TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dangerous A

Piggyback time: Impact scores 1.0

Empowered by a replay of the first episode of The Ultimate Fighter Season 3, the final Saturday edition of TNA Impact shot up to a 1.0 rating.

Impact garnered an average audience of 1.1 million viewers and record numbers in Male demographics as they scored a 1.1 among Males 18-49 and 1.2 among Males 18-34.

News from the Observer says that the VP of Spike has said that if TNA can score good ratings @ 11pm on thursdays, they would consider putting TNA on @ 9pm on thursdays once TUF 3 ends.

Guest Coffey

Too bad most people still look at Monday as "Wrestling night." There's other shit going on during Thursday. It's like the most watched TV night. It'd be hard, I think, to get a lot of people set in their ways on Thursday nights to abandon what they're accustomed to watching to watch the lackluster iMPACT!

I know I've sounded like a negative pissant recently regarding TNA, however they have really soured me on the product thanks to how poor iMPACT! turns out to be.

I'll watch the first Thursday show because I'm hoping that will finally be the turn around.

Guest Coffey

Are there numbers to prove that? 'Cause if we're just going by speculation, the demographic they're appealing too could just as easily go to bed early due to work/school the next day as they could miss iMPACT! on Sat. because it's the weekend and they're out partying.

Guest hasbeen

It's 10 in a lot of big cities like Chicago, St. Louis and Memphis. Moving to a weeknight is huge. I've probably seen only a 1/4 of the shows since it's been on Saturday night unless I remembered to record it. I would say I'd see all of them now.

Guest Princess Leena

Plus, it probably didn't hurt that this looked like one of the better Impact's on paper. I turned on Impact! for the first time in a long time, just watch AJ/Abyss.

I hated that Christian caused the non finish in AJ/Abyss. Those 2 just have a great big/small man chemistry about them. I give TNA permission to do an AJ/Abyss feud that lasts 6 months, if not longer.

Too bad most people still look at Monday as "Wrestling night." There's other shit going on during Thursday. It's like the most watched TV night. It'd be hard, I think, to get a lot of people set in their ways on Thursday nights to abandon what they're accustomed to watching to watch the lackluster iMPACT!

I know I've sounded like a negative pissant recently regarding TNA, however they have really soured me on the product thanks to how poor iMPACT! turns out to be.

I'll watch the first Thursday show because I'm hoping that will finally be the turn around.

It doesn't help that TNA doesn't even book their current World Heavyweight Champion to wrestle on Impact at all anymore.

Awesome news, hopefully they get even more TUF viewers on Thursday since that's when the first run episodes air. I think last week's got something impressive in the 2's.

i dont normally comment here but i have to say sorry if you cant put this down to Sting being on the show then god knows what else it is. people obviously want to see the guy.

Good news to hear since the show was pretty solid if you ask me. The Thurs rating will be interesting to see how different that is compared to the Sat one. Still not convinced 10pm C/11pm ET on a Thursday night is strong, but with TUF there right before it, it might work.