TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AndrewTS

Okami

Yeesh...you were still trying to get all those trees?!

That final tree was the same one I was stuck on. Found it in, like 5 minutes.

Yet Mr. King of RPGs who went through Disgaea in one day... :P

I'm at 11 hours but that's artificially trumped up from pause time, too.

Is the Deflector sold in Kusa worth buying? I passed on it for Gold Dust to upgrade my current weapon. I only need a few thousand yen to afford it, but that would be all my cash and I don't think I need it.

Um... I haven't really been able to play it for long periods of time. Its a little hard to do when you bust up a pinky on one hand, and you can't put too much pressure on the other because you twisted up the muscles in the wrist area (or something worse I'll find out sometime next week what).

And that was Disgaea 2 and it was the same thing I did in Disgaea 1. Just plop a couple of monsters on each other to boost levels, do multi attacks, and also powerlevel the main character and give him all the rad equipment. ...sadly, this only works for Disgaea. :(

Okami I don't get that pleasure and I totally forgot about that tree. ...repeatedly... <_< I swear its cause I'm using Tylenol 3s all the time! ...honest!

My only complaint so far is that it's just so freaking easy. I haven't died a single time, and I'm sure most of you guys haven't either. I've never even been close. Up to this point I haven't had to use any of the special power-ups at all to help in battles, not a single one.

Then again, I'm only a third through the game, so maybe things get a bit harder. Right?

Anyway, I don't really mind since it is such a fun game and I'm having a blast, and yes it's one of the best for the PS2 ever. I just wish it was a bit harder, since half the time I don't really feel like I've done anything all that amazing in terms of any sort of skill.

Also, btw, I'm such a goof. I only just now discovered that you can get an instant speed boost by doing a dash then keeping it held down. I have no f'n idea how I only just noticed that.

Um... You die pretty damn quickly if you fight the flying fishes at night early in the game. Trust me, twice. Never fight the flying fishies at night because they get power boosts.

Instant speed boost? Say wha?

Yah, just keep running until you get the speed lines. Knew about that since the demo, tho...

Crimson Helm is soooooooooooo easy. I beat him without even being hit.

The fish are tough with conventional attacks, but bombs and power slashes make quick work of them--although they may jump on your back and you have to slash them before they explode.

I'm not talking about the "keep running" speed boost. I mean that I just discovered that if you do the dash attack then keep the button held down running then that gives you an instant boost right away.

Forget about Crimson Helm (yes, that was very easy also), I was pissed that

the first battle with Orochi, the main boss to end the first third of the game was so damn easy. I mean, come on!

Oh, okay. That boost. I didn't really notice it. Thanks for pointing that out. :)

Unfortunately--yeah, so far this game's difficulty is making OOT look difficult in comparison.

BTW, thanks Downhome I didn't know about the speed burst either. I'll give this game another crack when I get home from work today. Haven't really been able to do much with it as of late.

:) Hopefully I remember what in the bloody hades I was doing.

even more helpful, I suppose, you immediately start dashing (not full out running) with the dodge move as well. If, in a fight, you want to start moving fast, there's your ticket, can't tackle in a fight...

Disgaea 2 has been distracting me, so I'm not as far in as you guys. I'm on my way to Sei-An City (I think that's what it's called) at the moment. Also, the festival in Kamiki Village after the defeat of

Orochi

was very cool. I love the music that plays in the background during that part.

Just beat the game, took me around 48 hours, but I took my time a fair bit and left it paused for a couple hours here and there. Still, excellent game. Now I'm going to go through on New Game +.

Just as an additional note, you get a lot of unlockables when you beat the game. As well, your performance will be ranked, and acheiving "S" ranks (marked with the cherry blossom tree) will give you some cool extra goodies.

And finally, the point of no return in this game, when you cannot go back and do anything else, is

once you enter the Ark of Yamato

, so I suggest saving beforehand and saving an extra file once you're there, so you can go back and earn better ranks easier. Don't worry, you'll know the time when it comes.

