TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kapoutman

Animal Crossing Wild World

I was searching for a new DS game after completing Partners in Time and picking up Tetris DS. Several co-workers toild me that Animal Crossing Wild World was absolutely awesome despite the childish look and weird gameplay. They say it's addictive, and since I despise anything "The Sims", they assured me that it wasn't anything like that.

I read reviews of the game and they say it's pretty good, but I just need some more opinions of people who have played it before picking it up. So, who has played this game, and what's your opinion of it?

I owned it for a good three months before I sold it off. You basically harvest stuff to make cash to expand your house and fill it with trinkets. I liken it to Harvest Moon except in real time (the in-game time mimics the time on your DS's internal clock) and without the date sim aspect. There's a few side things like collecting fish and bugs for the museum and using the wireless feature to visit other people's towns. I had my fun with it, but if The Sims isn't your bag, I honestly wouldn't recommend it.

If you liked Superstar Saga on the GBA, you're gonna love Partners in Time. It's a bit shorter than the first one, although not as short as reviewers say it is. The history with the alien invasion in Mushroom Kingdom is a funny one, and it is honestly the game that made me laugh the most since Conker's Bad Fur Day. I like gameplay with one button for each partner, and while it is not a difficult game, you'll still get enough mileage out of it to make it a purchase worth your money. Highest recommendations on that game.

I owned it for a good three months before I sold it off. You basically harvest stuff to make cash to expand your house and fill it with trinkets. I liken it to Harvest Moon except in real time (the in-game time mimics the time on your DS's internal clock) and without the date sim aspect. There's a few side things like collecting fish and bugs for the museum and using the wireless feature to visit other people's towns. I had my fun with it, but if The Sims isn't your bag, I honestly wouldn't recommend it.

Ced, you sold yours off too? I just sold mine to a friend.

Ced, you sold yours off too? I just sold mine to a friend.

Yeah, I pawned my copy off on good ol' Half.com. Wanted some extra money for Beatmania, which hopefully should be in today (Tuesday).

I still have my Animal Crossings because I'm a fan of the series. Its good and become addicting if you play it long enough but it gets to a point where if you start playing it a lot, you play it for only a little bit each day and it starts to loose it's appeal but anyways, the game is good. It might be better if your able to do the wi-fi thing with the game.

After a friend made me try his game as a roomate in his town, I finally went and got the game.

My town is pretty lame at the moment, but my brother will be my roomate so we can pay the debts more quickly.