TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JoeDirt

SD non-spoilers

Anyone else shocked by Tatanka? He was given a shot to come back, lost a bunch of weight to work better in the ring and just to look better, and he seems to work pretty hard.

He's not fantastic, never was one of the best, but I can't help but respect the guy. So many people gets second chances like this and they just shit all over it, or don't bother to get back in shape or anything.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
Anyone else shocked by Tatanka? He was given a shot to come back, lost a bunch of weight to work better in the ring and just to look better, and he seems to work pretty hard.

I have to be the only one who thinks Tatanka is just as big as in August.

Then you are crazy. He looks like he lost 30-50 pounds or so.

"...extremely impressive Wrestlemania Card!" - Michael Cole

He must have been filling out a mad lib to come up with that one, because an accurate description of Wrestlemania it ain't.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees

Then he must have been about 330 in August. He's still enormous.

Tatanka was never a really small guy. I remember always being shocked at how broad he was, he had a very thick body. Even back in the day I believe he was around 265-285 or so. So yeah, after losing around 30-50 pounds he'd be right back down around to what he was back in the 90's.

EDIT:

Not that it really matters, but WWE.com has him listed as 258 right now.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
Tatanka was never a really small guy. I remember always being shocked at how broad he was, he had a very thick body. Even back in the day I believe he was around 265-285 or so. So yeah, after losing around 30-50 pounds he'd be right back down around to what he was back in the 90's.

EDIT:

He held it a hell of a lot better than this in the 90s.

EDIT:

He held it a hell of a lot better than this in the 90s.

well he is in his 40s now so,,,but Tatanka has also impressed me. Of course I used to like him back in the day when I was a young mark so that may bear on my mind

anyhow a damn good SD show with an awesome Finlay-Rey match that caught me off guard by getting 15 mins

and a criminally short Regal-Benoit bout that was as stiff as any match you'll see. even the battle royal was entertaining. the angle-henry match was ok, just a setup for the end. good angle development, as Orton has outsmarted both of his wm foes.

and what was up with the new edit sd theme? that sucked!

I seriously dug that Rey/Finlay match tonight, though the booking is truly baffling. Given the shoot style promos that all 3 guys cut on each other last week and then seeing them all job in the past 7 days makes me think one thing. Namely that none of these guys should be main eventing a WM. Is anyone here really on any kind of roll?

Rey: Won the Rumble but has done jack shit besides that. Lost a few times to Mark Henry before the Rumble, lost to Orton at No Way Out, lost to Finlay tonight. Pardon me if I don't think he's exactly credible in the main event.

Orton: Didn't win the Rumble, beat the aforementioned Rey, but before that got stomped by UT in that feud and was Booker's proxy bitch in a US title feud. Not exactly on any sort of a roll.

Angle: Yeah he won the title in a battle royale, but spent the previous 4 months jobbing to John Cena and Shawn Michaels on Raw. Oh, and he jobbed to Mark Henry tonight in a non title match.

and what was up with the new edit sd theme? that sucked!

I noticed that also, but didn't mention it earlier because I thought I was just hearing things or something. Thanks for confirming that it was actually different.

Guest fanofcoils

I thought the new editing of the Smackdown theme had charisma and it was refreshing from the dated theme of old and that old theme was another one of the reasons why Smackdown is inferior to Raw.

Guest fanofcoils
"...extremely impressive Wrestlemania Card!" - Michael Cole

He must have been filling out a mad lib to come up with that one, because an accurate description of Wrestlemania it ain't.

The Wrestlemania "card" looks more like a Summerslam card and even then if it was a Summerslam card it wouldn't be acceptable for Summerslam. WWE should have had at least 1 dream match at this WM (and probably at every WM). If you can't get Austin vs Hogan or Rock vs HBK, then perhaps try to sign Savage, Goldberg, or another legend for a 1 month or 6 month deal to do a dream match or dream matches. I would like to see Savage vs HHH or Goldberg vs Austin for example. And yes, while Goldberg vs Austin is "so 7 years ago", it would still draw money.

I thought the new editing of the Smackdown theme had charisma and it was refreshing from the dated theme of old and that old theme was another one of the reasons why Smackdown is inferior to Raw.

iI don't know if I would call it dated, considering it has only been around since the summer of 04. actually this is the second edit of the theme, the previous version was slightly different than the original (which was featured in full on the themeaddict cd) actually this new one is not an edit, but I think it has been rerecorded or something (I know drowning pool did the old one, Id only assume it was them again)

I liked the old one much better thna the raw theme, which is getting old since it has been used since th ebrand extension started in 2002 (while sd has used 3 different songs beautiful people,the one that was in SD:HCTP, - with 3 edits in the last one)

i

Man, I don't know why that Benoit/Regal match got cut so short. You couldn't have taken time from Randy's pointless and heatless opening promo, or the Mark Henry match? Those face chops were nasty.

I also loved the Finlay/Mysterio match. Good stuff from both guys. I especially liked Finlay kicking Rey under the apron, and Rey busting out the super stiff face kick. And I don't care what anyone says about Orton, that finishing spot was super cool.

The BR was fun, the ME was kinda there, but at least they're acknowledging Kurt and Rey are in the WM match.

Again, solid stuff from SD. Finlay/Rey is my new TV MOTY so far. The rest was just kinda there, but nothing bad. Only questionable thing was Orton's opening promo, but whatever. SD owns Raw in every way. And I'll keep saying that until people catch on. It's a damn shame Raw gets double digit pages every week, and SD gets maybe 4 combined with spoiler/live discussion. You people are missing a lot.