TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Urban Warfare

NCAA Football 07

Guest Princess Leena

Blah, the 360 version is out in the "usual places". XBox, not yet, though.

I got my shipment in at Gamestop today. I was only allowed to count them, then immediately reseal the shipping boxes and lock them away. My boss protects these things like theyre his own children.

Guest Princess Leena

The game seems very similar to '06...

At least on the XBox version, graphically it looks no different. Gameplay seems similar, getting quite a few silly dropped passes.

No matter, though... game is still fun as hell. I hope recruiting and such is even better.

I got my copy today from EB for Playstation 2. I'll post my thoughts in a little bit.

Does Canada have to hold to street dates? Myself, and the rest of the staff at my store were threated with pretty much everything shy of castration of we so much as show a customer the cover art before Tuesday.

Guest Princess Leena

All stores have to. Good chance whoever was selling them at EB gets in trouble.

Guest Princess Leena

Even though I know many game store employees are dolts, they can't know nothing about the NCAA series, which is one of the biggest sellers there is. Even in Canadia.

Guest Princess Leena

Ugh, why did they have to change the kicking meter completely...

I wish all games would never use the analog sticks for accuracy purposes. It's especially annoying when they're off-center, which happens after about a week of use.

I played the demo on the 360 and I wasn't really that impressed. The controls were good through, but I don't know it wasn't like a stand out kind of game for me. I'll just wait till Madden and rent the crap out of that because lord knows I'm not going to buy a Madden game unless it can compare to ESPN NFL 2k5 and nothing has yet!

I'm loving the game so far.

- Florida's playbook is fantastic. New plays, tons of option looks, and lots of good passing routes. Love it. Overall, there are alot more formations on defense and offense.

- The tackling is better this year. The hit stick actually works, which is great. Lots of big hits.

- Kicking sucks at first, but once you get used to it, it's much better.

I played the demo on the 360 and I wasn't really that impressed. The controls were good through, but I don't know it wasn't like a stand out kind of game for me. I'll just wait till Madden and rent the crap out of that because lord knows I'm not going to buy a Madden game unless it can compare to ESPN NFL 2k5 and nothing has yet!

The full version on the 360 is much much much cleaner and smoother than the Demo. It's like night and day.

Guest Princess Leena

Boo, dynasty mode is exactly the same from last year, so far. Haven't got into off-season recruiting yet, though.

Gameplay is quite a bit better, though. Tackling seems much improved. Both the engine, the animations and hit stick actually works. AI seems better... running isn't so easy, and receiving is a bit improved.

From the demo, the one issue I had with the game was the control scheme on defense. More specifically, the pre-snap controls. The "jump snap" button feels terrible, unless that was fixed by the full version. With the way it's used now, it won't work. I also didn't see a way to switch players in reverse. I don't want to make a mistake and press a button 10 or so times before the snap to get back to the player I originally had wanted.

Gameplay was smooth besides that. Graphics were substandard even for an EA game on Xbox, let alone a 360.

Guest Princess Leena

psxsports.com will have rosters up sometime later today.

I hate doing the rosters myself (I usually do all of Florida's and most of the top players in the game) but I can't find a X-port or Sharkport anywhere.

Me either. I'm just doing position players for the top teams, and impact players for the others. I do all of USC's so that I can see the people that I know with their actual name.

I'm through the ACC and Big XII, so I'll be sitting here for at least two more hours.

Got the rosters this morning for the xbox 360 version. Someone had them up by 8 am. Good stuff.

The game is great. Little things here and there, but I love it, and really can't complain about a thing.

Graphically its beautiful to look at especially on an HDTV. Gameplay is top notch which is what the most important thing is.

The stadiums look great, but there are so many things missing. Also, you have to pay for alternate uniforms.

The playbooks are dead on. USC's is boring and simple, yet extremely effective. South Carolina's is my favorite, with that three lineman formation.