TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dangerous A

WM match times

How much time would you give each of the WM matches if you were producing the show and how much time do you think each match will get.

HHH vs Cena

Should get: 16 minutes

Probrably will get: 22 minutes

Rey vs Orton vs Angle

Should get: 24 minutes

Probrably will get: 17 minutes

HBK vs Vince

Should get: 14 minutes

Probrably will get: 25 minutes

Edge vs Foley

Should get: 18 minutes

Probrably will get: 12 minutes

Mickie vs Trish

Should get: 7 minutes

Probrably will get: 10 minutes

Money in the Bank Ladder Match

Should get: 17 minutes

JBL vs Benoit

Should get: 15 minutes

Probrably will get: 10 minutes

Carlito/Masters vs Big Show/Kane

Should get: 6 minutes

Candace vs Torrie Pillow fight

Should get: 2 minutes or less

Probrably will get: 4+ minutes

Boogeyman vs Booker/Sharmell

Should get: 3 minutes

Probrably will get: 5 minutes

Taker vs Henry

Should get: 10 minutes

Probrably will get: 13 minutes

Total should get time: 132 minutes

Total probrably get time: 142 minutes

As you can see, I'm not in favor of longer matches for this particular WM since most of the matches aren't that great.

Other fun stuff...

Out of Bret Hart, Steve Austin, and Hulk Hogan, which if any, will appear unadvertised on Sunday's show?

Also, how many people will do run ins during the Vince vs Shawn No Holds Barred match?

Edited by Dangerous A

HHH vs Cena

Should get: 13 minute match, 5 minute entrances (20 minutes in total, w/ vid package and celebration)

Probrably will get: 20 minute match, 10 minute entrances (35 minutes, w/ vid package and celebration)

Rey vs Orton vs Angle

Should get: 25 minutes, 6 minute entrances (33 minutes, w/ vid package and celebration)

Probrably will get: 17 minutes, 6 minute entrances (25 minutes, w/ vid package and celebration)

HBK vs Vince

Should get: 12 minutes, 5 minute entrances (20 minute, w/ vid package and celebration)

Probrably will get: 15 minutes, 6 minute entrances (25 minutes, w/ vid package and celebration)

Mickie vs Trish

Should get: 3 minutes, 3 minute entrances (8 minutes, w/ vid package and celebration)

Probrably will get: 8 minutes, 5 minute entrances (15 minutes, w/ vid package and celebration)

Money in the Bank Ladder Match

Should get: 15 minutes, 8 minute entrances (25 minutes, w/ vid package and celebration)

Probrably will get: 15 minutes, 5 minute entrances (20 minutes, w/ vid package and celebration)

JBL vs Benoit

Should get: 25 minutes, 4 minute entrances (30 minutes, w/ vid package and celebration)

Probrably will get: 13 minutes, 2 minute entrances (15 minutes, w/ vid package and celebration)

Carlito/Masters vs Big Show/Kane

Should get: 1 minute, 2 minute entrances (5 minutes, w/ vid package and celebration)

Probrably will get: 8 minutes, 4 minute entrances (12 minutes, w/ vid package and celebration)

Candace vs Torrie Pillow fight

Should get: 2 minutes, 2 minute entrances (5 minutes, w/ vid package and celebration)

Probrably will get: 3 minutes, 3 minute entrances (6 minutes, w/ vid package and celebration)

Boogeyman vs Booker/Sharmell

Should get: 3 minutes, 2 minute entrances (7 minutes, w/ vid package and celebration)

Probrably will get: 3 minutes, 5 minute entrances, (10 minutes, w/ vid package and celebration)

Total Should Time: 163

Total Prob Time: 163

RE: how many people will do run-ins for HBK-Vince?

Shane

Spirit squad (I’d imagine they’d be part of WM in some form)

Steph?

HHH?

Cena?

Bret won’t.

SCSA is a big maybe. If he hadn’t done that promo w/ JBL, I’d say more than likely, but you know McMahon – bring any big name from the attitude era to pop a crowd, no matter how nonsensical it may seem.

I expect at least a Shane and Spirit Squad run in on Vince's behalf. Because of Vince's limitations, they are going to use every trick in the book for this one.Perhaps WWE gets Scott Hall to appear on Shawn's behalf as a one night only appearance? Depends on the story they want to tell. I get the feeling all the run ins would be for Vince and Shawn has to overcome in the end. I'd be inclined to say SCSA would run in to stun both men, but Austin is very protective of his character and wouldn't waste an appearance to just come out for no real storyline purpose. Hogan wouldn't help either man out either.

