TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Lt. Al Giardello

NHL 2006 Off-Season...

Don't know what the Blue Jackets are gonna do for goaltending because right now its probably the weakest part of a decent team. I wouldn't be surprised to see them trade for a goalie if things go bad quickly. Probably Igly of Ducks or Tos of Sharks, but not really sure what they'd give up besides Zherdev.

Don't know what the Blue Jackets are gonna do for goaltending because right now its probably the weakest part of a decent team. I wouldn't be surprised to see them trade for a goalie if things go bad quickly. Probably Igly of Ducks or Tos of Sharks, but not really sure what they'd give up besides Zherdev.

They seem pretty confident in Leclaire if they traded away Denis. Granted, he's not proven, but it seems to me, at least for the next four or five months, they have faith in him.

Good news for Habs fans,

Koivu said he is ready for the beginning of the season, after almost a career ending injury from the high-sticking incident that happened in the playoffs.

And good news for Bruins fans.

Zhammnov is sent packing and heading back to Russia.

Guest Felonies!

Looks craptastic to me. It'll be gone in a year.

THe color scheme is basically the same as Nashville's. Nothing was wrong with the original blue and gold.

THe color scheme is basically the same as Nashville's. Nothing was wrong with the original blue and gold.

Nashville is navy/silver/yellow(ish). This is navy/white/yellow. Nitpicking, I know, but it's not really the same colors. I agree that they'll be gone shortly and end up like the Gorton's Fisherman jersey that the Isles had for a little over a year, they could be a lot worse.

Guest Felonies!

No, there's silver there in those weird Denver Broncos stripes. The Predators officially wear "mustard," I'll give you that. Oh, and the shorts don't match the sweaters. They also don't match the throwback sweaters. I guess they figured "why bother"?

Guest Felonies!

They're using that as a 3rd. What's gonna happen, as mentioned earlier with the '96 Islanders, is that they'll be shat on so badly that they have to go back to the old uniforms, or at least one very close to it.

It doesn't even have any fucking legs!

Oh man... I showed someone who knows nothing about hockey (or sports in general) and they were like "so that's a junior league team's new logo, right? Big deal." After telling'em it was a pro leagues they went "so how quickly do they revert back?".

Its just so bush league looking, the Buffaslug is. Why not just update the original logo? Can't be that hard.

Guest Felonies!

For me, one of the worst sportswide trends is going to really dark and unsaturated colors instead of brighter ones, like the Brewers and Rams going from royal blue and gold to navy blue and champagne. Speaking of navy blue, I guess the reason that there's been such a deluge of navy blue jerseys in the NBA (Cleveland 3rd, Denver 3rd, Utah, Memphis, et al) is that Stern put a moratorium on black jerseys, and navy is as close as they can get to black, which ostensibly appeals to "the hip-hop culture." Yeah, good thing the Utah Jazz got in on that.

Think it was instated because of how often teams were changing their jerseys from season to season. I myself totally forgot that. I pity Buffalo and Ducks fans.

...I can't figure out which logo I hate more though.

Guest Felonies!

Hey, is the NHL gonna be lame like the NFL and forbid using Gary Glitter at games? Because taking "Rock & Roll Part 2" out of the hockey game atmosphere is not the shot in the arm that this league needs.

Hey, is the NHL gonna be lame like the NFL and forbid using Gary Glitter at games? Because taking "Rock & Roll Part 2" out of the hockey game atmosphere is not the shot in the arm that this league needs.

That whole thing is lame. Glitter was a kid toucher for years, but NOW they're going to stop using the song? It's a friggin song. Not like it uses the words "Suck his little kiddy cock!"

Probably won't be used at games, but we'll see.

And I know its only pre-season, and its is the Blackhawks, but my Oilers blanked them. That's always an encouraging sign that maybe, just maybe we'll have a good year.