TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AmericanDragon

Superman Returns Trailer

I am much more interested in X-Men 3....(this friday)

Or this THURSDAY, if, like yours truly, you're lucky enough to score some advance showing tix. :)

Gawd. Why do we have to wait until june 30 to see this?

New trailer looked amazing. If all of the plane crash sequence looks as phenominal as the small pieces seen in the trailer so far, it could be one of the best action sequences ever. And that bullet to the eye was badass.

I can't wait to see this.

Guest El Satanico

I liked the US trailer, but the International trailer is alot better. The studio was probably afraid the International trailer was too thin on action and too heavy on talk/plot for our Summer market.

There's a better version of the new trailer:

http://playlist.yahoo.com/makeplaylist.dll...qtw=640&qth=400

"Gods are selfish beings who fly around in little red capes and don't share their power with mankind."

I also really like that moment right after it looks like Lex has just stabbed Superman or something and says into his ear "Now Fly."

And when it shows Supes rising up through the clouds into the sun and clenching his fist, that scene from Dark Knight Returns (if you've read it you know what I'm talking about) immediately came into my head.

God I want this movie to be so good. And it looks it will be.

Ha, and I just love the evident EA advertisement in the movie. (It was on the giant screen in new York). Reminds me of the Xbox "Future" in The Island.

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster
Gawd. Why do we have to wait until june 30 to see this?

It got moved forward two days to Wednesday, June 28th. Slightly less waiting.

This trailer is the best so far. I'm now confident Superman will destroy X3.

Those are quite strong words, Jonathon. You mean quality-wise (could happen) or box office-wise (doubt it)?

Quality-wise. Word of mouth for X3 might hurt the numbers later on, while Supermans word of mouth might/could be better, thus a bigger return later.

Quality-wise. Word of mouth for X3 might hurt the numbers later on, while Supermans word of mouth might/could be better, thus a bigger return later.

I don't know about that. Remember, the much-loved and highly-hyped Batman Begins barely managed to break the $200 million barrier ($205 to be exact), which is far less than its most succesful predecessor, the original Batman. Word of mouth did help BB, as it had great legs at the box office, hence its final tally after a rather strong-but-disappointing opening weekend. And no doubt its release on IMAX theaters helped a bit.

Now X-Men 3 has a cume of $130 in just 4 DAYS (with a $7.5 mil tuesday), so it's reasonably on pace to a $250-$300 million final tally, exceeding both X1 and X2. I don't think the new Superman movie can pull that off, even if it's one of the most beloved characters worldwide and part of americana. Batman also managed to bounce back from a dead franchise but its movies still broke $100 milllion each at least. Superman IV? Supergirl? Those are pretty tough to overcome IMO.

I figure it'll have a very strong showing box office-wise, and with Singer at the helm it could be a pretty terrific movie. But X-Men is a proven movie franchise at this point that I don't think Superman can match, unless we get a new cultural phenomenon the likes of the Star Wars movies or the first Batman flick. I still could be proven wrong, but I'm confident on my assesment. I guess we'll have to just wait and see.

This trailer is the best so far. I'm now confident Superman will destroy X3.

Those are quite strong words, Jonathon. You mean quality-wise (could happen) or box office-wise (doubt it)?

POTC: Dead Man's Chest comes out the week after Superman Returns so that's going to take a lot of money away from it.