As far as Bret goes, I just don't think he's interested in participating. The only way I see him showing up on Sunday is to give that goodbye speech everyone keeps talking about, and that may end up happening on Saturday night anyways.

Hogan may make some kind of appearance if ratings for his reality show are in the toilet. Not sure of the numbers for the premiere, but they aren't out yet, which makes me believe they are low. Still, as of right now, he's only slated for Saturday.

I could see them playing Brets music just as Vince is going to finish off Shawn (after dozens of run-ins), Vince turns around, no one comes out, Vince turns back to Shawn and gets superkicked for the finish. It fits in with the story of Vince not getting over SS97.

I could see them playing Brets music just as Vince is going to finish off Shawn (after dozens of run-ins), Vince turns around, no one comes out, Vince turns back to Shawn and gets superkicked for the finish. It fits in with the story of Vince not getting over SS97.

I could very easily see that scenario played out. Thing is, they better have a women's match planned next because if they bait and switch a Bret appearance like that and only tease with the music, I get the feeling the live crowd will shit on whatever comes out of that curtain next.

how many people will do run ins during the Vince vs Shawn No Holds Barred match?

Pat Patterson, Brooklyn Brawler, Gerald Brisco, Brother Love, Mean Street Posse, Spirit Squad, Shane, Sgt. Slaughter, and anybody with a legends contract that can run.

Maybe they could have Bret do a pre-taped deal where it shows he was the one who played the music, and we get him on the video screen afterwards with a smile on his face saying "Bret didn't screw Bret, Vince screwed Bret". Oh, it would be awful...

WWE needs to be really careful here. By my count, that's three matches on the card (HHH-Cena because of the Cena hate, the Triple Threat because of the Eddie thing, and Vince-Shawn because of Bret) where the crowd would have a legit excuse to completely turn on the show.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
How much time would you give each of the WM matches if you were producing the show and how much time do you think each match will get.

HHH vs Cena

Should get: 16 minutes

Probrably will get: 22 minutes

They gave Batista and HHH 22 minutes at Mania 21 and it sucked. 22 minutes of Cena and HHH may be unwatchable. They need to keep it down between 10 and 15 minutes.

HHH proved with Steiner that he is oblivious to the realities of the situation and wants to go long in every main event match.

HHH must be mad that Vince is on the card, as his won't be the only match with colour in it.

With that said, I could see Foley/Edge becoming a colorless hardcore match, which means it'll be underwhelming.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
HHH proved with Steiner that he is oblivious to the realities of the situation and wants to go long in every main event match.

HHH must be mad that Vince is on the card, as his won't be the only match with colour in it.

I'm not even sure he's oblivious. He wants to prove he can drag a match out of Cena.

It's funny, the matches that need color won't get it because Triple H believes it makes him a better match when blood is involved and Vince/Shawn love to juice as much as Trips does.

Also, Edge teased the flaming table at SNME, somebody should go through a flaming table in Chicago.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
original poster... you forgot edge/foley

So did the writing crew.

Guest wildpegasus
Foley/Edge will certainly be colourless. We'll see a table bump, tacks, a chair spot, some garbage cans, and that's about it.

Then HHH is oblivious to his inability to carry guys.

I say we get blood in Foley vs Edge. Foley can get away with it if he wants.

Foley/Edge will certainly be colourless. We'll see a table bump, tacks, a chair spot, some garbage cans, and that's about it.

Then HHH is oblivious to his inability to carry guys.

I say we get blood in Foley vs Edge. Foley can get away with it if he wants.

He has creative control, so if he wants to bleed he can.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
How about adding in what order you'd have the matches? What would you open with, and what would you end with? Give a finish for the last match, as that will be the the final image of the PPV.

Show/Kane vs. Masters and Carlito

Candice vs. Torrie

Foley vs. Edge

Boogey vs. T's

MITB2

Mickie vs. Trish

Taker vs. Henry

Bradshaw vs. Benoit

Vince vs. Shawn

Cena vs. Hunter

Three way, with Rey pinning Orton. (If Rey had a submission hold it would be ideal)