TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Invictus

DS Lite - The Thread

I wonder what kind of punny name they'll give him in the English version. Speaking of Phoenix Wright, Justice For All is coming out very soon here in North America. I can't wait, I loved the original.

Edit: A stupid typo.

I wonder why kind of punny name they'll give him in the English version. Speaking of Phoenix Wright, Justice For All is coming out very soon here in North America. I can't wait, I loved the original.

I loved it too; check the Cosplay thread.

Preordering Justice For All at EB or Gamestop gets you a special AWESOME POINT stylus. So I did.

Yeah, I couldn't resist pre-ordering for the stylus...even though I don't know how much I'll use it since it won't fit in the holder on the DS Lite.

I also commented on your excellent Phoenix Wright cosplay costumes way back when you posted them.

I wonder why kind of punny name they'll give him in the English version. Speaking of Phoenix Wright, Justice For All is coming out very soon here in North America. I can't wait, I loved the original.

I loved it too; check the Cosplay thread.

Preordering Justice For All at EB or Gamestop gets you a special AWESOME POINT stylus. So I did.

Does it fit in the DS Phat? If not, I can pass, as I already have the big pen stylus. It's not worth Gamestop's ridiculous 5 dollar premium for the *honor* of purchasing a DS game at Gamestop.

You can get the original PW at Toys 'R Us for 20 bucks now--you might even be able to pre-order Justice For All, too.

That's definitely a pick up for me. Seems quite interesting and pretty cool in terms of fighting style. I like the timer that's also there as it'll probably mean you've got a set limit to beat the game too. And I wish I could get the single of the music near the end. Its pretty cool.

Dammit, I wanna find some place that is selling Final Fantasy III, but you think any place has it? Fuck no. No one's gotten shipments of ANYTHING since Christmas around here. Except a few minor things. So frustrating.

Oh god oh god Phoenix Wright 2 tomorrow

I might be waiting for awhile. When there's a pre-order bonus I actually care about, sometimes I pre-order online because some of the clerks at my local EB have sticky fingers and the bonuses tend to "never arrive". And due to EB deciding to change their international shipper from FedEx (Usually within 1 day I would get my package from them) to UPS (whom I have had nothing but problems with, including them hiring a collection agency to come after me for a COD charge I already paid), it may be awhile.

Also, for whatever reason, all packages shipped to me via UPS end up in Kentucky. Kentucky. Even when they're already IN Canada, they sometimes go back down to Kentucky when I track them. I'd love to know why.

Oh god oh god Phoenix Wright 2 tomorrow

I might be waiting for awhile. When there's a pre-order bonus I actually care about, sometimes I pre-order online because some of the clerks at my local EB have sticky fingers and the bonuses tend to "never arrive". And due to EB deciding to change their international shipper from FedEx (Usually within 1 day I would get my package from them) to UPS (whom I have had nothing but problems with, including them hiring a collection agency to come after me for a COD charge I already paid), it may be awhile.

Also, for whatever reason, all packages shipped to me via UPS end up in Kentucky. Kentucky. Even when they're already IN Canada, they sometimes go back down to Kentucky when I track them. I'd love to know why.

I'm lucky, I guess; I'm known to the staff at EB. I've been told mine was set aside. I also know who to punch if I ever don't get one.

Kabu Trader Shun: "Phoenix Wright: Ace Stock Market Investor". Never thought I'd say it but STOCK MARKET BATTLE, ANIME STYLE!

Link

Capcom: Giving us entertaining games based on professions we otherwise wouldn't give two shits about.

I have to say though, that that game really is lacking in charm. Those designs are so awfully generic, and the entire PW series is based on incredibly memorable characters and wonderful writing. Without those things, it wouldn't be near the success that it is.

Wallstreet Kid?

One of the shitty aspects of that game was managing your love life with that egocentric bitch you had for a girlfriend. Anyway, from what I've been reading, I'm assuming it's going to be more like a fast-action day-trading sort of presentation rather that a day-to-day investing game like Wall Street Kid was.

I'm going to give it a chance if since I like the concept.

Wallstreet Kid?

One of the shitty aspects of that game was managing your love life with that egocentric bitch you had for a girlfriend. Anyway, from what I've been reading, I'm assuming it's going to be more like a fast-action day-trading sort of presentation rather that a day-to-day investing game like Wall Street Kid was.

