TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
hitman2003

Wrestlemania 22 article

Stratus did a tremendous job in the match in carrying James, who was also better than usual.

nigga plz. Mickie is at least AS good as Trish, if not better.

This is the translated report using an internet translator so remeber it wont be perfectly translated.

impossible to read. I gave up half way through.

Orton is supposed to be back at the King of the Ring PPV.

Isn't KOTR just matches on Smackdown?

I can see why the botched finish hurt Trish vs. Mickie, but at least it made some sense in the context of the story - Trish's leg collapsed when Mickie tried to use it as a support for the bulldog. It certainly told a more satisfying story that the SD! main event, which was basically "Kurt Angle is Superman and his opponents are hapless jabronis. Oops! Rey won by mistake!"

Well, the one thing that makes me feel relatively good about ONS is that Heyman is booking this again, with Vince just doing a token overseer job. If I recall Vince had basically no input in the first show... Not to mention if RVD jobs there it basically kills any future ECW PPVs, future DVDs, and his career. They have to bite the bullet and give him the title there, even if it's just a 2 month title reign till SummerSlam.

Personally I'd go with Cena/RVD. With HHH involved you just KNOW he'd try to get out of jobbing at the ECW PPV, even though it's 100% the right thing to do and Van Dam has put him over numerous times. I don't think there would be the kind of politics involved with Cena, and his reaction from the ECW crowd would be priceless.

Vince had some input over ONS with him and Heyman comprimising on certain things that went down on the PPV, most notably Heyman being able to get in RVD's promo, Tanaka's chair shots and Tazz showing up last instead of Austin.

Hunter putting over RVD, or anyone else for the belt, isn't as hard to imagine as it seems on the surface. Hunter wants to get that big 17th World title reign and for that to happen he has to drop the belt six more times, and doing it to RVD at ONS makes a lot of sense because it gives the ECW fans the one finish they want above all others.

I can see why the botched finish hurt Trish vs. Mickie, but at least it made some sense in the context of the story - Trish's leg collapsed when Mickie tried to use it as a support for the bulldog.

That's what I thought they were going for when I watched it live. If JR or King made the point that it was from the leg work, I doubt most people would even worry about it. Although, it's not like good ring psych has never gone over the heads of WWE announcers before.

Well, the one thing that makes me feel relatively good about ONS is that Heyman is booking this again, with Vince just doing a token overseer job. If I recall Vince had basically no input in the first show... Not to mention if RVD jobs there it basically kills any future ECW PPVs, future DVDs, and his career. They have to bite the bullet and give him the title there, even if it's just a 2 month title reign till SummerSlam.

Personally I'd go with Cena/RVD. With HHH involved you just KNOW he'd try to get out of jobbing at the ECW PPV, even though it's 100% the right thing to do and Van Dam has put him over numerous times. I don't think there would be the kind of politics involved with Cena, and his reaction from the ECW crowd would be priceless.

Vince had some input over ONS with him and Heyman comprimising on certain things that went down on the PPV, most notably Heyman being able to get in RVD's promo, Tanaka's chair shots and Tazz showing up last instead of Austin.

Hunter putting over RVD, or anyone else for the belt, isn't as hard to imagine as it seems on the surface. Hunter wants to get that big 17th World title reign and for that to happen he has to drop the belt six more times, and doing it to RVD at ONS makes a lot of sense because it gives the ECW fans the one finish they want above all others.

Also, Triple H really has nothing to lose from giving RVD a gold watch title reign. RVD wins the title gives ONSII a special feeling, RVD gets that world title reign people have been harping for. It just gets to #12, quicker. The scary part will come when HHH decides he wants to break Sammantino's record.

I don't really see how on earth HHH could break Sammartino's record, since he only held it twice. And there's no way HHH would get the title for about 8 years.

It really makes no sense for RVD to job at that PPV. I mean good grief they have Vengeance right there 2 weeks later if they just want to give him a token title win...SummerSlam is also fairly close if Vengeance is already booked.

HHH already sorta eliminated RVD from the Rumble (it was him and Rey) as well as beating him in the WM tourney finals. If he's not willing to put the guy over in front of the ECW crowd--in a match that does him no harm since he'd likely get it back--then he truly is a piece of dogshit.

Seriously, this would draw the wrong kind of heat. Big time. As in "I never want to watch WWE ever again" kind of heat.

I highly doubt it, but it be funny if they decided to finally use the website to work us. They say Orton is suspended then every week he does a run in and RKO's somebody until one of the GM's has enough and brings him back.

Hell, doing random attacks and not wrestling or cutting promo's might actually get him over.

Survivor series in Philly?

Sweet.

I'm going. I don't care what the card is, shows always seem better live.

Plus, if I save up enough, I may get another chair.

Oh, and I'm going to that Supershow too.

No one's ever going to break Sammartino's record. Ever. They got away with it back then because of lack of exposure and only running shows everyone once in a while. And no TV. Or PPV. Fans can't even stand Triple H being champion for a year, let alone 8.

I guess it actually makes sense to do Cena vs RVD at ONS 2 if the WWE are trying to get HHH over as a face now. But if thats the case, I can see HHH doing a run in and doing something to Cena to cause RVD to get the title win. Through the place would explode if RVD won the title cleanly.

So are we going to get Terry Funk vs Mick Foley at ONS 2 or will they tag together?

and damnit I want a Taz match or at least another chokeout.

I guess it actually makes sense to do Cena vs RVD at ONS 2 if the WWE are trying to get HHH over as a face now. But if thats the case, I can see HHH doing a run in and doing something to Cena to cause RVD to get the title win. Through the place would explode if RVD won the title cleanly.

So are we going to get Terry Funk vs Mick Foley at ONS 2 or will they tag together?

and damnit I want a Taz match or at least another chokeout.

Agreed, it's amazing how he seemed to be back to the old Taz with just a towel and a mean look on his face, but he needs his neck sugery before he can wrestle

Re-printing any portion of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter without express consent from Dave Meltzer is a violation of copyright, hitman2003.

Actually his typing up of the Observer is probably going to lead me into getting a subscription. It's pretty good. If I want to subscribe via paypal, his paypal addy is [email protected] right?

Taken from LOP.net

An incident involving John Cena took place at the O'Hare Airport in Chicago, Illinois on Tuesday morning. The following information came from two sources from the O'Hare Airport. One source is a person's eye witness account of the incident. The other source is from written documentation of the incident. Here is an eyewitness report in regards to situation at hand...

"John Cena was at O'Hare Airport in Chicago on Tuesday morning to get a flight to Tampa. He arrived too late to check in his bag for the flight and was informed by the ticket agents that his bag wouldn't be able to make it. Cena started swearing at the agents and gave them the finger before leaving his bag and departing for the gate, despite knowing his bag wouldn't make the flight. The gate was called and told to not let him to board. Cena returned to the ticket desk and saying "f*** you" repeatedly to the agents present, and he was told to stop using profanity. A manager came to the desk and again told him to stop using profanity. He was rebooked on a later flight."

Apparently, this incident caused a big scene at the airport, and it could have much worse than it actually was. In situations such as this one, the customer is not allowed to the fly on his or her original flight. Customers that are abusive to airline staff usually have the police stationed at the airport, called in. A WWE representative personally called the O'Hare airline to apologize for Cena's disruptive behavior. Also, the source was told that if Cena ever misbehaves at the O'Hare airline ever again, he will be denied boarding on the flight and he will have to find another airline in which to fly on.

He was just testing out his heel character. :P