TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chazz

"Dining and Ditching"

The local Burger King is terrible about giving back too much change. They gave my mom change for a 50 instead of a 10.

Yeah, I did this a few years ago with a buddy of mine at Chilis, it was his last day out of the Air Force. The food sucked so I don't regret it.

The problem is the way most restaurants cash out their servers. Basically, you pull a report out of the computer and take it to the back where a manager says "You owe $225.35". They subtract your credit card payments, then youpay the difference in cash. Whatever is left is your tip money. If someone did a dick thing like Dine 'n Dash, the server making $2.13/hour gets screwed, not the "fat cat corporations". The corporation gets its cash and the server can't pay the phone bill that month.

The closest thing I did that could be considered dining & ditching, was one year at the state fair, I used a ten to buy a corndog for me and my gf, and the guy gives me back change as if I gave him a twenty. I realized this and said "oh well his bad" and grabbed my gf and took off through the crowd fast.

I only did this once, and to quote a bad wrestler, it wasn't my fault. I was going out with a girl, and she said she'd foot the bill (I think it was a Chilis or something similar). Well, I wasn't paying too much attention, and we were in the car and driving away before she admitted that we just skipped out. Going back wasn't an option either, since neither of us had enough money to cover it, and as pissed as I was it's not like I was gonna get my date arrested.

But other than that? If you wouldn't mug the waiter on the street and steal his wallet, don't ditch at a restaurant, cuz it's often the same thing.