TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest NYankees

Comments that which don't warrant a thread

Perez Hilton is a gay gossip blogger whose reputation is to out gay celebrities and ask about gay issues. Again, I'm not saying the question was wrong, given the situation, I think it was more a deliberate attempt by NBC to generate interest. I'm just saying at least she said something. May or may not have been the right thing to say, may or not matter in the end, but considering who asked the question, he was pushing HIS agenda. Just thought it was interesting. No need to make it bigger than it was. I mean Willie Geist could have asked about the economy, and it would mean the same thing since he works for NBC News.

Oh, and my mistake, the thing was Miss USA, not Miss America.

You seemed to think it was noteworthy that he was "put in his place" for "pushing his agenda". He wasn't put in his place, he wasn't pushing an agenda, he was picked because he's popular with little girls, the target audience of Miss USA, which by the way stands for United States of America if you weren't aware, and he asked a legitimate question that should be raised to any american who's supposed to be a role model, his sexual orientation is irrelevant. If it was illegal for white people to get married, and a white person asked Miss USA what she thought about that, is he pushing the white agenda?

You seemed to think it was noteworthy that he was "put in his place" for "pushing his agenda". He wasn't put in his place, he wasn't pushing an agenda, he was picked because he's popular with little girls, the target audience of Miss USA, which by the way stands for United States of America if you weren't aware, and he asked a legitimate question that should be raised to any american who's supposed to be a role model, his sexual orientation is irrelevant. If it was illegal for white people to get married, and a white person asked Miss USA what she thought about that, is he pushing the white agenda?

He was put in his place, the look of contempt in his face indicated that he did not get the answer he was looking for, and expressed it on his blog afterwards when he called her "a dumb bitch."

He even said it on his blog...

"There is no right answer, but there could have been a much better answer!"

I mean, he knew the question would get heat, one way or the other. He set her up from the get-go, and she took the bait and stuck with an answer. Did he really think that she was going to give an eloquent answer that would please everyone? He did it so people like you and me, who would not have cared about this otherwise, have wasted all day talking about it.

And yes, I can completely understand why little girls find him so popular. With his horrible language and constant marking up of celebrities in funny, albeit slightly offensive ways. I'm actually curious to read what you think of his blog. I just started checking it out recently. I haven't bookmarked it or anything, but it's interesting.

A better answer meaning something based on logic and not backwards upbringing. It's called being disappointed in humanity, not being put in your place. This woman is supposed to be a role mode for young girls and all she can offer is 'thats how i was raised'. Awesome, what a wonderful justification for limiting civil liberties, I'm sure no old white person has ever used that same logic to justify racism.

But you also said that Perez Hilton was picked on the panel because "he's popular with little girls." Check out his blog. How is his commentary and behavior any different? At least she didn't swear at anybody, or openly mock fat people. The title of a Jennifer Hudson post reads "How Pregnant does she look?" Seriously. That's what little girls aspire too? The only positive thing he mentions in that post is her handing the microphone to a gay kid.

Which comes back to his sexual orientation, and that it is relevant. It's why he asked the question, it's why he outs people who otherwise did not want to be outed. I'm not saying his agenda is right or wrong, but there is a very clear reason why he asked the question. It's a hot topic and it mattered to him, so he brought it up, didn't get the response he wanted, and went berserk about it on his website. I'm just saying that since everyone is going to bury this girl for being put on the spot and flubbing up an unpopular answer, at least she stood up and said something, which is more than can be said for Hilton, who would rather embarrass people to make a point. He went on MSNBC and buried her again.

The girl was raised a certain way, and that's her fault, I guess. Again, he was looking for too much and had to have known that. People don't just learn tolerance out of nowhere nervous as hell on the stage of a beauty contest in front a few million people. Old white people have had years to get it, they just outright refused. If Hilton was the better of the two, he would not have called someone in her early twenties a "dumb bitch." He just showed that he likes to overreact to a mess that he started. And that's his place.

So this is just about how much you hate Perez Hilton?! Here's a tip, STOP GOING TO HIS BLOG AND TALKING ABOUT HIM AND NETWORKS WILL STOP GIVING HIM WORK. He's a cartoon blogger, he finds just as much success in being disliked as he does in being liked.

His sexual orientation is irrelevant, because he asked a LEGIT question that's a real issue to AMERICANS. Anyone should of asked that question, it's amazing in this day and age that we're discussing civil rights at all so it is by far the most important American topic right now.

And looking for too much and had to know that? You make it sound like he did this investigation into her life and only asked the question because he knew what the answer was gonna be. If he knew what the answer was gonna be, he would of never asked the question.

She shouldn't be credited for "voicing her opinion" because 1, it was a highly unintelligent opinion devoid of any logic, 2, she's competing to be a role model for the young women of this country. We expect her to have an opinion, not just stand there and look pretty.

