TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kurt Angle Mark

The Official "52" Thread

Power Girl's origin? Hah!

I remember a year ago they promised to reveal that in JSA Classified...and then the big revelation was that her pre-Crisis origin is still canon.

Still, Adam Hughes drawing big, monstrous BOOBIES~!!!!!1111 :D :D

Now that is an awesome cover. Starfire, Animal Man and Adam Stranges story is one of the ones I find the most interesting.

Now that is an awesome cover. Starfire, Animal Man and Adam Stranges story is one of the ones I find the most interesting.

Really?? That is probably the story that I am least interested in right now. I think it is because I can't stand Starfire, which bugs me cause I like Animal Man and Adam Strange but she just bugs the hell out of me.

Well now Booster and Beetle can get back to flipping burgers in hell. (to get that joke you need to have read the JLA Classified Arc involving the SuperBuddies)

In the new issue of "Teen Titans," Red Star urges them to disband the team and

lists Starfire along side other deceased Titans like Pantha, Wildebeast, Superboy, and Jericho

. Hmph.

Latest Wizard has an article on the meeting between the creative team as they plot the final 16 issues.

Anyway here are the tid-bits

-Someone else is going to die. A whole issue will be devoted to it. The character is near and dear to all the writers. I suggest you start praying for your favorites now.

-The main outer space villain is named Lady Styx and they are going to try to make her be as important and feared as Darkseid

-Supernova will reveal his/her identity after a huge spectacular event (Waid comes up with the event and everyone loves the idea)

-Johns has possibly "a really bad idea" on how to end the Black Adam story and of course everyone thinks it's great.

-Waid tries to explain how the "Time is Broken" story will be resolved. Didio and Giffen don't get how it works. A frustrated Waid with help from Morrison try again and Didio understands and thinks its good but Giffen is not truly convinced.

- Lastly there is going to a a battle through time that will done in a way that has never been done before. Morrison's idea of course.

Latest Wizard has an article on the meeting between the creative team as they plot the final 16 issues.

Anyway here are the tid-bits

-Someone else is going to die. A whole issue will be devoted to it. The character is near and dear to all the writers. I suggest you start praying for your favorites now.

-The main outer space villain is named Lady Styx and they are going to try to make her be as important and feared as Darkseid

-Supernova will reveal his/her identity after a huge spectacular event (Waid comes up with the event and everyone loves the idea)

-Johns has possibly "a really bad idea" on how to end the Black Adam story and of course everyone thinks it's great.

-Waid tries to explain how the "Time is Broken" story will be resolved. Didio and Giffen don't get how it works. A frustrated Waid with help from Morrison try again and Didio understands and thinks its good but Giffen is not truly convinced.

- Lastly there is going to a a battle through time that will done in a way that has never been done before. Morrison's idea of course.

1.-Jesus fuckin Christ

2.- Hahaha!

3.- cool. It better be Booster.

4.-if he dies ims be pissed

5.- Damn, sounds like it's gonna end up all fucked because they can't agree.

6.-I'm intrigued by this.

This week's issue of 52 was probably my favorite so far

Here is a recap:

Week 17, Day 1

Metropolis: The News report on TV is showing you footage of Luthor’s Justice League taking on Kobra. The six members do not have any codenames but their powers are revealed. One has claws that “seem capable of slicing through anything they touch”, one has speed, one can morph, one is super strong, one can ride the winds and Natasha Irons is a “living beacon of light”. The members are all talking to Luthor about getting codenames when one member is shown shooting up with something. It is discovered to be a drug called Sharp which the speedster is using to slow herself down since she has no control over her speed. Eliza, the speedster, and Luthor get into an argument and Natasha steps up with her hands light which looks like Supernova’s glowing fists…possibly another red herring. Eliza gets mad and runs off. Luthor also makes a creppy comment about Natasha's beauty and one of the members is named Hannibal Bates and you can guess what he likes for dinner.

Week 17, Day 2:

Space: Starfire is in an asteroid field blasting asteroids so that the ship that her, Animal Man and Adam Strange are in can make it through. Animal Man is nervous through the whole thing telling Adam which way to go. Kory is hit in the head by an asteroid and the ship ends up landing on an asteroid.

Week 17, Day 4:

Space: The ship is still on the asteroid they landed on. Adam has hooked the ships sensory array into his visual cortex so he can see out of the ship and says that the field is too dense to fly though. And Kory claims that someone was throwing asteroids at them.

