The Great Debate: Spirit Squad vs. UMAGA

The Great Debate!  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you marking for?

• The Spirit Squad
    • Umaga and Armando

Guest JustPassinBy

BTW, What is x-pac heat???

It's where the fans aren't booing the guy because they want him to get his ass kicked, but because they want him to get off the screen.

a form of heat that people are often too quick to attach to someone who gets over but they don't like them, so the insist it's X-Pac heat. What's worse? X-Pac heat? or Masters heat(none)?

The SS gets Masters heat when they do cheers.

I've never heard the crowd react to them when they cheer.

Its like a silent trainwreck with an "airhorn".

Goooooooo Spirit Squad!

I thought Kenny had some in-ring potential, but then he had to botch the spinebuster last night. When Stephanie McMahon can take a spinebuster better than you can, you know you have some problems.

Ok, this is a horribly unfair judgment on Kenny. He botches one spot, and all of a sudden he no longer has any talent? Come on. Ric Flair has botched spots. Bret Hart has botched spots. Chris Benoit has botched spots. And the list goes on. When you're performing as much as wrestler's do, no one's going to bat 1.000.

And I'd like to see Stephanie do a leg drop as well as Kenny.

I said it in the Raw thread, I'll say it here.

Kenny 'botched' the spinebuster to avoid landing on the sledgehammer.

Go back and watch it again, if he took it right, he would have landed on the sledge and broke his fucking back.

And I like both SS and Umaga.

:ph34r:

I find it funny that when a wrestler botches a move, people here turn their back on them so fast. You guys need to realize that wrestlers will botch a move from time to time and not all moves can be done or taken correctly every time. A move or a bump will be botched, get over it.

Isn't the whole point to being a manager in WWE is to over react to everything? The thing with Estrada is that he has all of the tangibles together: He has the look, gimmick hat, gimmick suit, gimmick accent, and everything is so absurb to a point that you can't help not to laugh at everything he does.

The whole point to being a manager is to help get the wrestler paired up with you over. Estrada doesn't compliment Umaga, he upstages him. What he does, he does to get himself over and not Umaga.

And I don't think he's funny and I don't laugh at everything he does. In fact, I usually turn the channel now when he comes on the screen. That's just me though. I see his appeal to some and that's fine for them, but he's not my cup of tea.

Estrada is selling UMANGA as the unstoppable monster by calling him the Samoan Bulldozer!

Estrada is along the lines of Julius Smokes. So irritating that he becomes amusing.

Julius Smokes is in no way amusing. He's automatic fast foward material

Finally, someone who agrees with me. I've skipped Homicide matches simply because Smokes was at ringside with him, so I assume that counts as fast forward material.

Also, I take it we stopped using the term "Bossman heat" when he passed?

Guest Human Highlight Reel

Spirit Squad hands down. Umaga sucks ass, accomplishes nothing, and wastes time. Estrada had potential as the Cuban Nature Boy, but he's being completely wasted and is nothing special now.

The Spirit Squad are at least pushing Kenny hard, plus the crowd hates them, and they have the gimmicks, cheating tactics and overall douchebag personas that make people want to see them get their asses kicked.

Spirit Squad hands down. Umaga sucks ass, accomplishes nothing, and wastes time. Estrada had potential as the Cuban Nature Boy, but he's being completely wasted and is nothing special now.

The Spirit Squad are at least pushing Kenny hard, plus the crowd hates them, and they have the gimmicks, cheating tactics and overall douchebag personas that make people want to see them get their asses kicked.

No that would be Masters, Snitsky, Maven heat of WHY THE FUCK ARE THEY IN THE MAIN EVENT!

Spirit Squad hands down. Umaga sucks ass, accomplishes nothing, and wastes time.

How does Umaga "suck ass"? I think his offense is unique, he doesn't seem to botch any moves, and he works fairly quickly. Certainly there have been _many_ far worse "big men" in WWE than this guy. Yeah, the gimmick is pretty ridiculous for 2006, but so is the concept of five guys doing cheers in a wrestling ring.

Goooooooo Spirit Squad!