Show me one post where Hilton claims to be a good person, because I'm quite sure he never has. A women that's competing to be considered the best her country can offer, should not only claim to be a good person, but actually be one.

Seriously what is your issue here? Him? Her? Gay Marriage? You seem to be out for nothing more than an argument, and considering how much of a complete idiot you continue to display yourself as, I gotta say that's really not a bright idea. Maybe that's you just trying to drive it all home.

So this is just about how much you hate Perez Hilton?! Here's a tip, STOP GOING TO HIS BLOG AND TALKING ABOUT HIM AND NETWORKS WILL STOP GIVING HIM WORK. He's a cartoon blogger, he finds just as much success in being disliked as he does in being liked.

His sexual orientation is irrelevant, because he asked a LEGIT question that's a real issue to AMERICANS. Anyone should of asked that question, it's amazing in this day and age that we're discussing civil rights at all so it is by far the most important American topic right now.

And looking for too much and had to know that? You make it sound like he did this investigation into her life and only asked the question because he knew what the answer was gonna be. If he knew what the answer was gonna be, he would of never asked the question.

She shouldn't be credited for "voicing her opinion" because 1, it was a highly unintelligent opinion devoid of any logic, 2, she's competing to be a role model for the young women of this country. We expect her to have an opinion, not just stand there and look pretty.

Show me one post where Hilton claims to be a good person, because I'm quite sure he never has. A women that's competing to be considered the best her country can offer, should not only claim to be a good person, but actually be one.

Seriously what is your issue here? Him? Her? Gay Marriage? You seem to be out for nothing more than an argument, and considering how much of a complete idiot you continue to display yourself as, I gotta say that's really not a bright idea. Maybe that's you just trying to drive it all home.

I was making a point, you are the one who is pushing this argument. And again, with the personal insults...

1. All of the stuff I got from his blog was in one half hour of viewing. I'm sure there are many more examples, but I won't continue to go to the blog. It's a total waste of time.

2. His orientation is EXACTLY why he asked the question. Not once did I say it was illegitimate, but there was a clear reason why he asked the question. If someone else had asked the question, I would still defend her as at least saying something. The fact that he asked it and he looked shocked at the response made it more satisfying. What did he think a twenty-something blond was going to say? Good for her for not giving in.

3. Watch the clip, as soon as his name was mentioned for a question, the presenter said "uh oh," to which Hilton replied, "You should be afraid." He was a shark swimming for blood. He was looking to stir something up. And he's been doing this for years. He asked the question because he knew that something would come out of it.

4. Why shouldn't she be credited for "voicing her opinion?" There are a lot of people in this country that AGREE with her, which is why only FOUR states allow gay marriage. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but if anything, she went for the popular opinion (one that people VOTED for), and was still burned. At least she stood her ground.

5. You are right, Hilton is not a good person. Which is why I'm glad she said what she did and threw right back in his face. Yes, I would have been much more happy if she just brushed him off. The fault actually goes to NBC for letting this clown judge a beauty contest.

6. As I said in the first post, my problem is Hilton. I don't really care about gay marriage, or the beauty contest. But Hilton went looking for an agenda, and got burned as a result when he didn't get what wanted. It's the total lack of accountability checks that allows this retard to continue being a blight on society.

I love how Christianity seems to be the only faith that is mocked in this country, or really any other, while many others seem to be so openly accepted and unquestioned. By following her faith and what she believes, she is being a good person. Just because what she believes conflicts with what you believe does not make her a bad person. In Corinthians 6:9 - 11 of the bible, it states - "Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God." She is a Christian, therefore that is what she believes.

I'm not trying to start a spiritual war with anyone, and frankly I believe that everyone is entitled to their own beliefs and opinions. I just have a problem when people start bashing someone for openly stating their religious beliefs and standing behind them. I hate to bring a TV show into a serious discussion, but they had it right on South Park I suppose: "Logic and reason aren't enough: You also have to be a dick to everyone who doesn't think like you."

You being an idiot isn't a personal attack, after what you've said here and in the NBA playoff's thread it is undeniable fact.

1. You can be on a website for 1 second you still count as a hit, and his hits are the reason he's getting gigs at NBC. Thank yourself.

2. Yes, in the same way a guy with one leg would ask what she thought about people with disabilities. It was a legitimate, fair question that has way more to do with the fact that she's Miss America and it's an issue in America than it had to do with it being a question about gay people and him being gay. Falling back on "well he's gay that's why he asked" is not accepting the legitimacy of the question and why it was asked.

3. Yeah because compared to the other questions it does seem like a "tough question". But it's not. He wasn't looking to stir something up he was looking for intelligence in a women that's supposed to be the best we can offer. If the rest of the questions had anywhere near the relevance and required the same thought, it wouldn't of been a deal at all. But you sandwich a meaningful question in between "How can we make all people smile?" and "What would you do with a million dollars" and suddenly it seems shocking.

