TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Invictus

DS Lite - The Thread

Guest Smues

I own 2 virtual boys, but they're both back at my parents house. I really need to ship them up here sometime.

A new Ninja Gaiden game is coming to DS. Unfortunately it will apparently be 3D and played with the DS on its side, Brain Age-style. But here is a blurry scan:

55406_ngds_122_333lo.jpg

I would just like to say that "Jumping Jack Flash" is one of the most frustrating (in a good way) things I've ever tried to do. And I'm only on the Cruisin' difficulty level. I can't even imagine it on Hard Rock. Actually I can since I've seen it on YouTube. It looks crazy.

Yeah, EBA can be pretty sadistic. However, something that's great about the game is that people feel compelled to play past the lower difficulties. How many games can you say that about?

EDIT: for some confusing verbage.

Yeah, EBA can be pretty sadistic. However, something that's great about the game is that people feel compelled to try the lower difficulties. How many games can you say that about?

Exactly. I love it even while it's causing me to tear my hair out. I finally beat JJF on Cruisin' and so far the 3* difficulty isn't THAT much harder. I'll wait and see.

BTW, I unlocked "ABC" and tried it first on the 3* difficulty just to see what it was like. Surprisingly enough I beat it my second time through. I was sweating pretty good by the end of it though.

Having never played the first one, I picked up Lost in Blue 2. All I can say now is that I really suck at surviving so far.

I just started playing Trama Center, while I like it some levels are frustrating the hell out of me

Yeah, the time limits irritate the crap out of me. Some of the surgeries are basically "Screw up once, forget about it" because of the time limit. The game is fun though, complete with big soap opera-ish plot.

One of the surgeries was irritating me (gotta fix up at least 3 patients in 10 minutes or you fail) so I moved over to EBA for a while. Came back, and the mission was no problem. I guess sometimes you just need to back away and take a break.

Now I just need to beat Jumpin' Jack Flash on Sweatin' difficulty. Just can't move the stylus fast enough.

I really wish I could remember where I put my DS games. They're around the house somewhere but for the life of me I can't remember where.

Doctors can't afford to take breaks, Victim. Get out of my hospital.

Shit you oughta see the hospital my sister used to work at as a media relations person. Very Scrubs-esque. You'd be surprised at the morbid sense of humor most doctors have, and what practical jokes they're willing to pull with various medical exhibits/instruments.

All this talk of Trauma Centre is making me long ever more for my copy, hidden somewhere in my house,

I'm pretty crap at it but i'd still like a go.

Thanks, I feel much better now. My self confidence had pretty much been torn to shreads by that damn Trauma Centre. Now I know.

I know we're only a little over 3 months into 2007, but so far, Puzzle Quest is easily my game of the year.

Get it. Now. Seriously.

OHHHH MY GODDDDDDDD

In addition, I'd like to say Custom Robo is an excellent WFC game for the DS. I haven't yet found anything super broken like snaking in Mario Kart.

I know we're only a little over 3 months into 2007, but so far, Puzzle Quest is easily my game of the year.

Get it. Now. Seriously.

OHHHH MY GODDDDDDDD

What? It's fucking awesome.

Get it. Now. Seriously.

OHHHH MY GODDDDDDDD

What? It's fucking awesome.

I know it is. That's why I screamed OHHHHH MY GODDDDD. I own a copy. That's me freaking out. Imagine me on caffeine as I say that; paints a more vivid picture.

It's Bejeweled as an RPG.

You make a character, wizard/warrior/druid/knight(knight? I think that's the 4th one), and it's got a basic generic RPG storyline. You get spells, companions, can take over towns, etc. However, every battle is done on a basic Bejewled screen. the basic 4 color orbs are mana, make matches of 3 or more and get mana added, so you can cast spells. There's coins where you get money if you match them up, stars where you get experience if you match them up, and skulls that do damage to your opponents if you match them.

Get a match of 4 or 5, and you get an extra turn.

Both of you play on the same Bejeweled board, making it much more strategic which moves you want to make.

I'm thinking of getting a DS...

Is it still a top choice to pick for a handheld or should I just go for the PSP? (I don't really care about the UMD movies and all that shit...)

My only reservation is that it seems whenever I make a choice to buy a handheld, within a month or two they bust out a newer model.

Also, what are some of the better games for it?

The DS probably has the better software library and it's cheaper. Then again, it's likely to be (competently) emulated before the PSP, so that's something to take into account if you're into the emulation thing.