tournament in the OT.

But, Josh Boone is the ugliest dude this side of Gonzaga and UConn is a bunch of laptop-stealing retards, so I'll be rooting for Mason all the way.

But, Josh Boone is the ugliest dude this side of Gonzaga and UConn is a bunch of laptop-stealing retards, so I'll be rooting for Mason all the way.

Don't you mean this side of Sam Cassel.

That'd be weird if Boone somehow ends up with the Clippers, and they both play at the same time, would it be the ugliest basketball duo to ever play together (Maybe sprewell can come back and join them)