TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lt. Al Giardello

NHL 2006 Playoffs thread...

I'm going to bed as soon as this OT's over. I don't want to be sucked into watching the other ones.

I feel bad for Martin Gerber. Everyone wants to think that he just fell flat in the playoffs, but no one mentions his illness.

What illness? Carolina is lucky. Cam Ward is doing a fine job in net.

He had some type of stomach virus, lost twenty pounds in the week prior to the playoffs starting and couldn't keep any food down throughout the first few games of the Montreal series.

And it's funny, if you think about it, that Buffalo's about 10 seconds in game 1 and an inch in game 3 from being down 2-1.

Throw in Alfie's post in the dying seconds of the third last night and it could have been 3-0.

I have to say that I strongly disagree with the folks that are saying certain match-ups will be 'bad for hockey' or any of that shit. Regardless of WHO'S playing in the Cup, the series will largely be ignored by ESPN. Since the NBA is on ABC, it's in their be$t intere$t to promote the fuck out of basketball and ignore hockey. And, thus, regardless of who's playing in the Cup, the games will get 3 minutes of coverage with minimal highlights.

Let's just hope for the best match-ups on the ice, and not care about how good the ratings will be or how many new fans the match-up will draw.

Guest Princess Leena
Buffalo wins the game in Overtime. This is going to be a horrible Stanley Cup.

I know!

Ottawa finished the regular season with 113 points, and Buffalo only had 110!

They are so horrible!

Buffalo wins the game in Overtime. This is going to be a horrible Stanley Cup.

I know!

Ottawa finished the regular season with 113 points, and Buffalo only had 110!

They are so horrible!

I think he is one of those fans that thinks the Stanley Cup Finals are only entertaining if there is atleast one Canadian team involved.

I just have to say two things.

1. A Western Conference team will win the Cup

2. Buffalo-Carolina could go down as the most entertaining series of all time.

Guest Princess Leena

With how the season finale went, I'm liking a Buffalo-Carolina matchup.

Well, maybe I shouldn't, because you just know Buffalo would lose to one of those shitty Western teams in the final in controversial fashion.

And it's funny, if you think about it, that Buffalo's about 10 seconds in game 1 and an inch in game 3 from being down 2-1.

Throw in Alfie's post in the dying seconds of the third last night and it could have been 3-0.

Yeah, that's what I was talking about, an inch or 2 the other way and the Sens score. I forgot about Spezza putting it on the goal line in game 2.

Off the top of my head:

Briere, Drury, Afinoginov (I enjoy saying his name really fast), Dumont, Hecht, Derek Roy, Kotalik, Vanek, Connolly... McKee, Campbell, Numminen, Tallinder, Lydman... and of course, the goalies, Miller and Biron.

And that goon who mocked the Maple Leafs for not making the playoffs, but has played just as many playoff games as they have so far.

Guest Felonies!

Ohhhh, you got Teppo! I just wanted to know who to watch if they get to the Finals.

Drury

Thanks.

Yeah, that's what I was talking about, an inch or 2 the other way and the Sens score. I forgot about Spezza putting it on the goal line in game 2.

Yeah, I thought you were talking about Spezza's near-goal in the original post. I misread game 3 as game 2.

I got a huge surprise...I found out on ESPN.com that Hasek's not playing tonight. The huge surprise being that I found it on ESPN.com, of course.

The only veterans (by my definition and I'm only leaving ones that have a shot at the Conference Finals) left that are Cup-less are...

Teppo (I love Teppo)

Brind'Amour

Weight

Selanne

Pronger

So, that tells you guys what players I'm rooting for. I want Brind'Amour to get the Cup.

Other than San Jose, I really don't want Buffalo, Carolina nor Anaheim to win the cup.

Why? What does San Jose have that none of the other teams do? Do you really like those giant shark fins they put on the ice before each game that much?

I just don't want Anaheim to win it, and have good reason for not wanting them to. San Jose would be nice since I picked them to win it a week before the playoffs.

Other than San Jose, I really don't want Buffalo, Carolina nor Anaheim to win the cup.

Why? What does San Jose have that none of the other teams do? Do you really like those giant shark fins they put on the ice before each game that much?

No, I don't.

Other than niskie and max making some stupid remark of Joe Thorton is a clutch player now.

Carolina would be in the same boat as Tampa this year.

Anaheim, I don't want to win, because I fear of another Walt Disney moving coming on.

And I live near Buffalo and my gf is a Buffalo fan.

No, I don't.

Other than niskie and max making some stupid remark of Joe Thorton is a clutch player now.

Carolina would be in the same boat as Tampa this year.

Anaheim, I don't want to win, because I fear of another Walt Disney moving coming on.

And I live near Buffalo and my gf is a Buffalo fan.

Well, it wouldn't really make sense for the Mighty Ducks to win the Stanley Cup and not defend it against Team Iceland. Obviously, Teemu Selanne isn't Joshua Jackson but I think Emilio Estevez could hold the movie together.