TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
therealworldschampion

Spring college football practices are starting...

They've already declared AD the front runner on ESPN. And whoever ESPN wants to win the Heisman usually wins it.

Young should've had it last season(he proved it in the bowl game) but ESPN touted Bush even more than they did today at the draft.

When is Jason White giving back his Heisman?

When it's proven he did something illegal and his records need to be erased for it.

I'll give the punchline to this one...

White didn't do anything illegal but WISHES he could erase the Big 12 title game and Sugar Bowl from his record.

Pretty soon he could go down as the "official" winner of said Sugar Bowl. ;)

How? OU played LSU in that game. Neither team did anything wrong.

I'm pretty sure any team or player that would win something from Bush being declared ineligible will probably refuse it.

They've already declared AD the front runner on ESPN. And whoever ESPN wants to win the Heisman usually wins it.

Young should've had it last season(he proved it in the bowl game) but ESPN touted Bush even more than they did today at the draft.

When is Jason White giving back his Heisman?

When it's proven he did something illegal and his records need to be erased for it.

I'll give the punchline to this one...

White didn't do anything illegal but WISHES he could erase the Big 12 title game and Sugar Bowl from his record.

Pretty soon he could go down as the "official" winner of said Sugar Bowl. ;)

How? OU played LSU in that game. Neither team did anything wrong.

I'm pretty sure any team or player that would win something from Bush being declared ineligible will probably refuse it.

Got my games screwed up, I meant the OU-USC title game. And yeah, I doubt they'd want to claim that "title" even if the NCAA disqualified USC.

So Leinart and Jarrett were set up in a nice place thanks to Leinart's dad paying for it. Oh no, that kind of shit NEVER happens in college...

Geez, why can't they focus on the truly improper actions?

Since VX was freaking out about it I'll post it here:

See if anyone else agrees with this.

This guy on the radio today said that the lack of Big 12 players being drafted proved the conference was down this year.

Then the other radio host pointed out that OU and Texas had a decent amount of players drafted.

The original guy then proceeded to point out that OU and Texas don't count when talking about how good the Big 12 is, like Miami when they were in the Big East. He said something like "Well those teams will always be good so you have to look at the rest of the conference. They don't count."

So basically for the conference to not be considered good the other teams have to be able to take OU and Texas!?

In a nutshell, yes you have to have other good teams. You are talking about the strength of a CONFERENCE, not one or two individual teams. I think you need a handful of teams that can be anybody on a good day to have a strong conference.

Yeah but OU and Texas are teams that compete for the national title nearly every year. Just like USC in the Pac 10.

You'll always have that powerhouse that's a cut above the rest of the conference. Unless it's the SEC.

The problem with the Big 12 is the same two teams are always the power teams.

It's dependant on what you're looking for...

I think it's safe to say that the Big 12 has talent at the top with Texas and Oklahoma, but it's not particularly deep because the next tier of teams, like Texas A&M, Nebraska, and Texas Tech are so far behind.

That still puts them ahead of the Big East and probably even with the PAC 10, but certainly behind the Big Ten, SEC, and ACC.

The Big Ten, SEC, and ACC are three leagues in which most teams have a good shot at winning because (almost) everyone is so good.

The Big Ten has Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Iowa at the top constantly, although others like Northwestern and Illinois have won it in the past 10 years.

The ACC, while traditionally Florida State and the 8 Dwarves, has been very competitive over the last few years with Clemson and Virginia Tech winning titles and many other schools being in the chase.

The SEC has seen 5 of 6 teams win the SEC West in the 16 years of divisional history (only Ole Miss has yet to do so) and 3 teams of 6 win the SEC East (Vanderbilt, Kentucky, and South Carolina are the odd men out).

The actual SEC title has been won by many teams over the last few years, with Georgia, Auburn, and LSU winning the past four between them and Tennessee, Florida, and Alabama winning further in the past.

The weakest BCS league is unquestionably the Big East since they lost most of their big football schools, with only Louisville, Pitt, and Syracuse left. Other teams like Rutgers, UConn and South Florida are trying to take up the slack but aren't taken seriously by most.

