TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
vivalaultra

No Buffet for you!

They said that they did waste the same food over again. They took eggrolls and crab rangoons and only took one bite. Hell they exercised more patience than I would have as a restaurant owner.

Kids or not, come on. Waste is waste. Restaurant did the right thing/

What exactly is crab rangoon? Rangoon is capital of Myanmar if im not mistaken(though it may be Yangoon). I doubt that's anything more than a coincidence, tho.

Crab rangoons are freakin' delicious. Anybody that would waste a crag rangoon deserves to be kicked out of a restuarant. Seriously, though, if there's kids, why not take em to McDonald's or something instead of going into a "grown-ups" restuarant and wasting all their food? I mean, that's disrespectful anywhere, but I believe that it's even more disrespectful in Asian cultures.

Guest The Satanic Angel

As a frequenter of many Chinese restaurants, I've noticed that in buffets, there are a lot of signs that say "Take what you want, eat what you take." It's not a difficult philosophy to follow. Sure, I may make four trips to the buffet lines, but I also only take half a plate of food at most.

I probably hit a chinese buffet twice a month and I have noticed that before. I see some morons who just pile their plate with mounds of food, disregarding a balance of taste and they eat half the plate and toss a bill on the table and leave half a plate full.

How hard is it to have respect to the resturant? They offer a decent buffet of food for low price, the least you can do is eat what you take. These places shouldn't have to tell you "take what you want, eat what you take", it's common sense. It's all you can eat for a reason.

Alot people try to use the "what's the difference if I eat a whole plate of food or I toss a plate of food, when they get my $ no matter what" excuse but it's still bullshit no matter how you try to cut it.

Guest Princess Leena

I noticed the same thing at the Chinese place I used to go to... the little Chinese girls would look at me funny if I left a lot on my plate. Which most of the time was because I'd take something I didn't like... or some of meat was hard, or the watermelon tasted funny.

I hate Chinese buffets. Hatehatehate. Something always isn't done right, and when you don't eat it people look at you when you leave it on your plate. Especially the 4 guys that don't speak English that seem to sit right in front of me everytime I happen to be at one.

Also I hate people who walk around and only get the "american" food like chicken wings, shrimp, mac n cheese and whatnot. It's like they go out of their way to insult the resturant.

They got this Chinese Buffet right by my house that has really great food. I can chow down on some General Tso's Chicken...that and any of the beef stuff...and some wonton soup. Every time I've gotten seafood at a Chinese place it's been terrible. Last time I went to one, they had these two little Hispanic girls...probably about 4 or 5 and they went to the buffet and each got themselves a whole freakin' plate full of oysters on the half shell, and they went back to their table and I swear they both ate all the oysters they got. They proceeded to eat about three plates of oysters each. It was amazing.

Hey, I ate there last week!

I believe in Asian cultures it's disrespectful to leave anything on your plate and that's probably why some of you are getting funny looks from the staff when you do so

Not only is it culturally disrespectful, it's just down right rude considering all the people who would kill to eat the food remaining on everyone's plates....

Guest Felonies!

Back in September, I got figuratively fucked up the ass at a Chinese buffet in which the drinks were jacked up to like $10, thus not only negating the "special offer," but making it even more expensive than listed on the menu. My sympathy for the plight of the Chinese restauranteur is decidedly low.

Guest Felonies!

Sprite! Those scheming Chinamen got us, because you can't argue it; they don't speak any English. Hang on, let me find my original post.

Guest Felonies!

No! The refills were free, but WHO CARES IT WAS SIX FUCKING DOLLARS

Okay, evidently I didn't post about this in September, I just told people on AIM. Whatever. Never trust the Chinese.

Six dollar sodas?

Holy shit. I Would never go back.

(I was waiting about a joke, a joke about peepee in your coke...)

Guest Monty Burns

$5.95 for an all-you can-eat Chinese buffet?? I'm on the next plane to Des Moines. Oh, and they did the right thing by kicking that bitch out.

Guest Princess Leena
Also I hate people who walk around and only get the "american" food like chicken wings, shrimp, mac n cheese and whatnot. It's like they go out of their way to insult the resturant.

Pfff...

But, some of us are taken to Chinese places by others, and are scared of all Chinese food.

Especially since I accidentally ate one nasty red pepper there, that literally felt like it burned my tongue.

A lot of buffets up here (sushi mostly) will make you pay extra for anything you leave on your plate. Which is a perfectly acceptable rule, IMHO.

Guest Felonies!

I think some of us are forgetting that buffet food has a high chance of being awful. It's just been sitting there for hours.

The best Chinese buffet in town here closed a few weeks ago because they "didn't pay their rent". I'm really hoping that's the case and it's not some health code thing, since I went there all the time.