4. She was credited for it. She said it, everyone knows she said it, the end. No one's going to celebrate an opinion that's based in the thoughtless passing of tradition and an isolated upbringing. She didn't go for the popular opinion, the popular answer would of been "All people should have equal rights." Considering today she said that question COST her the title it's safe to say that wasn't the popular answer among people making the decision.

5. What did she throw in his face!? She said something stupid and he looked disappointed that someone with a chance to make a difference to young people decided to fall back on a logic-less thought process that's STILL responsible for racism in this country. She didn't throw anything in his face. He gave her a chance to prove these girls aren't just inbred barbie dolls, and she failed.

6. NBC hired him, NBC knows who he is and what he's about. If it was 1950 and a black guy went on TV and asked about civil rights, yeah, I'm sure him being black was a reason, but to label it "agenda" and suggest it's not an issue that affects ALL OF US, is asinine. This is a civil rights issue, not a gay issue. Him being a person had more to do with the question than him being a gay person. He didn't get "burned". She didn't "serve him", which I'm assuming is your next choice of words. He asked a question and she gave a shitty answer. How is that burning him?

If you think he's a blight on society, stop going to his blog and stop talking about him. His success isn't based on people liking him, it's on people talking about him. So congrats for contributing even more to his success.

Haws, if one of the major tenants of my religion was to rape children, and I used that as my justification for raping children, is that ok? No. Any religion that limits the rights of people not associated with that religion is no longer under the protection of "personal beliefs". Personal beliefs don't affect other people, they affect you.

If every christian simply used that as a means to not be gay themselves, fine, but to use it as reasoning for telling other people what they can and cannot do is crossing the line.

If Perez Hilton was a Christian blogger (instead of a gay blogger) who went on a beauty contest and asked her about gay marriage, and she said that she supported it (rather than opposed it), to which said blogger went to his blog and condemned her to hell (instead of calling her a 'dumb bitch'), then voted to make sure that she could not win, I would support her all the way. People can be motivated by personal reasons to push an agenda. It's why he does what he does. I never said it as an excuse, but it's not like he's a reporter asking a question.

Would a credible news reporter EVER preface his question in a press conference with "You should be afraid?" And the North Carolina girl was asked about the economy, which is also relevant, but a much softer issue since people don't actually get to vote on it.

As I mentioned in my first post, I totally think NBC set this up, and has pretty much gotten away with it. And agenda is not always negative. But there was a purpose to his question outside of judging character. NBC could have stopped it right there by telling him not to ask the question, but they did not. Then he could rip NBC, instead of humiliating this girl.

And he is just one (albeit one of the more popular) examples of the lack of credibility of bloggers. No one really reads the TSM forums anyway, so I doubt that I am contributing to his success outside of keeping you in the thread all day.

And unless you can prove that I have the mental capacity of a three-year old, or an IQ under 25, it's not an "undeniable fact" that I am in idiot, unless your intention was to insult me.

You're taking a blogger to task after admitting you've been to his site. You've made horrible predictions based on what can only be called bias in the NBA thread. You sir, are an idiot.

How is it not like a reporter asking a question? She's competing for Miss USA, one of the biggest issues in the USA is gay marriage. If a reporter goes to a hurricane site and asks someone what they think about hurricanes, it's not because he's pushing the 'anti-hurricane' agenda. What should he ask them, how they feel about tacos?

And yes, a reporter would preface his question with that if every question asked before and after were fluffy softballs, especially if they were on a TV show and the only goal was to keep people watching.

Where was the purpose beyond judging her character? Are you suggest Perez's intentions from the outset were to embarrass this girl, and NBC was ok with it? What point are you epically failing to make here, because I'm just not seeing it. He asked a relevant question to a person who's trying to be a role-model to young american girls. The sole purpose being to judge her character.

And no, you contributed to his success the second you took issue with his question. the second you ran to his blog to see what the big gay meanie was all about. If you want to stop the evil Perez Hilton and his gay-agenda, stop talking about him, and don't go to his site. It's really that simple.

Again, find me physical proof that my IQ is less than 25, and I'll concede that I am an idiot. Until then, please stop calling me one.

A credible reporter might say that he will ask a tough question, but Perez's attitude and facial reactions indicated that he was going to ask a question, and wanted the girl to be scared while she answered it.

And I think that NBC was ok with it, because they brought him back to TV right after it happened, and Perez accomplished his goal in getting attention, just not the kind that he wanted. A lot of people have been ripping him for asking the question, and even more for taking credit for costing her the crown.

