TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kurt Angle Mark

The Official "52" Thread

I do have that issue of Gotham Central. I was going to use it as evidence if someone challenged me on the statement that I made about Montoya and Sawyer.

Animal Man's a good family man!

I'm not digging Booster's behavior as I said. It just doesn't seem realistic. He's already rolling in the bucks, he has no friends, some because of his selfish attittude, but Beetle's dead, Dibny's suicidal, Rocket's dead, Ice is dead.

While he was always a materialistic goof, he would always be hurt when citicized by his friends, since he's. Acting like he did to Fire seems really out of character.

I was thinking maybe he was thinking he really could make something of a difference and sort of replace the old guard, feeling betrayed by their leaving. His stunt in Week 6 blew that away. Setting up fake supervillain attacks. Oh, Booster.

Hopefully he'll have a little bit of a turn-around if they do kill him off.

I am really interested in the ressurection angle. If Sue is ressurected (we already know from OYL that Superboy either isn;t resurrected, or it doesn't take) it would be nice to see some more of the Dibneys in action. And it's nice to see a motivated EM, even if he is still miserable.

Also really interested where the Montoya/Question storyline is going.

Is week Six the latest? It sorta seemed like nothing happened, except for that final, intriguing scene with all the cryptic messages. Mebbe this'll be Booster's wakeup call.

And I'm a bit confused by all the Rann-Thanagar aftermath, because I thought that series was a-borrriiiing.

I just reread the "Super Buddies" stuff. Man, that was some really funny stuff.

Man I hope the resurrection of a beloved DC character is the Dog-Welder.

Regarding the death of one of the principal characters of "52" (IE Steel, Renee Montoya, Question, Black Adam, Elongated Man, and Booster Gold) it's not supposed to happen until the very end of the series with the characters banned from being used by any writers at DC until the series ends in order to ensure the death doesn't get revealed prematurely.

That said, it's been heavily rumored that that either

Adam Strange, Animal Man, or Starfire are supposed to die around issue 15, so the casualty may be one of them instead.......

And if it is one of those three...why do they show Booster Gold's bloody googles on the cover of 15? That is, unless they get back to Earth in the next 15 weeks and their arrival is right in the middle of a Booster Gold battle, and shit goes horribly wrong.

I see Adam Strange biting the bullet, given that he's blind and he's going to be the one everyone is most sympathetic to, because he's the only one out of the three that is trying to get back home. So to have him make it home and then be killed moments later.... yeah, that would suck.

So....

Renee Montoya

Booster

Steel

Question

Dibney

Black Adam

One of these characters is going to bite it.

I think it's gotta be Booster or Steel.

Right now my money's on Steel. Though my faith in them not killing more Giffen League members is nil.

Renee's not dying. They're building up something for the Question. He Mayyybeee might die.

Black Adam is being built up as DC's Dr. Doom He ain't going nowhere.

If they kill Dibney, I will be done with DC Comics, insofar as the main universe.

I'll still read Vertigo.

I almost replied that I didn't see how they could ever build Booster back up into a believable hero, but then the name "Hal Jordan" popped into my head.

The Montoya stuff is getting old pretty fast now, especially since everyone already knows who the next batwoman is. Less Kane and more Question please.

Black Adam is easily my favorite person in the DC universe right now. All DC needs to do is push the following people to the forefront of the company and I would be happy.

1. Captain Marvel

2. Mr. Terrific- been seen in JSA and Checkmate recently

3. Dr. Mid-Nite- great character, not used up to his potential.

4. Black Adam- Make him meaner and more pompus then Dr. Doom and I will be quite happy.

Black Adam is easily my favorite person in the DC universe right now. All DC needs to do is push the following people to the forefront of the company and I would be happy.

1. Captain Marvel

2. Mr. Terrific- been seen in JSA and Checkmate recently

3. Dr. Mid-Nite- great character, not used up to his potential.

4. Black Adam- Make him meaner and more pompus then Dr. Doom and I will be quite happy.

Batman and his friends need to stop hhholding people down.

Superman needs to put Black Adam over on a PPV.

The Bat universe is so bizarre. They have built up Batman so much and to be so parinoid that he probably has contingency plans ready incase Jesus comes back.

It's weird reconciling the Gotham Bats with the JLA Bats (much less the JLI Bats)

One minute he's brooding and fighting assorted madmen, being his city's protector. The next he's off fighting evil Martians and giant robots.

It was weirdest during the Broken Bat storyline. (which I think is really good) He's pushed to his absolute limits, all the big guns are still out there, He's getting fucked up by losers like Firebug.

Damn man, give Wonder Woman or Green Lantern a call or something.

My guess is that Starfire will be the one to kick the bucket. If she has appeared in any OYL issues I missed it, although I have not looked very hard for her

Has anyone read the Spectre mini-series that is out? I have always enjoyed the Spectre and if you are looking for a good mini to read go check this out.