Week 17, Night 4:

Space: Kory and Buddy are talking while Adam sleeps. Both are talking about their family and then Buddy mentions about an encounter he had with some aliens (a.k.a Grant Morrison in the Animal Man series) and how he learned about space and time and says with his head turned towards the reader “It all runs to a plan…” (That there are writers that decide the fate of universe)While Buddy and Kory are talking the ship gets attacked by Devilance which ends up pulling his lance out of the ship. With the lance back together Devilance is about to crush the ship when the ship reads “a huge energy spike” and then we have entrails. And who should appear but Lobo standing over Devilance’s body with a big gun in hand. While Kory goes out in space to talk to Lobo, Adam tells Buddy all about Lobo. During Kory’s talk with Lobo, which are just empty word balloons, Lobo ends up pulling Kory’s top off. Kory covers her chest and then makes the "money" gesture with her fingers. She goes back to the ship and explains the Devilance walked into a trap set for Lobo and that Lobo is the only one that can get them out. She tells them that she reasoned with Lobo by telling him that she is a princess with rich parents. Kory also mentions that “…for the first time in his life, Lobo has problems of his own. He’s joined the church and turned his back on violence apparently. And believe it or not he needs our help”. Lobo ends up towing the ship out of the asteroid field with Deviance’s head shown on the end of his lance.

Week 17, Day 7:

Red Tornado waked up and says “52”. Three Aborigines are shown standing around him and he repeats “52”. One of the Aborigines says " Fifty-Two? No mate. Australia”.

Comments: the Animal Man-Starfire conversion was great and needs to be read to be appreciated.

The writers are probably trying to confuse readers when it comes to Lobo. He says he has found religion and turned his back against violence. Yet they made it look like he killled Devilance and then he ends up chopping off his head .

well, looks like John Henry is probably fucked.

If you're talking about the first tidbit, then I doubt it's Henry.

More like Guy Gardner or something retarded.

well, looks like John Henry is probably fucked.

If you're talking about the first tidbit, then I doubt it's Henry.

More like Guy Gardner or something retarded.

Yeah, who else from the JLI is left to kill?

(Can't be Fire, she's alive in Checkmate)

Actually Steel and Black Adam appear to be safe since they discussed how to end their respective stories after already planning the death of whoever

I have Elongated Man at 2 to 1 and The Question at 4 to 1 odds.

IMO the Elongated Man story can only come to a conclusion when either Sue is resurrected or Ralph dies. I say the latter is more likely.

Here is a spread of all the Teen Titan members during the missing year, some might appear in 52 later on.

http://img154.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tt38to5.jpg

Actually Steel and Black Adam appear to be safe since they discussed how to end their respective stories after already planning the death of whoever

IMO the Elongated Man story can only come to a conclusion when either Sue is resurrected or Ralph dies. I say the latter is more likely.

Here is a spread of all the Teen Titan members during the missing year, some might appear in 52 later on.

In the photo, who are the two people in the bottom right with the similar costumes of Black Adam?

In the photo, who are the two people in the bottom right with the similar costumes of Black Adam?

One of them is Black Adam and the other is named Osiris. If you are reading 52 or know Egyptian mythology then you know who he is.

One of them is Black Adam and the other is named Osiris. If you are reading 52 or know Egyptian mythology then you know who he is.

Since when does Isis dress that way? That is why I didn't think it was Black Adam and Isis.

Since when does Isis dress that way? That is why I didn't think it was Black Adam and Isis.

Osiris was the Egyptian god of death, and the husband of Isis...which weirds me out to no end if he's Black Adam Jr.

Osiris was the Egyptian god of death, and the husband of Isis...which weirds me out to no end if he's Black Adam Jr.

Osiris is the husband and brother of Isis , and who is Adrianna Tomaz a.k.a Isis and Black Adam looking for? Her brother

Oh ok. I was unaware of the emergence of Osiris during 52. I am a couple of weeks behind with 52, since I have to order comics online I wait a couple of weeks so that I can cut down on my shipping costs.

Osiris is the husband and brother of Isis , and who is Adrianna Tomaz a.k.a Isis and Black Adam looking for? Her brother

Kahndaq = Arkansas ?

Oh ok. I was unaware of the emergence of Osiris during 52. I am a couple of weeks behind with 52, since I have to order comics online I wait a couple of weeks so that I can cut down on my shipping costs.

52Cv23.jpg

WEEK 23: “Look what these monsters did to your brother, Isis!

They deserve a slow death! Plucked apart like the insects they are!”

Guest Tsukuyomi

osiris is gonna be the Freddy Freeman of the black marvel family (cripple who gets superpowers to save his life)