TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gert T

The 2006 NFL Draft Thread

Can you say "bust"? Vince Young is no Steve McNair.

Jet fans will riot when they don't take Leinart, even though he'd be a bust for them. Take Ferguson and be done with it, or call up N.O. and ask who they want, and how much you need to pay for Bush.

I really hope they just take Leinart so we can get the USC love over with already.

Nope, they took Young. So I guess Billy Volek is starting at quarterback for a year or two.

I have no problem with the pick, he's got the ability to be either great or Randall Cunningham which isn't so bad sometimes.

Jet fans want Matt, they will take Matt and everyone will have made decent picks.

Guest Smues

If Leinhart goes pro last year he's likely the #1 pick. So the question is does he regret staying at USC for a year, or does he not care because he had fun and will still make a shitload of money? I tend to think he probably has no regrets.

OT: MI3 looks like it's going to be a disaster...

Tom Cruise is off his fucking rocker to begin with and I don't tend to put "Phillip Seymour Hoffman" and "action film" in the same sentence.

I whole heartedly agree. I look at Hoffman and see the annoying fuck from Red Dragon, not some evil genius.

Everytime I see him I remember him as the guy who "sharted" in Along Came Polly. Not exactly evil genius either.

Sorry about being off topic.

Tom Cruise is off his fucking rocker to begin with and I don't tend to put "Phillip Seymour Hoffman" and "action film" in the same sentence.

I whole heartedly agree. I look at Hoffman and see the annoying fuck from Red Dragon, not some evil genius.

I see Hoffman, as one of the best actors of this generation who has an excellent catalouge of performences. However, he isn't the first I think of for evil villian. I perfer him in the dramatic conflicted roles because he is great at it. I mean seriously, his track record speaks for itself.

ON-TOPIC

Young goes to Tennessee.

I'm not knocking Hoffman's dramatic chops, which he's mainly showed in PT Anderson films like Boogie Nights.

However, I just don't see him as an action guy yet.

This COULD be a Jamie Foxx thing though, as I didn't buy Foxx as an action guy until Mann put him in Collateral.

Jets are on the clock!

TIME FOR THE COMEDY PORTION OF TONIGHTS PROGRAM!!

Naw, the comedy will start when the Vikings are officially on the clock.

Guest Smues

Everytime I see him I remember him as the guy who "sharted" in Along Came Polly. Not exactly evil genius either.

Sorry about being off topic.

Bitching about MI:3 is more entertaining than listening to the ESPN crew. And probably more on topic than talking about Bush long after he's drafted.

Guest Vitamin X

Jets should take Brick or Leinart. Though Brick would be a better choice.

Maybe they'll take someone like Vernon Davis or something and we can see another great Jets fan reaction.

If Leinhart goes pro last year he's likely the #1 pick. So the question is does he regret staying at USC for a year, or does he not care because he had fun and will still make a shitload of money? I tend to think he probably has no regrets.

If he goes to NYC, he'll have more endorsement deals, he'll be in the nightlife he loves, and he'll be the quaterback face of NY football.

If he went out last year, he'd been getting killed in San Fran. I think Matt is just fine if he goes to the Jets.

LeinART. Where do people get this Hart from? Anyways, the man banged some of the hottest girls in all of America, was a hollywood star, and is a media darling. I'm sure he's also happy that he probably ends up in Oakland (his favorite team) or Arizona where he has options to throw at. Better then ending up at SF with nothing. or NYC, which has all the things he likes.

LeinART. Where do people get this Hart from?

Wrestling fans. Can't expect anything better.

They'll take Brick.

They should and the Jet fans will bitch and moan and boo him. And god, I went back to ESPN for five seconds and they are ALL about, "draft what you don't need! You can't win, you suck so get stars!"

And can you imagine how the Saint fans will react if they trade Bush? It'll look like the hurricane hit again. Bush isn't moving, the Jets might be able to grab Deuce before they get Bush.

If the Jets take Brick, the fans will revolt.

Which is why the Jets fans are widely regarded as not knowing shit about football. A 10-12 year LT is better than a pretty boy QB who can't throw in Northeast conditions and will be booed every time he underthrows a 10 yard out in November/December by his 2nd or 3rd year.

Guest Vitamin X

HAHAH YES!

Go Pack, take Hawk while he's still there.

And surprisingly, the Jets fans are happy with Da Brick.