And you've been "calling" me out for supposedly not backing up my claims, so I went to his site to get evidence, and I saw the videos, and you turn around and claim that I am contributing to his success. Am I supposed to be ignorant to what he's doing? I felt that I needed to call him out for what his completely irresponsible behavior, but in doing so, you think that's supporting him instead. I am very confused as to what point you are trying to make.

Asking an important question is irresponsible behavior? She's competing to be a role model to children, it's not irresponsible to ask her about an issue that will affect those same children. Some might even call it RESPONSIBLE. Your own perception of his facial expressions is beyond irrelevant.

He's not taking credit for costing her the crown, she's blaming the question for it. She gave him the credit, he didn't just up and claim it.

He's a blogger, his success is entirely dependent on the amount of people who visit the site. You made that number bigger. Piecing together the rest should be easy, even for an idiot.

Oh and physical proof your IQ is lower than 25, I've been reading it for days now. It's the mess of words that appears next to your name.

Hilton displayed his irresponsible behavior in the reaction to the answer and the comments on his blog. He claimed the questioned cost her the crown, which he would know since he had a vote. She only admitted to it after he did.

I went to the site to get the information I needed to show his bad behavior. He can take the one hit and enjoy it, but I actually appreciated the question he asked until I saw the video and his subsequent reaction. He was not asking that question for benevolent means.

And if you truly have a problem with my posts, then please follow your own advice to me and stop reading them. There is a way to block yourself from seeing my posts.

It's more important to humanity for me to keep pointing out how stupid you are, it's like putting a warning label on cigarettes.

His blog is entirely based on shock value and gossip, how the one mature thing the man may have ever done is "irresponsible" is something that you can say, sure, but you're failing hard on explaining why. What was irresponsible about it? Definition and examples please, don't just keep saying it in hopes it'll magically come true.

Benevolent means? IT'S A QUESTION ABOUT AMERICA TO MISS AMERICA. This isn't time to pull out big words and hope they mean something, he was entirely justified in the question and his reaction. Calling her a "dumb bitch" on his blog is surely immature but by no means out of character for a man who's famous for knowing a slut and having pink hair.

It's more important to humanity for me to keep pointing out how stupid you are, it's like putting a warning label on cigarettes.

His blog is entirely based on shock value and gossip, how the one mature thing the man may have ever done is "irresponsible" is something that you can say, sure, but you're failing hard on explaining why. What was irresponsible about it? Definition and examples please, don't just keep saying it in hopes it'll magically come true.

Benevolent means? IT'S A QUESTION ABOUT AMERICA TO MISS AMERICA. This isn't time to pull out big words and hope they mean something, he was entirely justified in the question and his reaction. Calling her a "dumb bitch" on his blog is surely immature but by no means out of character for a man who's famous for knowing a slut and having pink hair.

He called her a "dumb bitch." How is that NOT irresponsible? Total lack of objectivity at that point. There's more on the blog, but I do not want to give the impression that I am "supporting" him.

The MSNBC interview. That's where he said that she cost herself the crown, then proceeded to claim that her answer alienated Americans. How does a question like that NOT alienate a certain amount of the population? Like I said, there was no way she could answer that question and not get into trouble. He even said that the President is elected with a party affiliation. And she's not supposed to have one? If Hilton did not want to create a situation like that, then do not ask the question. Oh, and he admitted that he also wanted to call her the "c-word" but didn't. On national TV, no less. Then he rips the interview she did where she says that her sister is a gay rights activist, to which he snidely says "bless her heart." And this was the day after, when he could have calmed things down. Instead, he made them worse.

And I thank you for calling me "stupid." I do think that at times I can be a terrific person.

I had no problem with the question, as I have said over and over. My problem is with the person who asked it and his motives for asking it. Yes, this could have a moment of rare clarity out of the guy, but he dropped the ball and showed his true colors, and she stood firm. I liked that. The heat should entirely be on him, not her.

Because he called her a dumb bitch on his blog, which is as popular as it is because of immature, inflammatory remarks like that. He has no responsibility there than to be whoever he chooses to be, and his success will be determined by how people react to him. Go ahead and pat yourself on the back for that now.

And it shouldn't alienate american's because it's a CIVIL RIGHTS issue. All americans should be invested in the rights of their fellow man, the only people saying "I believe we should all have equal rights" would alienate is people who don't believe in civil rights. They should be alienated.

And are you seriously comparing a presidential election to the crowning of Miss USA. To quote an idiot I was talking to recently, "aren't these girls just supposed to stand there and look hot in a bikini"?

He asked a legitimate question, and regardless of who he is or what's happened since, it was not an irresponsible question and he didn't get "put in his place". Which brings us right back to you being an idiot.

Because he called her a dumb bitch on his blog, which is as popular as it is because of immature, inflammatory remarks like that. He has no responsibility there than to be whoever he chooses to be, and his success will be determined by how people react to him. Go ahead and pat yourself on the back for that now.