AUSTIN -- Texas running back Ramonce Taylor, who scored a touchdown in the Longhorns' Rose Bowl win over Southern California, was arrested early Sunday by Bell County sheriff's deputies who said they found about five pounds of marijuana in a backpack in his car.

Link

Some of these kids that play college football are so fucking stupid. Wasting that opportunity over some weed.

ABC is going to do Saturday night games for the entire season this year. Here's the schedule:

• Sept. 2, 8 p.m. ET: Notre Dame at Georgia Tech

• Sept. 9, 8 p.m. ET: Ohio State at Texas

• Sept. 16, 8 p.m. ET: Nebraska at USC

• Sept. 23, 8 p.m. ET: Notre Dame at Michigan State; USC at Arizona

• Sept. 30, 8 p.m. ET: Ohio State at Iowa or Michigan at Minnesota*

• Oct. 7, 8 p.m. ET: Oregon at California; ACC, Big 12 or BIG EAST (12-day selection)

• Oct. 14, 8 p.m. ET: Michigan at Penn State; Arizona State at USC

• Nov. 4, 8 p.m. ET: UCLA at California; ACC, Big 12 or BIG EAST (12-day selection)

• Nov. 11, 8 p.m. ET: ACC, Big 12 or BIG EAST (12-day selection)

• Nov. 18, 8 p.m. ET: California at USC; ACC, Big 12 or BIG EAST (12-day selection)

• Nov. 25, 8 p.m. ET: Notre Dame at USC

• Dec. 2, 8 p.m. ET: Dr Pepper Big 12 Championship Game

* One game will be on ABC and the other in primetime on ESPN or ESPN2.

The horrible thing is that the announcing team will be the unholy pairing of Brent Musburger and Bob Davie.

I heard Doug Flutie was doing College Football on ESPN/ABC next year.

Musburger and Davie is a horrible pairing. I could live with Musburger, if they paired him with Dan Fouts.

The ESPN team of Mike Patrick and Todd Blackledge might be worse.

***shameless plug****

Bored's College Pick 'Em III: The Search for Money...COMING SOON!!!

Who knows if he'll be any good but hopefully Flutie will be replacing Aaron Taylor in the studio. Edit: Hey I looked it up and indeed Taylor is gone, yay.

Here's other scheduled ESPN and ABC games so far. In October ESPN is going to have three Sunday Night games. Boston College/Miami will be the Thanksgiving game this year. I think I may have to breakdown and pay the extra money to get ESPNU and CSTV this year. I need more MAC and Conference USA games!