I thought Kenny had some in-ring potential, but then he had to botch the spinebuster last night. When Stephanie McMahon can take a spinebuster better than you can, you know you have some problems.

Ok, this is a horribly unfair judgment on Kenny. He botches one spot, and all of a sudden he no longer has any talent? Come on. Ric Flair has botched spots. Bret Hart has botched spots. Chris Benoit has botched spots. And the list goes on. When you're performing as much as wrestler's do, no one's going to bat 1.000.

And I'd like to see Stephanie do a leg drop as well as Kenny.

I said it in the Raw thread, I'll say it here.

Kenny 'botched' the spinebuster to avoid landing on the sledgehammer.

Go back and watch it again, if he took it right, he would have landed on the sledge and broke his fucking back.

And I like both SS and Umaga.

:ph34r:

I find it funny that when a wrestler botches a move, people here turn their back on them so fast. You guys need to realize that wrestlers will botch a move from time to time and not all moves can be done or taken correctly every time. A move or a bump will be botched, get over it.

Yeah, people botch moves, it's nature. Kenny hasn't done something horribly wrong, like make out with a Diva in front of Linda, so... get over it.

No that would be Masters, Snitsky, Maven heat of WHY THE FUCK ARE THEY IN THE MAIN EVENT!

Maven heat? When Maven was a Heel he got legit heat, I think he was a good Heel. No Heel Maven dissing here.

Guest Human Highlight Reel
How does Umaga "suck ass"? I think his offense is unique, he doesn't seem to botch any moves, and he works fairly quickly. Certainly there have been _many_ far worse "big men" in WWE than this guy. Yeah, the gimmick is pretty ridiculous for 2006, but so is the concept of five guys doing cheers in a wrestling ring.

Tree of woe, crappy-looking headbutt, thumb to the side of the neck. That is every Umaga match. And male cheerleaders are more plausible then a samoan savage.

Also, people won't bother booing the SS if they don't buy them in the Main event. Masters never had heat, Snitsky was only in the Main Event once, and Maven was never a main event heel, though I recall the crowd being pretty into his Title Match with Triple H on that one Raw.

Well, you have to consider that Umage has mostly had boring squash matches which don't build him up, while the Spirit Squad are in the main event for good reasons-they have charisma, get great heel heat, and don't play generic 80's "Samoan Savage" characters that nobody gives a shit about anymore. Plus, they are infinately better workers, don't need a manager to try and get them over, aren't boring "HOSS BY GAWD" wrestlers, and are basically better than Umaga in every way.

As for people complaining about SS being annoying-that's kind of the point of them. They're supposed to be annoying, obnoxious heels that you want to see get the shit kicked out of. That's one of the things that makes them great.

Maven heat? When Maven was a Heel he got legit heat, I think he was a good Heel. No Heel Maven dissing here.

Maven did not get legit heat it was the oversized FLCL eyebrows that got the attention.

Maven did not get legit heat it was the oversized FLCL eyebrows that got the attention.

I think he did get legit heat at the end when he was a heel. I remember that PPV when he got beat 3 times in one night. When he was on the stick he was drawing some good heat. He was worthless as a face though.

I think he did get legit heat at the end when he was a heel. I remember that PPV when he got beat 3 times in one night. When he was on the stick he was drawing some good heat. He was worthless as a face though.

Wait lets not get ahead of ourselves here. Maven was not good on the mic. So I don't think he could get any heat off that.

Wait lets not get ahead of ourselves here. Maven was not good on the mic. So I don't think he could get any heat off that.

This is pretty much the only time I remember Maven getting some promo time. Cant remember if he was good or not but I do remember that he got some good heat off of it (on that particular PPV). I believe he got beat by Shelton Benjamin 3 times in a row with the longest match being like 10 seconds or something.

Didn't he also trim the Brows of Doom near the end?

Yeah he went from oversized FLCL to pencil thin RuPaul eyebrows.

>>>>>>>>>>>>> K8AIRHORN_TN.jpg

I LOVE UMAGA, but I like the Squad too. Without either, I probably wouldn't be watching RAW which is ironic since some people are turning it off for the same reasons.