TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

ESPN sucks, so do thread closers

:(

I need my Gus fix sometime this season. I don't want to wait until March Madness.

Edited by KingPK

Guest Soriano's Torn Quad
I live in Ithaca, NY and I get every Bills game.

I get to hear Gus Johnson like every week and it's great.

BATISTA WITH THE CAAAAAAAAAAAAATCH

If I could I would hire Gus Johnson to announce the important events of my life.

"He proposes and..... she says YESSSSSSSSSSSS!"

Guest Smues

Last night when I got to my hotel I turned on ESPN and NFL Tonight or some such NFL show started. They lead off with something along the lines of "Tonight, a spectacular update on Kevin Everett's life threatening injury...but first let's talk about the Patriots taking pictures!"

Like anything else they can talk about on the show can be as important as the news that Kevin Everett might walk again? Devote the whole show to the Patriots thing? Sure like I care, but don't make me wait through 5 minutes of Patriots bullshit first to find out that the guy might be ok.

Steve Phillips - please stop referring to Orlando Hernandez as "El Duque" Hernandez. Use the dumb nickname if you must, but please stop making it sound like his first and middle names are El and Duque respectively.

Lou Holtz actually said on live TV that he believes Notre Dame could have trouble making a BCS bowl this year if they lose to Michigan and fall to 0-3.

Thanks, Lou. Amazing insight.

Okay, I'm a Notre Dame fan... which means I've got a bit of love for Lou, but c'mon. The old man needs to be put out of his misery

Lou Holtz actually said on live TV that he believes Notre Dame could have trouble making a BCS bowl this year if they lose to Michigan and fall to 0-3.

I'd love to see John Madden and Lou Holtz on the same broadcast calling a game. Just mainly to see which play by play man could sit there the whole game and not want to kill both of them by the third quarter. Like the ultimate test of willpower. If that stupid show where they tried to make a new sportscaster was still on the air, that would have made a great challenge for contestants.

Okay, I'm a Notre Dame fan... which means I've got a bit of love for Lou, but c'mon. The old man needs to be put out of his misery

He's far too entertaining to be taken off the air.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I think Lebetard is great. I'd actually like to see him on the show more. I was thinking of a possible scenario where he replaces Wilbon, but I guess you sort of need him there to play the straight man.

Steve Phillips - please stop referring to Orlando Hernandez as "El Duque" Hernandez. Use the dumb nickname if you must, but please stop making it sound like his first and middle names are El and Duque respectively.

Fuck Steve Phillips.

I can't wait till the Knick season when Mike Breen is calling games for ESPN/ABC. Gus Johnson all day.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I think Lebetard is great. I'd actually like to see him on the show more. I was thinking of a possible scenario where he replaces Wilbon, but I guess you sort of need him there to play the straight man.

Why? Wilbon seems more knowledgable on sports than Kornheiser. If I have Lebatard replacing anyone, it's Kornheiser.

Why? Wilbon seems more knowledgable on sports than Kornheiser. If I have Lebatard replacing anyone, it's Kornheiser.

Kornheiser is just too damn entertaining. He could be completely clueless on everything and I would still watch him. As for Wilbon, I like him okay, but his bias comes though a lot and he can be a race baiter sometimes. He's good in that setting, but I've never been a fan of his print work and and that clouds my opinion of him.

Too bad they got rid of Whitlock cause I always liked him and Dan together. Adande is horrible when he's not on ATH.

I agree, I have grown to like Lebatard. In fact I think I enjoy the show better with Lebatard w/ either Tony or Wilbon than when Tony and Wilbon are together.

I nearly turned off The Sports Reporters immediately when I saw Screaming A. on the panel, but then I would have missed his inane opening commentary on how USC and Florida should be in the BCS title game and they don't even need to play the rest of the season (tough luck, LSU).

The new ESPN Radio schedule:

6-10 a.m. Mike & Mike in the Morning

10 a.m.-1 p.m. The Herd with Colin Cowherd

1-3 p.m. The Mike Tirico Show

3-4 p.m. The Stephen A. Smith Show

4-6:30 p.m. SportsBash with John Seibel

6:30-7 p.m. Best of Pardon the Interruption

7-9 p.m. The Pulse with Doug Gottlieb

9 p.m.-2 a.m. Game Night

2-6 a.m. AllNight with Jason Smith

The rock must really be trying to sell that movie because he was on earlier talking Miami footbally with John Saunders.

If I could I would hire Gus Johnson to announce the important events of my life.

"He proposes and..... she says YESSSSSSSSSSSS!"

I'm on board for anything that allows more gus johnson in my life. He's the only one who could have made that bmore/jets snoozefest interesting this past sunday.