Just wantedto chime in. This is the most fun I've had with a game in ages, and I'm barely into it.

The normal battles so far are pathetic, though fun. Before the Tao master, I think I got hit three times total.

So, great game, more fun than I've ever had in an action RPG, and prettier than ICO/Shadow of the Colossus.

Took me long enough, but I finally beat this today. What a fantastic title. The best game I've played since RE4. There were a few really annoying aspects, sure (

facing Orochi three times was just stupid, and, with the exception of the battle with Yami, Yamato's ark in general was a big letdown

), but overall, just an amazing game. A fine eulogy for Clover.

So I pick this game up and throw it in the PS2 on Saturday afternoon (bad football games = me hitting the systems) to see what all the fuss is about. Then the long set up narration hits and I'm looking at my watch. Finally the gameplay starts up and I get intrigued. Next thing you know I'm checking my save game stats and notice that it's 12 HOURS LATER! I never lose track of time while playing a game until this one. Great game. The only problem I've had so far with it is that it's fairly easy. I have yet to use a continue. The enemies, including the bosses, are way too simple. The Spider Queen never hit me, and Crimson Helm caught me twice with his fire breath. Still the artwork, gameplay, and characters (except for Issun, I'd like to squash that little bastard) all make this a must own.

I'm going to take a break from it and crack open Kingdom Hearts 2, but I'm coming back to it soon.

If you thought Okami's introduction was bad, you probably won't even be able to get through KH2's.

Yeah KH2 nearly drove me nuts. I don't care that Seifer was an asshole as a kid (although that was probably a given) and I didn't need to see kids beating each other up with Nerf bats. I managed to make it through Roxas' adventures in Twilight Town though. I've got Sora sitting in Mulan's world right now. I think running it on normal difficulty's a mistake though. It's been pretty easy so far.

I purchased Okami back in October 2006. I played for 14 hours and loved it, but once I got my 360, I abandoned the game altogether.

A few weeks ago, I started over from the beginning. Today, after 8 hours or so of play (not consecutively) between last night and today, I finally finished the game at just over 35 hours.

I need some time to put it in perspective, and at least one more play through, but I feel that this game is one of the greatest of all time, and could compete with Ocarina of Time as the greatest. Pretty much everything about the game was brilliant. It is, hands down, the best PS2 game ever in my opinion, although I have yet to play Odin Sphere or the God of War games (although GOW 1 is next on my list).

It's rare that I complete a game these days, especially one longer than 10 hours, but Okami provdied such a rewarding experience. It's one of the few games I would rate a 10 out of 10.

It's a shame that this game only sold 220,000 copies or so. It should be required playing for every gamer.

It is a great game.. but unfortunately playing it on an HDTV.. it really does look like ass. I mean more than most SDTV games. I'd like to see a Wii port of this come out sometime down the road with 480p support. Otherwise I just can't stomach playing the PS2 version on my tv..

It is a great game.. but unfortunately playing it on an HDTV.. it really does look like ass. I mean more than most SDTV games. I'd like to see a Wii port of this come out sometime down the road with 480p support. Otherwise I just can't stomach playing the PS2 version on my tv..

It was somewhat grainy on my HDTV, but still was a beautiful game. I got used to it quickly.

It was somewhat grainy on my HDTV, but still was a beautiful game. I got used to it quickly.

I dunno. I just couldn't get used to the horrible aliasing of the "aura" that's constantly around the wolf.

I remember thinking I had beaten the game at the 10 or 15 hour mark then realizing I had a whole new adventure waiting ahead of me. It was a great feeling. Amazing game. One of the best ever. I wish I had a better tv to play it on though.

Yeah, I beat it about 7 or 8 months ago. I was actually thinking about playing it again. We were talking about it the other night while playing Wii. I convinced one of my friends to borrow it from his brother. His only experience of Okami was watching his bro play while he was on shrooms. We all agreed a sequel for the Wii could be greatness.

Anyway, I think I might start to play it again because I got kinda lost in the story towards the end. I found myself not paying too much attention to what was going on and just played and played.