I thought Konami, not Capcom made this. In fact, Hideo Kojima is behind this one.

Wallstreet Kid?

I thought Konami, not Capcom made this. In fact, Hideo Kojima is behind this one.

Did some further digging. It's going to be released under the Capcom banner apparently. I haven't bothered researching beyond that though.

"Of course. That monkey doesn't fake the funk on a nasty dunk."

New greatest video game of all time. Actually, I think that quote ties with awesomeness with this one:

"OWWOWWWOWWOWWOWWWOWWOWWOWWWOWWOWWOWWWOWW

OWWOWWWOWWOWWOWWWOWWOWWOWWWOWWOWWOWWWOWW

OWWOWWWOWWOWWOWWWOWWOWWOWWWOWWOWWOWWWOWW"

Wario Land: Master of Disguise, the awesome new DS Metroid-ish game is due out in March for the U.S.

We all know about the Wario Ware games, but his platformers are really awesome too. Try them if you haven't already (and have a GBA to play Wario Land 1-3 on).

Oh, and a look back at Wario's humble beginnings:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuwSGbYw4X8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ6OcJLgWOY&NR

Nintendo had such awesome commercials back in the day. Youtube doesn't have the Wario Land 1 (SML3) commercial, though.

Guest Smues
Wario Land: Master of Disguise, the awesome new DS Metroid-ish game is due out in March for the U.S.

We all know about the Wario Ware games, but his platformers are really awesome too. Try them if you haven't already (and have a GBA to play Wario Land 1-3 on).

Oh, and a look back at Wario's humble beginnings:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuwSGbYw4X8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ6OcJLgWOY&NR

Nintendo had such awesome commercials back in the day. Youtube doesn't have the Wario Land 1 (SML3) commercial, though.

The Virtual Boy Wario game was pretty awesome too. Not that anyone else played it because it was on virtual boy, but it was a pleasant surprise for that system.

It's a shame that Master of Disguise turned out to be, sadly, not awesome at all. Ah well.

I actually own Virtual Boy Wario Land. I don't own a Virtual Boy, though, so I've never played it. It's just that I'm hanging on to it for ChrisMWaters. He's determined to play the game but couldn't find it, but I was able to snap it up at a pawnshop.

Now I'm waiting for his deadbeat BUTT to get the system to play it on so he'll take it off my hands.

Well, as stated in the comments thread, I finally got the money to get a DS Lite. Picked up some games (both Phoenix Wrights, Trauma Center, FF III and per recommendation, EBA and FF VI [on order from Amazon, couldn't find it anywhere around here]). So far I love it. I'm to the bonus mission on Phoenix Wright and I must say it's quite challenging. A couple of times I knew where I wanted to go, it just took some trial and error to get there. I'm going to finish the 1st before moving on just in case 2 refers back to 1. Done a little bit of III and so far so good. Rather simple battle system, although I haven't opened up any jobs yet so I don't know how complicated it can get. Put a pretty good amount of Trauma Center behind me, and it's pretty fun in a "soap opera" sort of way. Just started on EBA and it's going to take some getting used to. I'm not terribly good at rhythm games so it's going to be slow going for a while.

All in all though I'm glad I chose it over the PSP. I didn't need yet another media format to play movies on, just games.

It's a shame that Master of Disguise turned out to be, sadly, not awesome at all. Ah well.

I actually own Virtual Boy Wario Land. I don't own a Virtual Boy, though, so I've never played it. It's just that I'm hanging on to it for ChrisMWaters. He's determined to play the game but couldn't find it, but I was able to snap it up at a pawnshop.

Now I'm waiting for his deadbeat BUTT to get the system to play it on so he'll take it off my hands.

After I pay off bills.

Which will be a while. :P

I saw a Virtual Boy in a local CD store about 3 years ago. It was either $25 or $35 and came with Mario's Tennis and Mario Clash. I was going to buy it, but then I saw the Zelda Ocarina of Time Master Quest disc for Gamecube and decided to pick that up instead. Well I'm not even that good at Ocarina of Time the normal way. What made me think I would be better on a harder version?!?!???? And the next time I went to the store, it was gone! I AM SUCH A DUMBASS. I LOVE MARIO CLASH. I HAVE NEVER SEEN A VIRTUAL BOY SINCE. AND I DON'T BUY STUFF ONLINE.