And it shouldn't alienate american's because it's a CIVIL RIGHTS issue. All americans should be invested in the rights of their fellow man, the only people saying "I believe we should all have equal rights" would alienate is people who don't believe in civil rights. They should be alienated.

And are you seriously comparing a presidential election to the crowning of Miss USA. To quote an idiot I was talking to recently, "aren't these girls just supposed to stand there and look hot in a bikini"?

He asked a legitimate question, and regardless of who he is or what's happened since, it was not an irresponsible question and he didn't get "put in his place". Which brings us right back to you being an idiot.

Nothing on his blog indicates any sort of respectable credibility to be the judge of a beauty contest. He doesn't write articles, or give compelling interviews. His popularity there got him the spot, and that's just sad. That's my point.

Not every American agrees with gay marriage. That's my point. I don't care one way or the other where you or anyone else stands on the issue, but she was asked about it, and she answered.

I did not make the comparison to the presidential election. HE did. Watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klT0aSRTuDQ at the 1:07 mark. I was pointing out that assuming that Miss USA cannot have a political view is just silly, since that's what he was looking for when he asked his own question. Which does bring back to "hot girls in bikinis" remark. He can ask for their opinion, but to turn around and hang them out to dry because of it is hypocritical and irresponsible. He got what he deserved.

I said his behavior was irresponsible, there was nothing wrong with the question. She answered and put him in his place, since it's coming out that he asked that question to start something.

Nothing on his blog indicates any sort of respectable credibility to be the judge of a beauty contest. He doesn't write articles, or give compelling interviews. His popularity there got him the spot, and that's just sad. That's my point.

So direct all these retard complaints to NBC, the company that hired him. You said your issue was with HIM.

Not every American agrees with gay marriage. That's my point. I don't care one way or the other where you or anyone else stands on the issue, but she was asked about it, and she answered.

And....? Her answer was unintelligent and led to her not winning. Where are you losing that point?

I did not make the comparison to the presidential election. HE did. Watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klT0aSRTuDQ at the 1:07 mark. I was pointing out that assuming that Miss USA cannot have a political view is just silly, since that's what he was looking for when he asked his own question. Which does bring back to "hot girls in bikinis" remark. He can ask for their opinion, but to turn around and hang them out to dry because of it is hypocritical and irresponsible. He got what he deserved.

What did he get? Newspaper articles, people talking about it and surely a ton of more hits on his blog. You must really like the guy to think he deserved all that.

I said his behavior was irresponsible, there was nothing wrong with the question. She answered and put him in his place, since it's coming out that he asked that question to start something.

From you...

I felt that I needed to call him out for what his completely irresponsible behavior

You took issue with him asking the question at all, so when you "called him out" you did it over the question. What was irresponsible about the question?

And how did she put him in his place!? What is his place, how was he removed from it, and how did she then replace him there with her answer? Do you know what put in your place means?

He asked a question, she gave a shitty answer, it cost her the crown. Suggesting she achieved something or 'put him in his place' when it's been nothing but beneficial for him, is why I'm calling you an idiot.

I did blame NBC as well (I think they wanted this), but it's mostly on him.

He's been getting a lot of heat for stirring this up. The MSNBC reporter went after him. Most of the reaction I've heard has been ripping him. He deserves a lot worse.

And yes, I took issue with HIM asking the question, not with the question itself. As I have said over and over, nothing irresponsible about the question, it's the man who asked it and the network that condoned it.

He did not get the answer he wanted, and basically shut up after that. He was put in his place. Like asking for a Christmas gift of an answer, and instead, got some humble pie. Yes, Perez, there are people who do not think the same way you do. Get over it. Then he went overboard trying to save face and went nuts on his blog and in the press. He used his vote to help make sure that she would not win. She didn't lose because of a bad answer, there was no right or wrong answer here, as much as you would like to think otherwise. She lost because she was presented with an impossible situation that she could not get out of. Any answer, and she would have lost.

How would you have responded to the question?

Go back and read your first post. You didn't even mention NBC. And no it's not mostly on him, NBC knew who he was and knew they had to have something to make people talk about what's becoming an out-dated tradition most of americans don't care about. If you have an issue with that simply happening, your issue is with NBC.

He didn't get the answer, and shut up after that? No he didn't, he did TALK SHOW ROUNDS and has gained added exposure because of it. At this point it's getting closer to 'making his career' than putting him in his place.

It's not an impossible situation, she didn't have to say "I think BUTT sex is awesome" to convey equal rights for all. She presented an uneducated, religion based answer that was a let down to anyone expecting something of merit and intelligence from one of these girls, most notably, the man who asked the question. It wasn't a trap, it was a legit question that had many different answers, she chose the worst one.

It's not that hard, "I believe we all deserve equal rights." It's vague, cookie-cutter and something everyone can agree with. Instead she regurgitated the same rhetoric we hear from every bigoted pundit.

