TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Adam

IDEA~!

Alright. I'll concede, I've done fuck all in the last six weeks. Getting three jobs and doing full time study takes its toll. Sorry. But onward and upward kids, I was talking to NYU, brainstorming if you weel, and I came up with a concept for perhaps Living Angleously, perhaps School's Out. Depends how far along everyone's plans are.

Okay, Axel won't answer any questions about Hoff and Drek. Thats fine. He seems a little agitated. Thats fine too. He books the next PPV card, with Originals all in marquee matches. Title matches, whether that be Zack defending his HI-YAH Belt, Leon defending the 24/7 Title, or Originals challenging for the World and Tag belts, he books the matches. People wonder why.

How has he been going in his role as General Manager? Well, he's going to find out. The week after the upcoming Pay Per View, Axel has a 'Performance Review' with the Board of Directors. There, the Board will go though his four months as GM, and specifically the PPV the previous week.

Here's where it gets interesting. If the PPV fails, Axel is demoted back to an active wrestler. If it succeeds, he's promoted. To what? Well, thats unknown.

The choice for the Originals, once they find this out, should be easy, right? Boycott the Pay Per View, Axel is out of their hair. But no. You see, if they don't show up, they not only lose their matches, but their opportunities, and their titles. Zack would lose the HI-YAH Belt, and his Money in the Bank. He has the most to lose, but the most to gain as well. Leon would lose his belt. Dan, Tony, SJ, all the originals lose their opportunities at belts/enemies, with no guarantees of rematches. The fans are also an issue. Zack and Leon are loved by the fans, but would they go so far as to test that love by not showing up to an advertised event at all?

With a tease here and a tease there, Axel is anxious, and the Originals are at a stalemate. Some want to wrestle, some don't. Eventually, they do wrestle. The PPV does well, and Axel gets promoted. Thats where this chapter ends, and another begins. Before I go any further, thoughts? Opinions?

I *assumed* that it would be at AngleSlam

Why would Axel get promoted based on one show? Why is corporate even happy with Axel running the show, when he and the Upstarts have SWORN to destroy the OAOAST? Why would they be doing anything but trying to fire him after the Upstarts invaded Corporate.

I think there's alot of thought that went into with, which is good, but I do not see how it gels with the storyline that's been established for months now. The Upstarts want to take control of the OAOAST away from Originals/Corporate. SJ's been acting as a corporate liaison (PPV Coordinator?) since AnglePalooza.

I'm not saying we can't go with the concept (Axel gets a chance at ultimate power) but the execution as laid out I do not feel fits into the storyline we've told now in any way.

We've got an X title situation to sort out as well.

I can't be a part of it either, as my plans for the next little bit actually don't focus on anything to do with The Upstarts (not directly, at least).

As for The Upstarts breakup, it's obvious that there are several "splinter" groups coming out of the stable (Axel/PK as the Power Trip duo, the GPX/O'Hara contingent, and Wright/Bo). I know a lot of people were worried about dragging the war out any further, and some mentioned Anglemania would be a good breakoff point. Not to scrap the idea as a whole, but perhaps it could be played that PK gets a little angered by the fact he's lost his belt, and thus his power source. He's upset at the fact that other Upstarts have failed. It could basically evolve PK into a one man army monster heel, cement the GPX/O'Hara stable, etc. Especially with Drek and Hoff back, it appears bigger things are on the horizon.

I do like Knight being angered over losing the title and we could have a little in-fighting in the Upstarts with Hoff and Drek trying to take leadership roles once again but Knight relents because it was their leaving that opened the door for him to reach the top.

Axel could go off on the group, saying how no one has really done anything big so far this year and has done nothing but lose big match after big match while cozying up with his old buddies Hoff and Drek again, which would lead to the in-fighting I referenced earlier.

Okay, thanks for all the feedback. I'll address it point by point.

1. SJ, the whole point of the Civil War was the Originals vs. the Upstarts. It was never about destroying the fed, it was about the up and coming stars getting their due. It was about taking the spotlight away from the Original stars of the company, and placing it over the heads of the new guys. Its never been about destroying the company.

2. Break the Upstarts up ASAP. All of them, excluding Axel and PK, have been on horrendous losing streaks for ages now, and as Zack and PK pointed out, there are bigger things going on.

3. It wouldn't involve any effort whatsoever to do the angle. It'd just be another facet to the build for your match, the fact that one of the participants perhaps won't show up.

Sign in to follow this