TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Urban Warfare

NCAA Football 07

OK, I've played about 15 seasons on various NCAA incarnations and I don't remember anyone with a losing record making a bowl. When they do the projections, they don't factor it in (which teams have winning records), but at the end of the year, if you have a losing record, you're out.

Also, seeing all the 6-5 mid-majors get in wasn't that unrealistic as I remember a season (maybe 2004?), where only one team in all of college football had a winning record and still missed the postseason.

OK, I've played about 15 seasons on various NCAA incarnations and I don't remember anyone with a losing record making a bowl. When they do the projections, they don't factor it in (which teams have winning records), but at the end of the year, if you have a losing record, you're out.

Also, seeing all the 6-5 mid-majors get in wasn't that unrealistic as I remember a season (maybe 2004?), where only one team in all of college football had a winning record and still missed the postseason.

Yeah, that was 2004. Akron (with current Browns QB Charlie Frye at the helm) went 6-5 and was the only bowl-eligible team to not get in. It was kinda ridiculous that some very mediocre MAC teams got into bowls just because there were spots to fill. Just a year before Northern Illinois went 10-2 and didn't get a bowl game. I guess timing is everything.

Anyway, I believe the rule is that teams have to have at least 6 wins and be above .500 to be eligible for bowl games. The makers of NCAA should know that.

Guest Princess Leena

I've seen it a few times where a below-.500 team from a power conference makes the Fort Worth Bowl, or whatever. It is very rare, though.

The 6-5 mid-majors is unrealistic when they're passing 8-3 power teams for the at-large spots. For whatever reason, NCAA 2006 really loved putting the MAC into bowls, whenever possible.

The most annoying "glitch" is that if you were Top 4 in the AP rankings, but weren't Top 4 in the BCS rankings, you'd never go to a bowl, no matter what... also happened if you were Top 2 in the rankings, and didn't qualify for the title game. Which seemed to happen often as an independent, which I usually played as.

Stolen from the Game FAQ forums -- some random player ratings.

QB

Brady Quinn - 97

Troy Smith - 95 (80 speed)

Drew Tate - 93

JD Booty - 86

Nate Longshore - 86

Mark Sanchez - 84

RB

Adrian Peterson - 97

Marshawn Lynch - 95

Michael Bush - 93

Darius Walker - 92

Tyrone Moss - 89

WR

Jeff Samardzija - 96 (90 speed)

Dwayne Jarrett - 95

Sidney Rice - 93

Ted Ginn - 93 (99 speed)

Calvin Johnson - 92

Steve Smith - 91

Desean Jackson - 88

Damn straight Peterson has the highest RB rating.

Anyway I'm really psyched about this one now. I just finished up a dynasty on NCAA 06 and decided to permanently retire that one and wait until 07 comes out.

So, the 360 will be missing 1AA teams, All-Time teams, Stadium Pulse, the home field advantage, the playbook upgrade, and the Create a Legend. In exchange you get...prettier graphics and a bigger swing on the Momentum Meter for big plays. Wow, what a deal!

I'm thinking I'm going to go ahead and get the PS2 version until EA gets off it's collective ass and makes "next gen" mean more than more polygons.

I pre-ordered my copy on the EA store yesterday as I do every year only to find out today that my local store will be carrying the game this year.

What's that "take snap-shot" thing in the pics? Can you take pics of the action and store it in a photo album on the game? That'd be pretty cool.

What's that "take snap-shot" thing in the pics? Can you take pics of the action and store it in a photo album on the game? That'd be pretty cool.

Guest InuYasha
So, the 360 will be missing 1AA teams, All-Time teams, Stadium Pulse, the home field advantage, the playbook upgrade, and the Create a Legend. In exchange you get...prettier graphics and a bigger swing on the Momentum Meter for big plays. Wow, what a deal!

I'm thinking I'm going to go ahead and get the PS2 version until EA gets off it's collective ass and makes "next gen" mean more than more polygons.

It's EA; what else did you expect from those Shysters? To the best of my knowledge, I've never bought an EA game, and I never plan on it, either.

Guest Princess Leena

The Walmart salary doesn't pay enough to buy video games. :(

Guest InuYasha
The Walmart salary doesn't pay enough to buy video games. :(

1. EA makes really crappy games. Just take a look at their Bond games to see that.

2. They treat their employees like shit. The infamous "Employee fired over a Blog" incident is just the most recent reminder.

3. As has been mentioned many times before, EA will only make one major improvement from "Year to Year" on their NFL and NCAA games. Also, as you yourself mentioned, the AI gameplay mechanics run like a drunken retard with a broken leg most of the time.

4. I play video games for their sense of "unreal adventure." If I wanted to play football, basketball, hockey, or so on, I'd go outside and play it.

Playing video sports games to me, is like watching two people have sex in the next room, and telling one of them what to do. It's a pretty damn inefficient waste of time and energy to me.

Guest InuYasha
Why are you posting about this game then, Crono.

1. I'm not this Crono person.

2. Video sports games is one of my personal pet peeves.

Adventure games: Sweet

RPG's: awesome

Action games: decent

Fighting games: I like most of them, except Tekken.

Racing games: As long as it's not Nascar.

Puzzle games: Brain-cracking fun

Does that sum things up enough?

so what's the final call on things added for the 360 version?

I only ask because I haven't found a difinitive list of all the features. I'm mainly wanting to use the "enhanced playbooks" for UT.

90% of the games I play are sports games. You can talk all you want about "unreal adventure", but I dream of running a college football team a lot more than I dream about going out into the woods and killing monsters.

Playing a college football game is "unreal adventure". I don't think any of us are out there on a Saturday in the fall playing football in front of 80,000 people. Just my opinion.

Guest Princess Leena

Only one more week. Please don't suck. I'm ancy for another sports game.

The xbox 360 demo isn't bad, although it is only 1 minute quarters. From people who I have talked to who actually have the game, they say it's much more polished than the demo that was on XBL at least for the 360.

I have mine on pre-order.