TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lt. Al Giardello

NHL 2006 Playoffs thread...

I love that the Oilers have gotten this far, because I'm all about Canadian and northern teams doing well, but hey Canadian guys, isn't there something Barronesque about supporting the Oilers since the Canadiens went out in round 1, then the Sens in the second?

Only if we go out and buy a $45 Oilers hat, and return it after the playoffs are over. :lol:

Me personally, the Oilers have always been my 2nd favourite team. Plus there's the whole national pride thing.

Either the cameraman forgot to take the lenscap off the camera or I'm blacked out. In south Florida. The game is in Anaheim. What the fuck.

I thought it was much more even than that. Anaheim was the more aggressive team in the third, but that was mostly because of penalty trouble, as you said.

Also, I think Edmonton was content to try and sit on a one-goal lead, knowing their defence was very capable of denying the Ducks many good scoring chances, and Roloson was good enough to keep any chances they did get out of the net. It was the same strategy Buffalo employed against Ottawa after game 1 of that series, to great success.

Anaheim should have played better in Game 1. They kept missing passes and they were only concerned with body checking the Oilers.

My faith is waivering a little bit. It was the first playoff game I went to that they have lost.

According to the LA Times, Marc Crawford is going to be named the head coach of the LA Kings.

:D

Pretty fun game so far. Each team has shown that they can create against the other and it's 2-1 at the second intermission.

Great game today. Buffalo takes it 3-2. Miller is definitely emerging as a star. Somehow, he wasn't good enough to make the Olympic team...

Guest Princess Leena

He definitely was good enough, far better than any US goalie they had on the team at the time... but, I guess they couldn't change the team after picking them so early.

Seven.

I don't think he was hurt per se, just miffed at being left off. His injury had healed already and he was undoubtedly better than Grahame, Esche and DiPietro.

Yeah. I just remember them interviewing him on CBC after the Sens series, asking him if he was getting any extra motivation in the next series by playing against Laviolette, since he was the coach that left him off. I guess maybe he didn't want to give any bulletin board material, but he said he understood why they didn't pick him, because he was still hurt.

Guest Princess Leena

Miller had the broken thumb in November, and was only gone around a month... I don't think they selected the team then.

I guess it was more that Miller wasn't "proven" by then.

Oilers win again. I am completely in heaven right now. Edmonton at times have been completely dominated in the 3rd period and have somehow pulled out a victory. Call me a homer all you want but i really think this team has what it takes right now to win the cup.

To all those who said that Brad Richards was gonna leave the Lightning this summer, he just signed a 5 year 39 million dollar deal to remain with the Bolts.

Guest Felonies!

Not as bad as Brad's bad

say that three times fast. But honestly, I bet he could've commanded some good money. Is he still too young for the Maple Leafs?

I think he was a restricted free agent, anyway, so anyone wanting to sign him would have had to give up the draft picks and whatnot.

In case any Oil fans were in need of some more confidence:

The last time Anaheim won in Edmonton, the greatest concern of Edmontonians was the looming threat of Y2K.

Another things on Richards, I thought the Bolts were tight under the cap after signing Lecavalier and St. Louis last season. How much room are they going to have left or are one of those 2 guys on the way out?

Another things on Richards, I thought the Bolts were tight under the cap after signing Lecavalier and St. Louis last season. How much room are they going to have left or are one of those 2 guys on the way out?

They're going to have to trade Lecavalier or St. Louis. Nobody's trading for St. Louis, so Lecavalier's probably going to be dealt. One of their big 3 has to be dealt for a goalie.

They're going to have to trade Lecavalier or St. Louis. Nobody's trading for St. Louis, so Lecavalier's probably going to be dealt. One of their big 3 has to be dealt for a goalie.

Rumor is right now that Feaster is going to put St. Louis on the market which is more feasible than you might think. St. Louis makes 5.25 mill next year. Yes thats expensive but its tradeable, in fact a St.Louis-Gigeure swap with Anaheim would make a lot of sense since JSG makes 4 mill and Anaheim would only add 1.25 mill to their payroll.

I'm playing fantasy hockey at best here, but:

Lecavalier has expressed wanting to play in Montreal before.

Montreal may have two legit starters in net, (and a WHL MVP in Hamilton), one of which Tampa could use.

Montreal also has 3 million in cap room from the Theodore trade.

Aebischer/Zednik for Lecavalier/Dingman and a pick would thrill me. Zednik has to step up(havent I said that before?) and Dingman would continue to remedy the problem of the Habs' size up front.