Has anyone read the Spectre mini-series that is out? I have always enjoyed the Spectre and if you are looking for a good mini to read go check this out.

I was going to recommend the book myself, great stuff and it'd only three issues for those that they may be reluctant to pick it up

Also check out Catwoman which is written by the same writer Will Pfeifer

Well, just got done reading week 9, and, I don't believe anyone died. At least if they did, it wasn't shown. At least not at the hands of Devilence, there's the possibility that Steel could be the one, since he's you know, made out of Steel, and was thrown in a lake. But I doubt that.

And as for 52 as a whole, I like it, but, it's just not what I thought it was going to be. Again, although I like the stories going on it, before it came out, I thought it was going to be an explanation of, EVERYTHING, that happened over the year, for instance, What Batman, Robin, & Nightwing were doing? How did Boomerang get on the Outsiders? What was going on with Firestorm? etc.

Of course, some of this stuff has been explained throughout the OYL series, but they were merely a panel, telling what happen, I thought this was going to show what happened. So I hope in the future, they have some kind of "One Year Ago" type thing with each series, although by that point it'll probaly be pointless.

Solicitations for October

52Cv23.jpg

Written by Geoff Johns, Grant Morrison, Greg Rucka, Mark Waid

Breakdowns by Keith Giffen

Art by various

Backup features by Waid and various

Covers by J.G. Jones

The story of the year continues in four more chapters of America's only weekly super-hero adventure!

WEEK 22: “Good news, sir. Your son Kon-El didn’t die in the Crisis after all.”

Plus, the Origin of Green Lantern by Waid and Ivan Reis & Marc Campos.

WEEK 23: “Look what these monsters did to your brother, Isis!

They deserve a slow death! Plucked apart like the insects they are!”

Plus, the Origin of Wildcat by Waid and Jerry Ordway.

WEEK 24: “You don’t really know me, but I’m a big fan and ...well...

I wanted to invite you to ...to ...to join the new Justice League.”

Plus, the Origin of Booster Gold by Waid and Dan Jurgens.

WEEK 25: “That's — the Black Marvel Family?”

Plus, the Origin of Nightwing by Waid and George Pérez!

52: A year without Superman; a year without Batman; a year without Wonder Woman…but not a year without heroes.

Week 22 on sale October 4 • Week 23 on sale October 11

Week 24 on sale October 18 • Week 25 on sale October 25 • 32 pg, FC, $2.50 US

Are the back-up features going to be just origins then? And what about the back-up features for issues before #22? Any word on those?

Are the back-up features going to be just origins then? And what about the back-up features for issues before #22? Any word on those?

The Secret Origins start with issue 12

12-Wonder Woman by Adam Hughes

13-Elongated Man by Kevin Nowlan

14-Steel by John Bogdanove

15-Metamorpho by Eric Powell

16-Black Adam by J. G. Jones

17-Lobo by Keith Giffen

18-Question by Joe Bennett

19-Animal Man by Brian Bolland

20-Adam Strange by Kevin Nowlan

21-No origin

The Secret Origins start with issue 12

12-Wonder Woman by Adam Hughes

Yes!

17-Lobo by Keith Giffen

Yes!!

18-Question by Joe Bennett

Yes!!!

19-Animal Man by Brian Bolland

Yes!!!!

21-No origin

NO!!!!!

6199_400x600.jpg

Written by Geoff Johns and Richard Donner; Art and cover by Adam Kubert; Variant cover by TK

Geoff Johns (INFINITE CRISIS, FLASH) joins forces with Richard Donner (director of Superman: The Movie and Superman II) and artist extraordinaire Adam Kubert (X-Men, Ultimate X-Men) for "Last Son," the tale of a small child from the planet Krypton. Sent by his parents to Earth with powers beyond imagination, the child's future potential is limitless. Especially when Superman finds him! Don't miss this amazing comics event!

Superman | 32pg. | Color | $2.99 US

On Sale October 25, 2006

6199_400x600.jpg

Written by Geoff Johns and Richard Donner; Art and cover by Adam Kubert; Variant cover by TK

Geoff Johns (INFINITE CRISIS, FLASH) joins forces with Richard Donner (director of Superman: The Movie and Superman II) and artist extraordinaire Adam Kubert (X-Men, Ultimate X-Men) for "Last Son," the tale of a small child from the planet Krypton. Sent by his parents to Earth with powers beyond imagination, the child's future potential is limitless. Especially when Superman finds him! Don't miss this amazing comics event!

Superman | 32pg. | Color | $2.99 US

On Sale October 25, 2006

Well that description certainly has me curious. I was already going to pick it up because I like Geoff Johns, but this sounds like an interesting story to check out.