TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mole

The Shield...

From the FutonCritic.com:

FX has extended its veteran cable drama "The Shield" for a seventh and final season while HBO is set to wrap "Deadwood's" run with a pair of two-hour original movies.

The latter news comes on the heels of dueling statements in recent weeks by HBO and creator/executive producer David Milch over the show's fate. Milch told TV Guide last week that "this is to be the final season of the show," referring to its return this Sunday. HBO executives however responded that no decision had been made about any potential fourth season. In any case, the pair have settled on producing two telefilms as "Deadwood's" swan song, likely as a two-night, four-hour event.

Negotiations are currently underway to sign the show's cast to reprise their roles while no production start date was mentioned.

As for "The Shield," 13 fresh installments are set to be produced for the final season, which will launch in late 2007 or early 2008. Production is currently underway on its sixth cycle of 10 episodes (due in early 2007), which was originally billed as the second half of its fifth season. In total, 88 episodes will have been shot of the series once it run concludes.

"Shield" creator/executive producer Shawn Ryan and star Michael Chiklis have already signed on for the show's swan song, while Forest Whitaker will return on a limited basis for the upcoming season.

Great news.

I have faith in Ryan; he hasn't let me down yet. Probably one of the most consistant series there is. I have yet not to like a season, even the worst season, 4, is still great. Now with all of the Shane shit, it's bound to pick up even more.

I have faith in Ryan; he hasn't let me down yet. Probably one of the most consistant series there is. I have yet not to like a season, even the worst season, 4, is still great. Now with all of the Shane shit, it's bound to pick up even more.

I have said this before...very consistent series. I actually liked 4. I went in not wanting to like Close's character, but it turned out pretty good.

I really liked season 4. My least season could possibly be 2 (but in saying least favourite, I still loved it). I'd say with season 5 this year I was more interested in how that was turning out while it was on than I was in Lost or 24.

FX is pretty damn awesome, what they have done is amazing given that a few years ago they showed only 3rd rate movies and Fear Factor. They were a joke network and now that are one of the best on TV.

Might as well ask this here...

FX Vs HBO.

Which is #1?

Is HBO still doing a 4th season of The Wire this year? Because if so, that and Entourage put it over FX in my mind.

And The Shield doing a 7th season is great news. I've actually really really liked every single episode of that show from all seasons.