TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Thoth

PC Games on Intel Mac

I'm sure by now you've heard the news about BootCamp, Apple's solution to run Windows XP natively on a Mac.

Some people on various Mac forums have benchmarked games.

"Ok So I just played F.E.A.R a real hog of a game. As anyone with a gaming pc will tell you.

On my P4 3ghz, 1.5gb, ATI X800XT with settings all high, antistropic 8x, AA off, Vsync off, 1024x768 I get the folllowing results

low. 25fps average. 42fps high 73fps

On my imac core duo, 2gb, 256 X1600 same settings

low. 26fps average. 45fps high 75fps

That is with version 1.0 retail. I will update to latest version tommorow, but those results are impressive nether the less."

Holy shit, kids. Keep in mind the graphics card in the Intel iMac is an x1600.

Boot Camp will come installed with Mac's new version of OS X..."Leopard" which debuts in August and will probably be available in the fall.

Boot Camp will come installed with Mac's new version of OS X..."Leopard" which debuts in August and will probably be available in the fall.

The beta is available right now.

I hadn't touched a Mac until I had to use one for work. OS X seems almost idiotically easy to use once you adjust. The hardware itself is a bit pricey, but quick, quiet and efficient.

It runs XP really well from what I've seen, too. However, who knows the nuts and bolts of this thing. Does it run the same way (with BIOS)?

I hadn't touched a Mac until I had to use one for work. OS X seems almost idiotically easy to use once you adjust. The hardware itself is a bit pricey, but quick, quiet and efficient.

It runs XP really well from what I've seen, too. However, who knows the nuts and bolts of this thing. Does it run the same way (with BIOS)?

It somehow fakes BIOS, since Macs have been using EFI instead for some time.

And yeah, I hated Apple with a passion until I started using OSX based Macs for music recording. That OS is an amazing improvement over their previous systems. Rock solid stabilty.