So to recap, it's been great for the career of the man who was "put in his place", and ended up costing the girl who "did the right thing" the crown. Yeah, that sounds about right. May I refer you to the dictionary, look for the word next to your picture, it's between idiosyncrasy and idol.

Go back and read your first post. You didn't even mention NBC. And no it's not mostly on him, NBC knew who he was and knew they had to have something to make people talk about what's becoming an out-dated tradition most of americans don't care about. If you have an issue with that simply happening, your issue is with NBC.

He didn't get the answer, and shut up after that? No he didn't, he did TALK SHOW ROUNDS and has gained added exposure because of it. At this point it's getting closer to 'making his career' than putting him in his place.

It's not an impossible situation, she didn't have to say "I think BUTT sex is awesome" to convey equal rights for all. She presented an uneducated, religion based answer that was a let down to anyone expecting something of merit and intelligence from one of these girls, most notably, the man who asked the question. It wasn't a trap, it was a legit question that had many different answers, she chose the worst one.

It's not that hard, "I believe we all deserve equal rights." It's vague, cookie-cutter and something everyone can agree with. Instead she regurgitated the same rhetoric we hear from every bigoted pundit.

So to recap, it's been great for the career of the man who was "put in his place", and ended up costing the girl who "did the right thing" the crown. Yeah, that sounds about right. May I refer you to the dictionary, look for the word next to your picture, it's between idiosyncrasy and idol.

Based on the "fame" that he's been getting, I'd say it was a trap. I think it was mostly a set-up by him, NBC's fault was that they let it happen, that's all. I mentioned that later. I think he was trying to use Miss USA to champion gay rights (which the runner-up may end up doing anyway in response to this), but instead, he looks like a fool for his actions. Hilton was silent after that response. He exploded after the show, when he felt he had to retaliate.

And that's a good answer, the equal rights thing. Let's see you say that after being on stage for three hours on a national TV show, after a lifetime of a Christian upbringing. And you said it yourself, that response would have been skewed as well because it's "vague" and "cookie-cutter."

And it has not been so great for Hilton. From an article at http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/04/21/m...o_n_189430.html (there's a video there, too.)

Miss California Carrie Prejean says she prays for Miss USA judge blogger Perez Hilton.

On MSNBC's 9 AM hour Tuesday, the beauty contestant, who may have won had it none been for her answer to Hilton's question about gay marriage, also said she's sorry for him.

After Tamron Hall played a clip of Perez defending his remarks that Prejean is "a bitch" and "the c word," she asked Miss California what she thought of his attacks.

"I can only say to him that I will be praying for him. I feel sorry for him, I really do," Prejean said. "I think he's angry, I think he's hurt. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion. He asked me specifically what my opinion was on that subject and I gave him an honest answer."

She also said she has been surprised at the support she has gotten since Sunday's Miss USA pageant and the lack of hate she has received.

Her sister, the gay rights activist, also backs her up completely.

“She was just in my hotel room and she said, ‘Sis, I’m not offended by anything that you said. We have two different opinions and I love you because of it. I love you because you stood up for what was right, and it’s not a matter of being gay or not gay, it’s a matter of you competing for Miss USA and getting a question and answering it to the best of your ability.”

Seems to me that your problem is more with America, not with me. I'm just glad that she took a stand against a bully. Yes, even gay people can be just as mean and insincere as racists.

There are a lot of words between idiosyncrasy and idol. I'm assuming you mean I'm idiothermic...?

Based on the "fame" that he's been getting, I'd say it was a trap. I think it was mostly a set-up by him, NBC's fault was that they let it happen, that's all. I mentioned that later. I think he was trying to use Miss USA to champion gay rights (which the runner-up may end up doing anyway in response to this), but instead, he looks like a fool for his actions. Hilton was silent after that response. He exploded after the show, when he felt he had to retaliate.

How is it a trap!? If he knew what her response was gonna be, why was he silent? Wouldn't he of had something to respond with? It was NBC's forum, he was silent because he was being respectful to the network. That's why immediately following it, he went to his forum, and shared his opinion. You didn't take issue with him calling her names on his blog, you took issue with the fact that the question was even asked. If it's a fault of anyone's, it's NBC, not him. Considering the amount of gay folk involved with pageants maybe she could of simply used common sense to realize saying anything negative about gay people could hinder her chances. Of course you'd have to ignore the fact that no matter who asked it, IT WAS A LEGITIMATE QUESTION.

And that's a good answer, the equal rights thing. Let's see you say that after being on stage for three hours on a national TV show, after a lifetime of a Christian upbringing. And you said it yourself, that response would have been skewed as well because it's "vague" and "cookie-cutter."

