TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

NHL Thread

If the Devils hold on to their 3-0 against Philly, the Rangers are guaranteed atleast a 2 point lead going to the huge game at MSG on Tuesday. Probably the biggest Ranger game at MSG in seven years. A win in that game basically gives us the division, which I might not want them to win considering how bad Buffalo is playing.

I almost hope the Leafs lose tonight just so I can stop having that small part of me think they still have a shot. If they keep winning, those 2 games in Montreal are going to bug the hell out of me all summer.

I want the Kings to lose tonight so that they don't jerk me around again, because I get the feeling they're going to win their next 3, then lose their next 5.

Big, BIG statement game tonight in Edmonton. The Flames will likely have 5 regulars (Lundmark, Leopold, Nilson, Warrener, Leclerc) out of the lineup, and one more (McCarty) not playing, even though he'll be dressed. In addition, Calgary just played last night, and Edmonton is rested; add it all up, and the Flames have every excuse in the book to lose tonight.

If they can pull this off, it'll speak volumes about their character.

Although the Flames have won more games this season, I still think the Flames team that went to the finals is a better team, espically on the offense.

Even if the Flames win the cup this year, we gotta address our offense issues and get a center who can compilment Iginla well. We really miss the presence of Conroy.

Anyone know the big market free agents this off-season?

And the tease continues. At least Tampa's losing, so they can get a little closer, even if it won't mean anything at the end of year.

1-0 Washington over Ottawa. That was a frustrating game to watch. 46 shots on goal and two posts, but it never seemed like the Sens got many really good scoring chances.

At least Carolina lost. I've pretty much given up on Ottawa grabbing the President's Trophy at this point, but first in the East would be big.

Calgary wins 4-1. They benefitted from an absolutely brutal call, though.

You'll hear about it when the official apology comes down... or at least, that's what the NHL should do.

Guest Rrrsh

Man, the Sharks give away another precious point to the Coyotes. 2 games and you only get 1 point? Man, that shit can kill them down the stretch.

Kingofthe99, let the teasing continue!

Go Ducks! Didn't realize that Vancouver was going on a short vacation after Monday, so the Kings aren't really out of it.

Yet.

The Kings/Nucks game on Monday is huge (didn't I say that last week?). Depending upon tomorrow's result in Vancouver/Anaheim, the Kings could find themselves in a playoff spot by Tuesday or Thursday. Cautious optimism. Gotta fucking win on Monday or there's no chance of getting in. However, the Kings can finish the Sharks on Thursday, regardless of anything else that happens.

Hopefully Phoenix can continue their good play against Edmonton, which with a King win would place LA 1 point behind the Oil. The West is gonna get even tighter.

When I saw the ticker for the Montreal game last night, it said MTL: Murray, and I thought to myself that when did Glenn Murray start playing for Montreal or this must be a typo.

Didn't clue in that it was Garth Murray instead.

Once again Huet played fantastic and has simply owned the Bruins this year.

Huet=Vezina!!!

It's been 15 years since the Battle of Alberta was last played in the post-season. Only one player from the Oilers' roster in 1991 is still active in the NHL - Martin Gelinas.

Thats a nice little tidbit of information.

It's been 15 years since the Battle of Alberta was last played in the post-season. Only one player from the Oilers' roster in 1991 is still active in the NHL - Martin Gelinas.

Thats a nice little tidbit of information.

I really doubt it's going to happen this year.

Edmonton will get roasted in the 1st round. Their team isn't good enough to upset Dallas or Detroit, which will be their likely opponet in the 1st round.

Just got tickets to the Kings next two games on Monday and Tuesday. So, I'm either going to be there for their rise (hopefully), or their downfall.

I love invading the Pond, especially after the Ducks smashed Vancouver. The Kings have the opportunity to get in a playoff spot by Tuesday.

Oh yeah, Dan Cloutier may play tomorrow.

Kingofthe909, you know who TJ Fast(2nd round pick this year of the Kings) is?

He went to my high school, good guy.

Although he kissed my shoe in junior high.

Hell, the Oil could have a cloned Wayne in his prime, it's tough to imagine them beating Dallas, who are the Leafs to Edmonton's Ottawa.

Also, since I kinda probably huirt CanadianChris' feelings, I agree with your avatar. They were good enough to get into the playofs last year, but you'll recall how they hit the wall when Doc got hurt. A healthy Jays team is dangerous. I'll also agree that this has been far and away the best playoff race in some time in the West. Calgary's win Saturday was a huge statement in Denver, who basically has this year before the wheels come off.

Speaking of wheels coming off, Buffalo has now last 8 of 9. Rick Jeanerret has finally been calmed down a little, A customer at Walmart said, and this is an exact quote while a co-worker and I discussed that night's forthcoming Leafs-Sabres game: "They'll win! Stop the streak and make it two Monday over the Leafs again. Sorry Office Glen, but at least you have a team to root against now in Tampa, as opposed to three for the last 4 or 5 nights,

RRSh, can you elabourate on this mini Canucks vacation a little more? I'm all kinds of drunk and can't read my Hockey News Yearbook schedule.

Evander, you could be missing both ears. It's spelt C-E-N-T-R-E north of the 49th. Thank you. Sorry, but I'm anal about that sort of thing.

Evander, you could be missing both ears. It's spelt C-E-N-T-R-E north of the 49th. Thank you. Sorry, but I'm anal about that sort of thing.

I don't give a fuck how people spell it, either way there's 2 spellings to it. So if your gonna complain about how I spell center, put me on ignore.

Kingofthe909, you know who TJ Fast(2nd round pick this year of the Kings) is?

Yes, I do. He's one of the few defensemen in the system that's going to be good enough to hang around the NHL.

Oh, and the Canucks are going to be off until Saturday. If they don't win tomorrow, they have to sit around and hope that nobody catches them. They'll only have 5 games left.

The Canucks just didn't show up tonight. God help them if Cloutier is starting tomorrow, but I'm just going to chalk last night's game as an anomoly.

I think they can beat the Kings.

I don't give a fuck how people spell it, either way there's 2 spellings to it. So if your gonna complain about how I spell center, put me on ignore.

My bad, didn't mean to come off as big a tool as I probably did. My apologies.

Five days? That's rough,it seems to me there's a fine line between rest and rust. I can't even imagine how different the standings are going to look five days from now...

The Canucks just didn't show up tonight. God help them if Cloutier is starting tomorrow, but I'm just going to chalk last night's game as an anomoly.

I think they can beat the Kings.

For my mental health and the sake of my wallet, I fucking hope not. I went out on impulse when I bought tickets for the next 2 games.

The Sharks aren't exactly out and pushing their way toward a playoff spot, they have 3 or 4 (don't remember) back to backs in a really short span. So realistically, the Kings have a nice little place that they can fit in.

Guest Rrrsh

Yah Canucks play tomorrow, then get 5 days off. Which is great for getting Cloots and Jovo back.

But fuck did we lay an egg vs Anahiem.

Zdeno Chara is out until the playoffs and may not play in the first round.

Can't wait to be in playoff atmospheres 2 nights in a row.