TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Invictus

DS Lite - The Thread

Anyone else getting Diamond or Pearl on Sunday?

Although ive never been a fan of the pokemon series, i'll probably give it a go. But im too busy playing Hotel Dusk at the moment.

Finally delved into the Castlevania series with Portrait of Ruin. Put about 11 hours into it and I'm almost finished with the primary storyline, but it's been a good experience. Charlotte is unnecessary except in the parts where you actually need to use her, so she feels really tacked on. She is good for covering Jonathan's back where enemies are all over the screen though. I primarily used Jonathan equipped with Nebula, Medusa Whip or Flame Whip for most of the game.

I'll probably move on to Dawn of Sorrow once I'm done. And as a side note: Konami bringing the picture-in-picture cover for their Best series is hysterical.

pa.28510.1.jpg

I just bought Hotel Dusk. This game is really cool and reminds me a bit of Deja Vu for the NES. Plus, I love the art style. Although the main character is a bit too modern-looking with his hairstyle and chin hair for a game that takes place in 1979.

The last game I got was Starfox Command. It's fun but it can be a pain in the ass and I don't have the patience to totally focus on it. Then again, I just got bored with my DS in general. There are still some games (about 6) I have not finished yet. However, I'm sure it will get a lot of use soon. The semester starts in a few weeks and the daily commute is 4 hours.

I'm excited for Zelda but I can't see myself devoting so much time on a handheld game, so it will probably take me forever to beat.

Everyone makes a huge fuss over Viva Pinata for the Xbox. I'll probably pick up the DS version if it has reviews similar to the 360 game.

Also, supposedly SD vs Raw is coming out for DS. Not expecting a classic but I'll probably buy it. I'm getting kinda tired of playin GBA Fire Pro on my lite.

Also, supposedly SD vs Raw is coming out for DS. Not expecting a classic but I'll probably buy it. I'm getting kinda tired of playin GBA Fire Pro on my lite.

Yeah, there is a version of 2008 for the DS. It's apparently completely touch-controlled. It's not that I don't think it's a bad control scheme in general, I just don't have high hopes for the DS version.

Yeah, there is a version of 2008 for the DS. It's apparently completely touch-controlled. It's not that I don't think it's a bad control scheme in general, I just don't have high hopes for the DS version.

Plus Amaze Entertainment is making it: http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/company/72246.html

Expect a poor attempt at retrofitting it to the DS' graphic capabilities and touch screen. It will be 3D but I saw some early screens, and it looked terrible (it's somewhere on GAF, but the search function doesn't work unless you have an account, and I never bothered to sign up).

Yeah I saw screens from the game too. Looks almost like it could be WWE Attitude...which I guess is to be expected for the DS, especially if it's attempting to keep alot of career game modes.

The fighting technique almost makes it look turn based too. In the grand scheme of things it probably won't resemble a wrestling game but it might be an interesting expierience to say the least.

Just announced for DS:

Remakes of Dragon Quest 4, 5 and 6

Viva Pinata DS

Fucking Yes!

Apparently Donkey Kong 64 is rumored to be getting a DS port soon.

Meh to that. I'd rather have a Donkey Kong Country 4. Because that series ruled. I don't care what the new wave of gaming journalists determined to discredit that series say. No, if your opinion is that DKC was a bad game, your opinion is WRONG.

I agree whole heartedly. I never played Donkey Kong 64 though so i'd be itnerested to give it a look. What ever happend to the Donkey Kong game that was supposed to come out on Gamecube? I remember it being announced at the start of the console's launch. I don't think the game later became Jungle beat either. It was supposed to be a follow up to DK64.

Rare being bought by Microsoft happened, but the only DK game I remember them announcing for the Gamecube was the Jungle Racer(?) game that had a screenshot on the back of the Cube's box.

http://www.newtrackandfield.com/

Looks like a hilarious, awesome, fun game. Plus, the character roster is a hoot. Sparkster is cool though, but this tho...

http://www.newtrackandfield.com/atg/characters (and click on...)

Pyramid Head is the ‘nickname’ of the most fearful creature from a small town called Silent Hill. Recently back from a brief but highly enjoyable killing spree in Hollywood, Pyramid (to his friends) loves nothing more than to strangle or wield his ‘Great Knife’ at anything living! His identity completely anonymous, Pyramid’s only language is the grunts and moans that emanate from inside his helmet. A fearful competitor and a very sore loser, Pyramid Head has been sent from the depths of the hell to compete against mankind and show that demons can go for gold!

* Home: The depths of Nightmare

* Dislikes: Everything you hold dear

* Skill: Strength

I bought Pokemon Diamond a while back now and played it a bit, but have had some travelling to do this week and have gotten absolutely hooked. Takes me back to playing the original at school.