Yeah because no one expects cookie-cutter responses from Miss USA.... do you read what you post? It wouldn't of been skewed at all because it's an opinion based in good will and only evil people have a problem with answers based in good will.

And it has not been so great for Hilton. From an article at http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/04/21/m...o_n_189430.html (there's a video there, too.)

HE'S A BLOGGER. Any and all talk about him is good for him, it leads to hits on his website which leads to revenue from advertising, and more networks who want to work with the most recognizable blogger there is. Something tells me an article from the huffington post about her saying she's gonna "pray for him" isn't exactly ruining his career. Seriously, can you manage one point without saying something retarded?

Seems to me that your problem is more with America, not with me. I'm just glad that she took a stand against a bully. Yes, even gay people can be just as mean and insincere as racists.

HE WAS NOT BEING A BULLY BY ASKING THE QUESTION. My problem is with the idiot who seems to think it was anything but a fair and legitimate question.

And I'm astonished you know anything about the dictionary considering you don't understand words like put, in and place. I meant idiot by the way, because you are an idiot. Hope that clears things up.

I've said multiple times it was a legit question. If Andrew Sullivan had asked it, I would not have a problem with it, because he would have a far more responsible and civil reply to her answer. The problem was the source. I did not have a problem with the whole thing at the start other than the fact that he acted like he wanted to take a swing with the whole "you should be afraid" line. And how is that not acting like a bully? If he had any sort of class, just ask the question, smile at the answer, and move on. But he did not. And that's when I had to give ups to the girl for standing her ground.

And the religious right would have been all over that response you gave. They do live in America. Just ask haws bah gawd.

And I did not say anything retarded. I'm showing that all the fame you think he's getting is not exactly doing him any favors right now. It's just one example of many, but since it's from me, you believe it is invalid. I'm quoting sources and showing video evidence here (It was actually from an MSNBC show).

I've said multiple times it was a legit question.

No, you've referred to it as a trap by a bully numerous times now.

If Andrew Sullivan had asked it, I would not have a problem with it, because he would have a far more responsible and civil reply to her answer.

The only job is to ask the question and listen to her answer, not reply back. That's why Perez was quiet and later, on his terms, discussed it. If Andrew Sullivan's entire career was based on gossiping and shocking people, he would of went on his blog later on and said something. Because that's what they do.

The problem was the source. I did not have a problem with the whole thing at the start other than the fact that he acted like he wanted to take a swing with the whole "you should be afraid" line.

It's called hyping the TV show you're on, giving people a reason to not change the channel. The 'you should be afraid' was for anyone expecting another easy question that required little-to-no thought.

And how is that not acting like a bully? If he had any sort of class, just ask the question, smile at the answer, and move on. But he did not. And that's when I had to give ups to the girl for standing her ground.

Yes, the gay man should smile at the lady who thinks he doesn't have rights. Are you fucking serious? The man should be applauded for not calling her a dumb bitch on the telecast itself. He asked the question, got the answer, and when he felt like talking about it he did it on HIS SITE. She didn't stand her ground, because she wasn't being attacked. I'm pretty sure she still has her lunch money and I don't seem to remember him giving her a wedgie.

And the religious right would have been all over that response you gave. They do live in America. Just ask haws bah gawd.

Yeah, I can see christians everywhere condemning her for suggesting we're all equal. Doesn't she know black men are only 3/5th's a person? If she said "gays should be able to do whatever they want wherever they want and I just signed an endorsement deal with KY", yeah, I'm sure they'd get upset. Anyone who gets upset over suggesting all humans are equal is surely gonna keep that mindset to themselves, especially in America.

And I did not say anything retarded.

"She stood her ground and put him in his place." That would be wrong on enough levels to qualify as retardation. The rest is just icing on the big dumb cake.

I'm showing that all the fame you think he's getting is not exactly doing him any favors right now.

HE'S A BLOGGER. Any and all talk about him is doing him a favor. If NBC put out an article about how he was secretly Hitler, all the people rushing to his website to call him a nazi bastard would just be doing him a favor. His entire career is based on talking about crap people will be interested enough in to go to his site. This is slowly becoming his crowning achievement.

It's just one example of many, but since it's from me, you believe it is invalid. I'm quoting sources and showing video evidence here (It was actually from an MSNBC show).

No, no, no. I'm not saying it's invalid because it's from you, although at this point that's more than enough. I'm saying it's invalid BECAUSE IT IS INVALID. He wasn't "put in his place", she didn't "stand her ground" when "attacked" by a "bully". A man NBC hired for this exact reason asked a legit question, he was disappointed in the answer and said as much on his blog. The fucking end. Any other "uproar" comes from people like you who seem to think that everything but the question is newsworthy.

Yes, the gay man should smile at the lady who thinks he doesn't have rights. Are you fucking serious? The man should be applauded for not calling her a dumb bitch on the telecast itself. He asked the question, got the answer, and when he felt like talking about it he did it on HIS SITE

He called her the "c-word" later on MSNBC. I guess you can applaud that if you would like to.