August 31

Boston College at Central Michigan, ESPN2

Northwestern at Miami of Ohio, ESPNU

South Carolina at Mississippi State, ESPN

September 1

Nevada at Fresno State, ESPN2

September 2

Stanford at Oregon, ABC

September 4

Florida State at Miami, ESPN

September 7

Oregon State at Boise State, ESPN

September 8

Pittsburgh at Cincinnati, ESPN2

September 9

Oregon at Fresno State, ESPN2

Georgia at South Carolina, ESPN

Stanford at San Jose State, ESPNU

September 14

Maryland at West Virginia, ESPN

September 15

Kansas at Toledo, ESPN2

September 16

Oklahoma at Oregon, ABC

Texas at Rice, ESPN2

Texas A&M vs. Army, ESPN2

September 21

Virginia at Georgia Tech, ESPN

September 22

Northwestern at Nevada, ESPN2

September 23

West Virginia at East Carolina, ESPN2

September 26

Southern Miss at Central Florida, ESPN2

September 28

Auburn at South Carolina, ESPN

September 29

Rutgers at South Florida, ESPN2

September 30

Tennessee at Memphis, ESPN2

October 3

Southern Miss at Tulsa, ESPN2

October 4

Central Florida at Marshall, ESPN2

October 5

Florida State at N.C. State, ESPN

October 6

Louisville at Middle Tennessee State, ESPN2

October 7

Michigan State at Michigan, ABC

October 12

Virginia Tech at Boston College, ESPN

October 13

Pittsburgh at Central Florida, ESPN

October 15

Boise State at New Mexico State, ESPN

October 18

UL Lafayette at Florida Atlantic, ESPN2

October 19

North Carolina at Virginia, ESPN

Bowling Green at Central Michigan, ESPNU

October 20

West Virginia at Connecticut, ESPN

October 22

South Florida at Cincinnati, ESPN

October 26

Clemson at Virginia Tech, ESPN

October 27

UTEP at Tulsa, ESPN2

October 29

Connecticut at Rutgers, ESPN

October 31

UAB at SMU, ESPN2

November 1

Fresno State at Boise State, ESPN2

November 2

West Virginia at Louisville, ESPN

November 3

Air Force at Army, ESPN2

November 7

Toledo at Northern Illinois, ESPN2

November 9

Buffalo at Akron, ESPNU

Louisville at Rutgers, ESPN

November 10

UTEP at UAB, ESPN2

Western Michigan at Central Michigan, ESPNU

November 14

Ball State at Toledo, ESPN2

November 15

Miami of Ohio at Bowling Green, ESPN2

November 16

West Virginia at Pittsburgh, ESPN

Akron at Ohio, ESPNU

November 17

Central Michigan at Northern Illinois, ESPNU

November 21

Bowling Green at Toledo, ESPN2

November 23

Boston College at Miami, ESPN

November 24

Fresno State at Louisiana Tech, ESPN2

November 25

Boise State at Nevada, ESPN2

Purdue at Hawaii, ESPN

December 2

USC at UCLA, ABC

Decmeber 3

Connecticut at Louisville, ESPN or 2

Rutgers at West Virginia, ESPN or 2

I heard Doug Flutie was doing College Football on ESPN/ABC next year.

Musburger and Davie is a horrible pairing. I could live with Musburger, if they paired him with Dan Fouts.

The ESPN team of Mike Patrick and Todd Blackledge might be worse.

The only way Patrick and Blackledge could be worse is if Paul Maguire is added.

Ah crap, didn't scroll down and see the link I posted was ESPN Insider only. For those that have it (I don't), there's a fresh list of the best I-A conferences over there.

If anyone is paying attention to Athlon's top 25 list, the top six teams are:

6) West Virginia

5) Florida

4) Ohio State

3) USC

2) Notre Dame

1)....

Oklahoma?!?!?!

Besides. Who is a clear cut head and shoulders above everyone else #1 this season? It was easy the past few seasons with OU's dominance in 2004(until the postseason) and then USC's dominance the past few seasons.

Yeah Bomar thinks he can throw the ball straight through defenders. There's such a thing as too much confidence and he's oozing it....and that's not good.

Oklahoma's probably better off being ranked between 7-10 in the pre-season polls. They've always fallen short when they're ranked too high in the pre-season polls.

Based on returning starters, Notre Dame should be the preseason #1. None of the other favorites KNOW what they're going to get out of their players... the Irish do.

What they're going to get out of that defence, based on last year, isn't enough to rate them #1 yet.

They've got Tennessee at #20 and finishing 3rd in the SEC East. I'll buy that. I'm actually happy about expectations being low. We simply work better from underneath. I'm already jacked for the season opener against Cal.

Nationally, I'm extremely excited. Shit's wide open this year. I couldn't even guess at a #1, and I love it. Last year around this time USC and Texas were pretty much penciled in for the national title game.

They've got Tennessee at #20 and finishing 3rd in the SEC East. I'll buy that. I'm actually happy about expectations being low. We simply work better from underneath. I'm already jacked for the season opener against Cal.

Nationally, I'm extremely excited. Shit's wide open this year. I couldn't even guess at a #1, and I love it. Last year around this time USC and Texas were pretty much penciled in for the national title game.

I think that ND and SC are going to be 1 and 2 going into the final game at the Coliseum.

Regarding Tennessee, I get the feeling that Fulmer's job is on the line.