TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TNABaddboi

OAO 5/25 Impact Thread

Guest Hotbutter Spoontoaster
Ron just about wrote himself off with that dropkick, good thing his neck is made of rubber.

That looked fucking sick. It was like a Shooting Star-dropkick/Dropsault, but from the top rope. I'd love to see it from another camera angle.

Memo to the James gang...1998 called they want the Nation parody back

In other words....."Oh you didn't know? We got stale years agooooo-oh!"

I liked the show overall. I'm gonna stop saying it feels rushed, because it's always rushed until they get more airtime, so until they do, I won't say it anymore.

I was surprised Truth got through, but very glad to see him in the main event at the ppv. James Gang I thought was pretty funny, yea it's stale, but I got a kick out of it. I CARE ABOUT A SCOTT STEINER STORYLINE. Wow, never thought I'd say that. Good job, TNA. The Slammiversary commercial was pretty funny...looks like a WWE commercial, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Senshi...what an awesome finisher.

Senshi...what an awesome finisher.

So true. It looks simply devastating. I must hurt like hell to take. :huh:

Chase Stevens' cat uses those jeans as a scratching post.

They totally don't get why Hansen called it the Western Lariat (he's a southpaw). Unless Roode hits from the top rope, it can't be the Northern Lariat.

Who cares its just a Clothesline!

They're technically different and if it's good enough for Stan Hansen it's good enough for me.

And the difference is the way it is sold.....one is a finisher and the other is a transition move. The Roode Lariat needs to much setup and is the type of move that should only be used in tag matches while the ref is distracted by the manager or partner.

They totally don't get why Hansen called it the Western Lariat (he's a southpaw). Unless Roode hits from the top rope, it can't be the Northern Lariat.

They're technically different and if it's good enough for Stan Hansen it's good enough for me.

And the difference is the way it is sold.....one is a finisher and the other is a transition move. The Roode Lariat needs to much setup and is the type of move that should only be used in tag matches while the ref is distracted by the manager or partner.

I'm pretty sure they call it the Northern Lariat as a play on words since he's "from up north".

I fell asleep, but I'll watch the show on saturday.

Two things I have to know:

1.) Was Kip in black face for the promo?

2.) Just how crazy was Sting's promo? Can I get an upload? Link? Transcript?

1- Not just black face, black everything

2- I have no idea what he was talking about and yet it made perfect sense.

Guest JRE

Christian is sadly becoming a kind of generic face. I always thought his best work was when he was cocky/insulting...kinda like The Rock. He spent the entire time doing commentary saying stuff like "These are two tremendous competitors" and "nothing means more to me than the NWA World Heavyweight Championship."

That's all nice to say, but I was just begging for him to insult Monty.

The first Testify was dead on, the second was too much.

He should have did the commandments and be completely confused then. He did the D-Von stumble very well though, I'll give him that. And the crowd was into it so I thought it was fine.

The testify got lame though, but for an insult promo it was very effective.

I just was watching the impact replay, and never having seen low ki in the ring before, I am astounded. I have never seen wrestling like that before. The way he moves, the unorthadox style (as if that were possible this day and age), the screams and the finisher. Wow, that is some of the sickest stuff I've ever seen.

I just was watching the impact replay, and never having seen low ki in the ring before, I am astounded. I have never seen wrestling like that before. The way he moves, the unorthadox style (as if that were possible this day and age), the screams and the finisher. Wow, that is some of the sickest stuff I've ever seen.

You owe it to yourself to find some of his work from the first few years of TNA or Ring of Honor.

Guest Princess Leena
Christian is sadly becoming a kind of generic face. I always thought his best work was when he was cocky/insulting...kinda like The Rock. He spent the entire time doing commentary saying stuff like "These are two tremendous competitors" and "nothing means more to me than the NWA World Heavyweight Championship."

Indeed. Christian badly needs some more life into his character. He got so popular because of his funny insulting remarks, and they take that away from him...

Indeed. Christian badly needs some more life into his character. He got so popular because of his funny insulting remarks, and they take that away from him...

They could learn a thing or two from Cena's tanking championship run

Guest J0bber

I'm pretty sure they call it the Northern Lariat as a play on words since he's "from up north".

For some reason when you said "From up north" I thought you were referring to WWE like WCW did in their day. Luckily, Bobby Roode is talentless and will never make it up North so we won't have to worry about it.

Guest J0bber
Christian is the Rated G Superstar!

Do you mind if this goes in my sig?

For some reason when you said "From up north" I thought you were referring to WWE like WCW did in their day. Luckily, Bobby Roode is talentless and will never make it up North so we won't have to worry about it.

Mark Henry made it...

Mark Henry made it...

Snitsky made it...

While I actually agree with that, I think Christian's efforts as champ so far suggest that the WWE had him at about the level his ability merits.
Part of his problem lies in the faceness of his character - Christian NEEDS to be a heel, a selfish, smartass cocky heel. he's just too bland as a face, he's just "Oh I left the WWE cause TNA is awesome" and that's not much to build a personality on.

Guest Coffey

Glad to hear that because it was a good show. I actually watched it because word-of-mouth from the internet was positive.

Very nice news on the ratings front. TNA's starting to find a formula that has fans tuning in.

Yeah, storylines. They've got a couple of them going, although one is just a major disaster waiting to happen.

While I actually agree with that, I think Christian's efforts as champ so far suggest that the WWE had him at about the level his ability merits.

Part of his problem lies in the faceness of his character - Christian NEEDS to be a heel, a selfish, smartass cocky heel. he's just too bland as a face, he's just "Oh I left the WWE cause TNA is awesome" and that's not much to build a personality on.

A few shoot comments from Christian is all that is needed. Looks like TNA took a Jericho clone and made him into a boring Malenko clone. The cookie cutter face of "I only care about is being champion" shit helps no one.

You owe it to yourself to find some of his work from the first few years of TNA or Ring of Honor.

I didn;t even see it and I knew that Low-Ki was going to rule.

Yes, I am a mark for him. Sue me.