No, you've referred to it as a trap by a bully numerous times now.

It's like a cop holding a gun to a robber holding the same gun. Same weapon, different intent.

If Andrew Sullivan's entire career was based on gossiping and shocking people, he would of went on his blog later on and said something. Because that's what they do.

So you are agreeing with me that that was his intent, to shock people? Then how is that not a trap question?

Doesn't she know black men are only 3/5th's a person?

I don't know. You should ask her and get back to me on that. I am curious as to what she has to say.

That would be wrong on enough levels to qualify as retardation

I guess the next time someone stands up for what they believe in, I should call them retarded as well. I honestly did not know that only dumb people could do that, I'm sorry.

HE'S A BLOGGER. Any and all talk about him is doing him a favor. If NBC put out an article about how he was secretly Hitler, all the people rushing to his website to call him a nazi bastard would just be doing him a favor. His entire career is based on talking about crap people will be interested enough in to go to his site. This is slowly becoming his crowning achievement.

Are you happy that he is doing this? Do you think that it is right? Does it justify what he does and how he does it?

I'm not saying it's invalid because it's from you, although at this point that's more than enough.

Then I was right before, and we can just end this now.

The fucking end

I think we can both agree on this.

Perez Hilton is a fat, unintelligent man who's made a career off of knowing people rather than working or having a trade or providing a service. He seems to think the world revolves around Hollywood and a life without people to talk about and judge isn't a life worth leading.

And yet through this thread, I've been assured that he is nowhere near the level of stupid or inflammatory as you are. You throw out something stupid hoping someone will bite and when they do you end up falling back on "well at least we're discussing it". No, we were discussing it, and now we're discussing how dumb you are, which seems to happen where ever you post.

His intentions with his BLOG and career are to shock people. His intentions with THAT QUESTION was hoping to get an intelligent response from someone who's trying to be a role model. Everything after the fact is just him trying, and clearly succeeding, to get people to talk about him. This wasn't her simply "standing up for what she believes in", he never judged her beliefs on the show or asked her to further explain them. She gave an answer, he didn't like and said so later on in different forums. You know what Perez believes in? Being gay and calling people names, so he's done nothing but stand up for his beliefs too. But I'm sure he'll find his way into a few more newspapers because people like you would rather look at the fat gay man in the situation rather than the actual topic.

Perez Hilton is a fat, unintelligent man who's made a career off of knowing people rather than working or having a trade or providing a service. He seems to think the world revolves around Hollywood and a life without people to talk about and judge isn't a life worth leading.

And yet through this thread, I've been assured that he is nowhere near the level of stupid or inflammatory as you are. You throw out something stupid hoping someone will bite and when they do you end up falling back on "well at least we're discussing it". No, we were discussing it, and now we're discussing how dumb you are, which seems to happen where ever you post.

His intentions with his BLOG and career are to shock people. His intentions with THAT QUESTION was hoping to get an intelligent response from someone who's trying to be a role model. Everything after the fact is just him trying, and clearly succeeding, to get people to talk about him. This wasn't her simply "standing up for what she believes in", he never judged her beliefs on the show or asked her to further explain them. She gave an answer, he didn't like and said so later on in different forums. You know what Perez believes in? Being gay and calling people names, so he's done nothing but stand up for his beliefs too. But I'm sure he'll find his way into a few more newspapers because people like you would rather look at the fat gay man in the situation rather than the actual topic.

So you agree with me that Hilton is not as smart as he screams he is. I questioned his credibility from the beginning.

And I've been keeping count. There are at least 7 instances in this thread where you have called me an idiot, 2 instances where you have called me retarded, and at least 3 instances where you have called me stupid. Not once have I questioned your intelligence or called you a name, and have tried to bring forth a worthwhile discussion. I've mentioned numerous sources, and you've dismissed every one, only to retreat back into calling me names. I've said all along, that Hilton could have been the better man and not reacted the way he did. But he didn't, and neither have you. In this thread or any other thread that you followed me too. If you really think that I do not belong here, stop calling me names, block me or ask a moderator to ban me. But I meant every word I've said, I stand by that all the way.

I'm glad you mean everything you say, it helps me take you seriously when you slowly back away from those stances in the face of fact. I'm not calling you names because I hope it hurts your feelings, I'm calling you names because you're fitting the description.

Sources are great, when they work as examples or help your point. Your examples were useless, and didn't do anything for your point if they even had a point in the first place.

I never said you don't belong here, but whenever you post something as retarded as "the jazz will sweep the lakers!" or "she sure put that guy in his place" I'm gonna act like a warning label and explain otherwise. Don't get all warm and fuzzy though, I do it for every 'special needs poster'.